Sales of Fruit Snacks to Soar, as Profound Nutritional Understanding Heightens Consumer Spending, Finds Fact.MR
Published : 23 Jan 2020 Industry: Food & Beverage
The global fruit snacks market is poised to grow at an impressive CAGR of over 8.5% and is estimated to reach a value pool of over US$ 9 Bn by the end of the forecast period (2019-2027). Although breakfast foods and energy drinks have gained precedence among the masses, fruit snacks are becoming popular and their consumption will continue to grow at a steady clip. Health foods are no longer a niche group, as they are starting to incorporate more mainstream food trends. These conditions are transforming the landscape of the food industry to give the fruit snacks market a lucrative base for growth. A pronounced understanding of wellbeing is one of the prevalent trends among top tier consumers and one of the main determinants behind healthy food choices and sales of fruit snacks. This is further motivating food companies to utilize locally sourced, functional and natural ingredients for fruit snacks
Key Takeaways of Fruit Snacks Market
- When it comes to heightened global sales of fruit snacks, consumer awareness and preferences are further accompanied by an increasing number of government initiatives
- North America had an overall market share of more than 25%. Increasing millennial propensity for convenience foods with a high nutritional quotient will drive the fruit snacks market in this area
- Asia Pacific will be the most lucrative region for the fruit snacks market during the forecast period with a growth rate of over 5.5%. Growing fears about high sugar intake, artificial ingredients and dissatisfaction with daily indulgence is causing Asian consumers to shift towards fruit snacks
- Beverages comprised over 35% of the overall market share. A rapid increase in functional drink consumption due to increased health concerns will drive the market for fruity beverages such as juice and smoothies in the forecast timeline
- Mainstream stores hold a dominant market share for fruit snacks. An increasing number of modern retail outlets across all regions, including supermarkets and hypermarkets, etc., will support the segmental share for mainstream distribution channels
- E-commerce giants are including active food catalogs on their websites, which again provide more exposure to food snack products because they do not have to compete for a physical space on the grocery shelves
“Shifting consumer preference for easy and balanced snacking choices supported by the growing count of supermarkets & hypermarkets is expected to drive the global fruit snacks market” says the Fact.MR analyst
Product Innovation Fuelling Sales Growth
The global fruit snacks market is consolidated in nature with a few major food companies such as Kellogg Co and General Mills acquiring the top shares. Manufacturers are implementing state-of-the-art manufacturing and packaging techniques to fulfill customer expectations for GMO-free food products and other unhealthy artificial ingredients. Companies operating on the fruit snacks market are paving the way for product innovation by investing enormous amounts in product development programs to meet the needs of current and potential customers as well. For example, companies like SunOpta invested enormous amounts to launch new products to expand their market presence and also reach potential and untapped markets.
Find More Valuable Insights on the Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global market for fruit snacks, with historical data on demand (2013-2018) and expected projections for the period (2019-2027). The report discloses compelling insights into the demand for fruit snacks based on nature (organic, conventional) product type (sweets & savories, dairy products, beverages), distribution channel (modern trade, specialty stores, convenience stores, online stores, departmental stores/mom & pop stores, drug stores & pharmacies, travel retails) across several major regions.
About The Food & Beverages Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the food & beverage team at Fact.MR helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed the food & beverage industry lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides end-to-end research and consulting services; reach out to explore how we can help.