Growing Semiconductor Packaging Industry to Bolster Demand for Die Bonding Pastes, Evaluates Fact.MR
Published : 15 Apr 2021 Industry: Chemical & Materials
East Asia and South Asia & Oceania together account for a majority of the market share, from both, the production and consumption side for die bonding pastes. This is due to the fact that these regions have a large number of semiconductor packaging and SMT assembly industries who are extensively utilising die bonding pastes to manufacture electronics circuitries to be assembled in electrical & electronic goods.
Relative high R&D investments to introduce new and advanced die bonding pastes with improved electrical properties and material composition is playing a vital role in developing the overall market. Further, increase in demand for jetting-based die bonding pastes in die attach applications from both, the semiconductor packaging and SMT assembly industry, with new upcoming projects related to diverse applications is one of the prime reasons for rising demand for die bonding pastes.
As per the report published by Fact.MR, the die bonding pastes market is anticipated to surpass US$ 625 Mn in 2021, and is poised to expand at a CAGR of around 5% over the next ten years.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The die bonding pastes market is anticipated to add 1.6X value by 2031.
- The conductive die bonding pastes segment captures a major portion, equivalent to more than half of the global market share, and is set to create an absolute $ opportunity of around US$ 390 Mn over 2021-2031.
- Among the end-use industries, the communication industry has been the fastest-growing segment, owing to rise in consumption of electronics used in communication over the past decade.
- In 2021, China is set to dominate market revenue, and by 2031, it is anticipated to gain 96 BPS.
- The market in China, Taiwan, and Vietnam is expected to rise at around 5.5% CAGR through 2031.
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, demand for die bonding pastes was hit in 2020, which saw a decline in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the year.
“Investing in jetting-based die bonding pastes to become a trend in global semiconductor packaging industry,”says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key players are investing in developing jetting-based die bonding pastes. Such measures and enhancements will drive market growth in the medium- to long-term forecast period.
More Valuable Insights
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global die bonding pastes market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of conductivity (conductive and non-conductive), paste (sintering pastes, semi-sintering pastes, solder pastes, epoxy pastes, and silver-glass pastes), application (SMT assemblies, semiconductor packaging, LED/optoelectronics, and others) and end-use industry (consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, medical, and communication), across five major regions of the world (North America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Oceania, and RoW).
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analysed the Chemicals & Materials industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Consultant - Chemicals & Materials