May 13, 2020
Polyamines Market to Cap US$ 200 Mn by 2020 End, Shale Inhibitors to Exhibit High Growth, Says Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
Polyamines market is poised to surpass US$ 200 Mn by 2020 and is set to grow at a steady 4% during the forecast period (2020-2030). Polyamines is a key water treatment chemical and coagulant used for treatment of discharged waste water. Though coagulants constitute a major share of the market, shale inhibitors are growing at a faster rate owing to their high demand in oil & gas well explorations.
Key stakeholders such as Kemira Oyj, BASF S.E, and SNF Floegler are leaning towards polyamines to utilize in the oil & gas industry. This is primarily due to the shrinking demand for coagulant applications backed by the presence of unreacted epichlorohydrin on polyamine colloids in potable water. This has led the US government to enforce a ban on utilization of polyamines for potable water treatment.
Key takeaways of Global Polyamines Market
- The global polyamines market is anticipated to create a value opportunity of around US$ 200 Mn during the forecast period, adding 1.4X times more value as compared to 2019.
- Market consolidation is set to affect the polyamines market by the end of 2030, with coagulants accounting for more than 60% of the market. Coagulant applications are projected to grow at just over 3% CAGR, as they are utilized to treat industrial effluent water released from industries.
- The decolouration application segment is anticipated to lose around 70 BPS in the forecast period of 2020-2030.
- By end-use, the oil & gas industry is set to grow at a moderate 3.8% during the forecast period and is set to gain 30 BPS through 2030.’
- Europe holds the leading share and accounts for more than 40,000 tons of polyamines production to cater to the requisite demand from end-use industries in North America.
- South Asia & Oceania and East Asian markets are set to grow at a steady pace, together accounting for around 40% demand share globally.
- Global polyamines market is highly consolidated in nature with BASF SE, SNF Floegler and Kemira Oyj as top contenders in the global market.
“Elasticity in demand and price fluctuations are set to inhibit market growth of polyamines amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This could hurt market position of other water treatment chemicals,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Manufacturers Adopting Organic Strategies to Increase their Foothold in Polyamines Market
Polyamines market stakeholders such as SNF, Kemira, and BASF are keenly looking at high demand growth of polyamines across different regions for greater product penetration in strategic markets. Stakeholders such as SNF are also trying to ramp up production to keep up with demand so as to enhance profit margins and also to strengthen their position in the market, thus, leading to lower competition among the market players.
COVID-19’s Impact on the Polyamines Market:
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the global economy in several ways. Demand for various products across several industrial verticals has fallen, directly impacting production. Supply chains have been disrupted, causing a gap in the demand-supply equation. A significant market crunch is anticipated for the shale inhibitors market, attributed to shortfalls in the oil & gas sector. Due to nationwide lockdowns and social distancing measures, travel between countries and within countries has been restricted. Consequently, the consumption of petrol, diesel and gasoline has reduced, leading to a drastic fall in crude oil prices across the world. As oil extraction operations have reduced, the sales of shale inhibitors has registered a downward spiral. However, in the long-run, the market is anticipated to rebound, with production cycles being restored in the aftermath of the pandemic.
More Valuable Insights on Polyamines Market:
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global polyamines market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. The study divulges essential insights on the polyamines market on the basis of solid content (<50%, >50%), application (Coagulant, shale inhibitor, decolouration and others) and end-use industry (Oil & gas, water treatment, pulp & paper, rubber, textile and others) across six major regions.
>>> To Get more insights on polyamines market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/4786/polyamines-market
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR assists clients with unique business intelligence needs on a global level. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million+ data points, the team has analysed the Chemicals & Materials industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The chemicals & materials team at Fact.MR assists clients in their business expansion as well as new ventures, through hawk-eyed analysis and strategic recommendations.