Global Analog Multimeters Market: Introduction
Analog multimeters are electronic devices that are used to measure electrical quantities such as resistance, voltage, current, signal power, and frequency. Analog multimeters are used to find electrical and electronic problems. Basic functionality is the measurement of resistance in ohms, current in amperes, and potential in volts. Advanced analog multimeters comes with some additional features such as diode, capacitor, and IC testing modes. Some of the specific measurements done with the help of analog multimeters are DC current, AC current, DC voltage, and AC voltage. Analog multimeters are generally hand-held or bench top. Hand-held analog multimeters are designed in such a manner that they can be used while being held in one hand. Bench top analog multimeters can be transported around with the use of wheels and handles.
Like the digital ones, even analog multimeters have a variety of ranges. These ranges are described in terms of Full Scale Deflection (FSD). In order to read the significant numbers with optimum accuracy, the scale reading should be somewhere between around a quarter and all of the FSD. Analog multimeters can have the following ranges.
- AC Voltage: 10V, 25V, 100V, 250V, 1,000V
- DC Current: 50uA, 1mA 10mW, 100mA
- DC Voltage: 2.5V, 10V, 25V, 100V, 250V, 1,000V
- Resistance: 1R, 100R, 10,000R
Global Analog Multimeters Market: Drivers and Challenges
It is very easy to gain a quick idea of the value of magnitude and the trends for slowly moving changes with the help of the continuous movement of the needle of an analog multimeter, which one of the key factors driving the growth of the analog multimeters market. Analog multimeters are easily available even when digital meters are not, which is another factor fueling the growth of the analog multimeters market. Analog multimeters are expected to be widely used by various national parks and zoos across various countries, and this increased utilization is anticipated to drive the growth of the analog multimeters market. Moreover, the increased adoption of electronic devices is also anticipated to propel the demand for analog multimeters.
Analog multimeter provides a low input resistance as compared to the input impedance provided by the digital meters, which is one of the major factors restraining the growth of the analog multimeters market. Moreover, a ban has been imposed on the use of analog multimeters on roads across several regions such as New South Wales, Dubai, Netherlands, California, and New York, and these bans have immensely affected the demand for analog multimeters.
Global Analog Multimeters Market: Segmentation
The analog multimeters market can be segmented on the basis of type, application and region.
The analog multimeters market segmentation by type,
- Hand-held Multimeters
- Bench Top Multimeters
The analog multimeters market segmentation by application,
- Electronics Factories
Global Analog Multimeters Market: Competition Landscape
In June 2017, Jewell Instruments, LLC announced the acquisition of Gem Electronics, Inc. The addition of Gem Electronic, Inc.’s consumable products along with Triplett’s growing sales and product development team will better position Triplett to provide a more complete line of solutions for low voltage installers and maintainers.
Examples of some of the market participants in the global analog multimeters market identified across the value chain include Agilent Technologies, Rohde & Schwarz, National Instruments, Adlink Technology, Aeroflex, Tektronix, Giga-tronics, Teledyne LeCroy, Danaher, Yokagawa Electric, and Rigol Technologies.
Global Analog Multimeters Market: Regional Outlook
The analog multimeters market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, CIS & Russia, Japan, APEJ, and Middle East & Africa.
North America is expected hold the largest share of the analog multimeters market during the forecast period because of the fast adoption of technology in the region. China and Japan are anticipated to witness the highest growth in the analog multimeters market during the forecast period, due to the wide usage of analog multimeters in factories.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Multimeters Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013-2017
- Market Size & Forecast, 2018 to 2028
- Value Chain
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for the analog multimeters market includes development in the following regions,
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of LatAm
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Greater China
- S. Korea
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts & industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development