Industry Analysis of UV Filters in North America
Sales Analysis of UV Filters in North America By Type (Organic, Inorganic), By SPF (SPF 6 to 14, SPF 15 to 30, SPF 31 to 50, SPF 50+), By Formulation (Creams, Gels, Lotions, Powder, Wipes, Sprays) and Country - 2023 to 2033
Analysis of UV Filters Covering Countries Include United States, Canada and more
UV Filter Sales Outlook for North America (2023 to 2033)
Demand for UV filters in North America has reached a market valued at US$ 6.01 billion in 2023 and is projected to increase at 5.9% CAGR from 2023 to 2033. Sales of UV filters in North America are forecasted to climb to US$ 10.71 billion by the end of the study period (2023 to 2033).
There is no better space to boost the sales of UV filters than North America at the moment and this can be attributed to the high spending potential of people and the growing availability of different sun care products. The expanding aging population and rising aesthetic awareness are also pushing people to opt for anti-aging products such as sunscreens and lotions to improve their physical appearance.
- North America accounts for 33% share of global sales revenue at present, amounting to 258,307.2 tons in volume in 2023.
|UV Filter Sales in North America (2023)||US$ 6.01 Billion|
|Projected Sales Value (2033F)||US$ 10.71 Billion|
|Demand Growth (2023 to 2033)||5.9% CAGR|
|Sales Volume (2033F)||443,316.9 Tons|
|Sales Growth in Canada (2023 to 2033)||3.5% CAGR|
|Organic UV Filter Sales in North America (2033F)||US$ 7.51 Billion|
|Key Companies Profiled||
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Which Unexpected Factors are Propelling UV Filter Demand in North America?
“Growing Awareness Regarding Skin Cancer and Other Skin Diseases”
Sunscreens and lotions that protect from UV rays are not just beauty and personal care products but also helpful in preventing diseases such as melanoma. Awareness regarding various types of skin cancers and skin diseases has increased in recent years in the North American region thereby promoting sales of UV filters in this region.
Learn more about growth-augmenting aspects such as local supply, pricing trends, product standards, safety regulations, and new developments in this research study for UV filters by skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
UV filter suppliers should target the United States if they want to set a strong foothold in the North American region and focus on Canada if they want to diversify their business to a new section of the audience.
What Makes the United States a Highly Bankable Country for UV Filter Manufacturers?
“Surging Demand for Premium Personal Care Products”
Spending on personal care of people in the United States has always been high and this has allowed the country to lead ultraviolet filter demand in the North American region. Growing geriatric population and rising popularity of premium personal care products among people are projected to uplift the sales of ultraviolet filters in the long run.
- In March 2023, BYOMA, a skincare brand owned by Future Beauty Labs, announced the launch of a new moisturizing gel cream with the ability to protect skin from sun damage and encourage barrier repair as well. The Moisturizing Gel-Cream SPF 30 performs like a premium product but comes with an affordable price tag.
Frequent launch of novel products and more international brands launching their sun care products in the United States create a highly profitable space for UV filter providers
- In May 2022, Naked Sundays, an Australian brand known for its SPF products, announced its entry into the United States marketplace. The brand offers vegan and cruelty-free products.
- UV filter sales in the United States account for US$ 5.39 billion at present and are forecasted to rise at 6.1% CAGR over the next ten years.
Should UV Filter Suppliers Target Canada?
“Growing Awareness Regarding Importance of UV Sun Protection”
People in Canada are becoming more aware of the importance of sun care for their skin as the incidence of skin cancer increases in the country. Increasing spending on personal care and the growing availability of different types of sun care products with novel UV filters are also projected to benefit demand growth in Canada over the next ten years.
- Sales of UV filters in Canada are set to increase at 3.5% CAGR over the next ten years and reach US$ 899.3 million by the end of 2033.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Creams with organic UV filters are projected to be popular among consumers in the North American region and companies should focus on providing the same to get the best returns on their investments.
Which Type of UV Filters are Preferred by More Consumers?
“Organic UV Filters to Maintain Hegemony through 2033”
Growing awareness regarding the benefits of organic and clean-label ingredients coupled with the rising realization of long-term ill effects of chemical and inorganic ingredients are projected to bolster the demand for organic UV filter products over the coming years. Evolving consumer preferences and the growing willingness of consumers to spend on organic products are also projected to boost shipments of organic UV filters over the next ten years.
- In 2023, sales of organic UV filters hold a value of US$ 4.46 billion and are forecasted to reach a volume of 3,39,436.5 tons by the end of the study period.
In Which Formulation are UV Filters Most Widely Sold?
“Cream Formulations Projected to Lead Revenue Generation”
A majority of consumers in the North American region prefer UV filters in cream formulation owing to their easy application and highly effective results. UV filter creams have better absorption capabilities as compared to other formulations, which makes them more effective and suitable for all types of skin thereby bringing in the most revenue of all formulations.
- Sales of ultraviolet filters for cream formulation in North America are forecasted to account for a revenue of US$ 5.87 billion by 2033-end.
Top UV filter manufacturers are focusing on launching new products to expand their business potential and help beauty and personal care brands launch new sun care products.
- In June 2023, Sofia Vergara, a popular Columbian-American actress, announced the launch of her beauty brand called Toty in collaboration with Cantabria Labs. The brand offers a sunscreen that uses a proprietary PLE Fernboost technology.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Segments of UV Filter Study in North America
By Type :
- Triazine & Triazole Derivatives
- Dibenzoyl Derivatives
- Benzimidazole Sulfonic Acid Derivatives
- Camphor Derivatives
- Titanium Dioxide
- Zinc Oxide
By SPF :
- SPF 6 to 14
- SPF 15 to 30
- SPF 31 to 50
- SPF 50+
By Formulation :
By Country :
- United States
- FAQs -
UV filter sales in North America account for US$ 6.01 billion in 2023.
Sales of ultraviolet filters are forecasted to reach US$ 10.71 billion by the end of 2033.
Sales of UV filters in North America are set to increase at 5.9% CAGR over the next ten years.
Organic and inorganic are the two main types of UV filters.
Croda, Dow, Hallstar, L'Oréal Group, Lonza, and Solvay are renowned UV filter suppliers in the region.