Oct 12, 2020
Calcium Silicate Boards Market to Reach US$ 1.1 Bn by 2030; COVID-19 Outbreak to Hamper Market Growth in Short Term, Says Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
Calcium silicate boards are key insulation materials used across industries such as petrochemicals, steel, cement, refractories, aluminium, and others. Rising manufacturer consciousness to control production costs has enhanced the growth of the calcium silicate boards market in industrial applications. Apart from industrial applications, calcium silicate boards are extensively used in building and construction. However, in the past half-decade, demand for building and construction has declined nearly 4-fold, owing to the adoption of key substitutes such as gypsum boards, cement fibre boards, and others. Overall, increasing industrial application has normalized the demand effect, and is set to bolster market growth through 2030.
The calcium silicate boards market is anticipated to create an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 300 Mn over the forecast period (2020-2030).
Key Takeaways from Calcium Silicate Boards Market Study
- The global calcium silicate boards market is anticipated to add 1.3X value by 2030.
- 1000 X 500 mm calcium silicate boards capture nearly 50% of the global market, and are set to create an opportunity of US$ 160 Mn over the next ten years
- Climate boards is the fastest growing segment in the calcium silicate boards market, owing to their insulation benefits in building & construction and industrial applications.
- The petrochemicals industry is set to dominate market revenue in 2020, and is expected to gain 180 BPS in its market share by 2030. The building and construction segment is anticipated to lose around 70 BPS over the same time period.
- Europe holds a leading share in the global calcium silicate boards market, of which, Germany accounts for most of the demand.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the global economy in several ways. A significant market crunch is anticipated for oil & gas and chemical processing industries, attributed to shortfalls in macroeconomic factors such as buying power, demand contraction, and others, adversely affecting the calcium silicate boards market in the short term.
“Lower speculative demand in the past-half decade, owing to nominal growth in prices, is set to lower medium term risk,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Players to Dominate Calcium Silicate Boards Market
The calcium silicate boards market is highly fragmented in nature, with key players operating such as A & A Material Corporation, American Elements, BNZ Materials, Calderys, Calsitherm, Johns Manville, and Ramco. Companies with economies of scale have an edge over other players to leverage products at lower prices, which is set to enhance marginal revenue. Nearly 80% of the companies in the market channel low density calcium silicate boards, owing to their extensive application in industrial insulation.
More Valuable Insights on Calcium Silicate Boards Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global calcium silicate boards market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. The study divulges essential insights on the calcium silicate boards market on the basis of board size (1000 X 500 mm, 1200 x 2500 mm, 2400 x 1220 mm, and others), application (climate boards, pipe section, equipment insulation, high temperature insulation, fire protection, chimneys, and others), and end use (petrochemical industry, furnaces, steel industry, glass industry, aluminum industry, cement industry, marine industry, building & construction industry, and others), and across five major regions.
>>> To Get more insights on calcium silicate boards market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/5207/calcium-silicate-boards-market
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the Chemicals & Materials industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.