Paints & Coatings to Account for Over One Fourth of the Talc Market by 2029, Projects Fact.MR
Published : 24 Jan 2020 Industry: Chemical & Materials
Efficacy to offer stain free paint finish and advanced optical properties will increase talc’s uptake within paints & coatings industry which is projected to account for over one fourth of the market share by the end of 2029. Talc’s weather resistivity coupled with its excellent barrier properties makes it an ideal pigment, filler and extender in paints & coatings. Furthermore, talc is an excellent reinforcing filler in engineering thermoplastics used for automotive parts. The shift towards lightweight automotive parts will assist the market to grow at a rate of ~3% throughout the assessment period (2019-2029).
Key Takeaways of Talc Market:
- Chemically inert and soft to the touch, talc will remain an ideal ingredient in cosmetics and an ideal carrier for perfumes.
- Increased consumption of talc as an anti-blocking agent in polyethylene is set to propel demand for talc during the forecast period.
- Ceramics industry will continue to dominate the demand pie among other end use industries and is forecast to account for over one fourth of the revenue share by 2029
- Based on its form, powder form talc is projected to maintain its supremacy in the market and is projected surpass market valuation over US $ 510 Mn by the end of 2029
- Talc carbonate is set to register an upward growth rate among deposit types and is anticipated to create absolute $ opportunities of ~ US$224 Mn by the end of forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, East Asia will continue to remain a frontrunner in the global talc market throughout the forecast period with a CAGR of ~4%
“Efficacy to restore mechanical properties of recycled plastics and its ability to be an ideal nucleating agent in biopolymers will amplify the demand for talc, during the forecast period”, says the Fact.MR analyst.
Acquisitions to Remain Market Hallmark
Talc market is partially consolidated in nature in which Imerys S.A., Minerals Technologies, and Mondo Minerals have accounted for over one third of the market in 2018. To leverage the immense potential, the market has experienced new entrants during the historical period (2014 - 2018). Prominent companies have been involved in acquisitions and expansion of their global distribution network to strengthen their position in the market.
More Valuable Insights on Talc Market:
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the talc market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2029. The study divulges essential insights on the talc on the basis of form (powdered and lumps or granules), end use industry (agriculture, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, paints & coatings, cosmetics, pulp & paper, food and others) and deposit type (talc chlorite, talc carbonate and others) across six major regions.
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs and requirements of entire value chain of Chemical & Materials sector. A team of passionate analysts track the performance of the existing Chemicals & Materials as well as those that have just entered their product life cycle. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed the Chemicals & Materials lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR has been assisting clients in their business expansion as well as new venture, through their analysis and recommendations.