Dec 04, 2019
Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market Gains Traction as PVC Production Amps Up
by Team Fact.MR
The last few years have seen methacrylate butadiene styrene market thriving with a rise in the demand for PVC. Methacrylate butadiene styrene is a ter-copolymer significantly used as an impact modifier in PVC (polyvinyl chloride) resins to impart transparency, impact resistivity, and to improve the overall mechanical properties of PVC.
The global PVC production showed a steady increase with over 60 million tons in 2018, and PVC producers have been reported to amplify production capacity over time. Increasing demand of PVC from the building & construction sector and higher penetration rates in medical applications, packaging, electrical & electronics and automotive has also pushed the methacrylate butadiene styrene market on an upward growth trajectory. As a result, methacrylate butadiene styrene market is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period (2019-2029).
Key Takeaways of Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market:
- Balanced demand from developed markets, will reflect a sluggish growth as a result of moderate investments in industries associated with PVC consumption
- To fulfill the demand for enhanced and compatible impact modifiers for bio based polymers will decrease the consumption of methacrylate butadiene styrene. For instance, companies like Arkema and Dow have invested in a new range of impact modifiers to meet the demand for impact modifiers compatible with biopolymers.
- Presence of potential substitutes like chlorinated polyethylene (CPE), acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), methyl methacrylate acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (MABS), acrylic impact modifiers, and others are set to hamper the methacrylate butadiene styrene market doing the forecast period.
- Despite preference for existing alternatives, transparency and impact resistance properties of methacrylate butadiene styrene will aid and balance out the demand worldwide.
- Packaging and consumer electronics related components such as blow molded containers, extruded films and pipes as well as calendered sheets will remain new target application areas for MBS suppliers.
- Declining production of butadiene due to shale gas effect is set to influence the methacrylate butadiene styrene market.
“With no signs of PVC consumption in building & construction slowing down, the demand for methacrylate butadiene styrene market will create remunerative opportunities over the forecast period says the Fact.MR analyst.”
Technological Advancements and Product Launches to Remain Top Strategy of Prominent Stakeholders
The methacrylate butadiene styrene market is well matured. However, it has plenty of room for improvement, with the introduction of bio-based polymers. Key players in the market including Kaneka Corporation, Dow, Arkema, LG Chem. Ltd, INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Shandong Novista Chemicals Co., Ltd, are focusing on innovative production launches and investing in R&D activities to adapt to the ongoing changes in the market in order to increase their foothold in the global methacrylate butadiene styrene market. New, emerging Markets of PVC such as medical tubing, will create new avenues of growth for players and would generate remunerative opportunities during the forecast period.
More Valuable Insights on Methacrylate Butadiene Styrene Market:
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the methacrylate butadiene styrene market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2029. The study divulges essential insights on the methacrylate butadiene styrene market based on End-Use (building & construction, packaging, consumer electronics, automotive, and others (medical, gym & fitness &, etc.) across six major regions.
>>> To get more information on methacrylate butadiene styrene market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/1178/methacrylate-butadiene-styrene-market
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs and requirements of the entire value chain of the Chemical & Materials sector. A team of passionate analysts track the performance of the existing Chemicals & Materials as well as those that have just entered their product life cycle. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed the Chemicals & Materials lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR has been assisting clients in their business expansion as well as new ventures through its analysis and recommendations.