- During 2013 to 2018, the milking machine market witnessed an impressive growth at a CAGR of 6%, mainly attributed to the rapid penetration of automation in the dairy industry.
- Demand for milking machine has been significantly influenced by the advent of advanced electromechanical technologies in the dairy equipment industry. The milking machine market was estimated at over US$ 1.5 billion in 2018.
- The milking machine market is expected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 8% through 2027, as leading stakeholders continue to enhance their product portfolio to gain a competitive edge.
- Europe remains the leading market for milking machine, accounting for over 30% sales, despite a rigid dichotomy between veganism and high consumption for dairy products in the region.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to be the high-growth market for milking machine, attributed in part to growth of the dairy industry, which has created significant opportunities for market players.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Milking Machine Market?
- The role of advanced dairy equipment is transitioning from being limited to large-scale dairy manufacturing facilities to becoming an integral part of manufacturing machineries among small- and medium-scale dairy businesses.
- Adoption of milking machines is increasing with dairy manufacturers’ need to attain superior herd management and high-quality milk production to cater growing demand for milk and dairy products.
- Leading dairy manufacturers’ recent business strategies reflect their focus on reducing labor dependency, which is fostering the incorporation of advanced automated technologies in modern dairy manufacturing facilities.
- The fourth industrial revolution has infiltrated most industrial sectors, including the dairy industry, creating a significant sales potential for milking machines in the rapidly-expanding organic dairy businesses across the world.
- Advances in technology are enabling the milking machine industry players to introduce more user-friendly controls and efficient features, in a bid to cater end-user requirements vis-à-vis business productivity.
- Manufacturers are introducing milking machines that can offer maximum comfort and freedom of movement to cattle, which can ultimately help end-users to achieve a higher milk yield.
What are the Key Challenges in the Milking Machine Market?
- Low product penetration in underdeveloped countries, where dairy farmers prefer hand-milking over milking with robots, is restricting growth of the milking machine market across the globe.
- High operating and maintenance costs of milking machines, including expensive parts and replacement and recurring electricity bills, may impose a negative impact on sales and adoption.
- Dairy industry faces uncertain future due to volatile dairy prices, forcing milking machine manufacturers to constantly modify their business strategies in order to shun losses.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Milking Machine Market – Notable Developments
- In January 2019, GEA Group AG – a German manufacturer in the milking machine market – announced that it has introduced DairyRobot R9500—a new cow-milking robot, which is engineered to increase on-farm efficiency and improve the milking process. The company claims that the DairyRobot R9500 the industry’s first real-time Somatic Cell Count (SCC) monitoring unit that assesses milk flow throughout the entire milking process to detect mastitis early in order to protect the health of the herd and minimize treatment time.
- In November 2018, DeLaval – a producer of dairy and farming machinery headquartered in Sweden – announced that it will double its manufacturing capacity for its VMS™ milking system V300 with a dramatic increase in its order intake. The company also declared that it aims to secure deliveries from suppliers, adjust supply chain planning, and provide a high-efficiency and larger storage facility in order to reduce lead-time to customers.
- In April 2019, Fullwood Packo – a European manufacturer of automated milking systems – announced that it has entered a strategic outsourcing partnership with PP Control & Automation (PP C&A) to get a significantly more value-added and cross-functional manufacturing solution. With this partnership, the company aims to free up its valuable manufacturing resource and bypass the challenge of availability of additional skilled labor physical space issues or to focus more on growing its business in the milking machine market.
Founded in 1948, Lely is a leading manufacturer in the agricultural sector and operates through its subsidiaries, such as Lely Industries N.V., Lely Agrartechnik Gmbh, and Maasland N.V. Lely’s product portfolio ranges from dairy care products, milking robots, and automated feeding systems to agricultural equipment and barn cleaners.
GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft
GEA Group Aktiengesellschaft was founded in 1881 and is headquartered in Düsseldorf, Germany. GEA Group AG is a leading technology provider in a wide range of industrial sectors, including agriculture and food & beverage. The company offers technologically advanced, tailored, and high-performance milking and cooling solutions to dairy businesses.
DeLaval is headquartered in Tumba, Sweden, and was founded in 1883 as AB Separator by Gustaf de Laval. The company offers a wide range of milking equipment and integrated robotic milking solutions for dairy farmers to maintain high quality of milk and improve animal health.
Founded in 1785 and headquartered in Ellesmere, England, Fullwood Packo is a leading manufacturer of milk cooling tanks and milking systems, and it also offers high quality products for the pharmaceuticals and food industries. The company offers high-tech robotic milking systems with the ultimate focus on providing better efficiency, productivity, and milk quality over the milking machines introduced by its competitors.
Founded in 1939, BouMatic LLC is a leading company in the dairy industry with its global headquarters in Wisconsin, U.S. The company operated in the milking machine market through its subsidiary – BouMatic Robotics B.V., which is a dynamic Dutch company that offers milking robots for dairy farmers. BouMatic Robotics focuses on introducing modern robots in the dairy cattle industry with been a continual emphasis on maintaining the balance between cow, man, and technology.
LELY, GEA Group, DeLaval, Fullwood Packo, BouMatic, S.A. Christensen & Co., Milkplan Farming Technologies, Prompt Dairy Tech, ADFmilking Ltd., Afimilk Ltd., Impact Technologies, Bisstarr Milking Systems, Vansun Technologies Pvt Ltd., AMS-Galaxy USA, and Caprine Supplyare among the leading companies in the milking machine market that are featured in the Fact.MR report.
Milking Machine Market – Additional Insight
Shifting End-User Preference from Semi-automatic to Fully-automatic Favor Milking Machine Sales
Current trends in the milking machine market allude high demand for semi-automatic milking machines than that for the fully-automatic variants. However, an upsurge in the demand and sales of fully-automatic milking machines can be backed by the advent of next-generation automation technologies in the dairy equipment industry.
Willingness of end-users to spend more on technologically advanced, automated milking machines, mainly driven by increasing need for amplifying milking efficiencies per labor hour among dairy businesses, continue to underpin sales of these variants. As leading companies in the milking machine industry introduce milking machines integrated with herd management controls, the global demand for fully-automatic milking machines is expected to record a dramatic increase in the near future.
Interested to Procure The Data
The Fact.MR research study on milking machine market offers industry-best intelligence and insights into the global milking machine market forecast. The research study on milking machine market is a result of extensive research methodology, comprising of a primary phase and a secondary phase.
The report on milking machine market gives a comprehensive analysis of its growth prospects and opportunities over the forecast period, including a detailed segmentation.
Milking Machine Market: Segmentation
By Product Type
- Fully Automatic
By Model Type
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific (Excluding Japan)
- Middle East & Africa
By Buyer Type
- Small (Less than 10 employees)
- Medium (10-50 employees)
- Large (More than 50 employees)
By End Use Application
- FAQs -
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.