Milking Machine Market
Milking Machine Market Analysis By Product Type (Fully-automatic, Semi-automatic), By Model Type (Mobile, Stationary, Pipeline), By Buyer (Individuals, Enterprises), By End-use Application (Cows, Sheep, Goats, Buffaloes) and Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Milking Machine Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Milking Machine Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
Worldwide sales of milking machines are estimated at US$ 4.1 billion in 2023 and are predicted to reach US$ 8.7 billion by the end of 2033. The global milking machine market is pegged for expansion at a high-value 7.8% CAGR over the next ten years.
Milking machines are used to milk animals such as cows, goats, and buffaloes. Use of these systems allows efficient milking of cattle without wasting any time and without causing any discomfort to the animal being milked. Growing adoption of advanced technologies and machinery in agricultural practices and supportive government initiatives to advance economic growth via milk production are set to boost the shipments of milking machines in the future.
Surging demand for high-quality milk, increasing focus on reducing dependency on labor, rising acceptance of Industry 4.0 standards, advancements in milking technologies, and rapid expansion of organic milk businesses are other key factors that play a pivotal role in governing milking machine demand. Frequent launch of novel milking devices and rising preference for full-automated milking systems among farmers are also creating new opportunities for milking machine companies.
Availability of skilled technicians to operate advanced milking equipment is declining and efforts to solve this are also projected to be crucial for a successful milking machinery business in the future.
- In April 2021, Teagasc, Milk Quality Ireland, ICOS Skillnet, and Technological University of Dublin, partnered and jointly developed a new part-time traineeship program to maintain and attract new workers in the milking service industry. The program was expected to educate people on testing, maintenance, and installation of milking machines.
On the flip side, growing popularity of plant-based milk and the high maintenance and operation costs of milking devices are forecasted to be major restraints troubling milking machinery manufacturers in the long run. A detailed account of all threats and challenges has been extensively discussed in this milking machines industry analysis by the skilled analysts at Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Milking Machine Market Size (2023)
US$ 4.1 Billion
Projected Market Value (2033F)
US$ 8.7 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023 to 2033)
Prominent Regional Market (2023)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
How Can Start-ups Milk the Most from the Milking Equipment Space?
“Integration of Advanced Technologies with Milking Systems – Udderly Necessary for New Companies”
Milking machine start-ups are focusing on bringing complete automation to the milking industry and they are integrating advanced technologies such as robotics and artificial intelligence. Incoming milking machine suppliers should focus on product innovation and raise capital to fund their business expansion efforts on a global scale.
- In January 2023, Dairy Robotics, a new company based in Kildare, Ireland, is focusing on building next-generation technologies for farmers. The company is using novel technologies such as AI to modernize dairy farming through its plug-and-play devices that can be used by any farm without any specialized requirements.
An elaborate account of market aspects such as local supply, pricing trends, product standards, safety regulations, and new developments has been mentioned in this milking machinery industry study for start-ups to gain a critical understanding of the current and forecasted market scenario.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
What Barriers Do Milking Machine Suppliers Need to Overcome?
“High Cost of Maintenance and Growing Preference for Plant-based Milk Products”
The plant-based trend has significantly changed the way the world works and this change is slated to influentially augment the trajectory of the milking machine business in the future. Demand for milk and milk-based products is fluctuating as more and more people opt for plant-based milk such as soy milk, almond milk, etc. Low product penetration in underdeveloped countries, where dairy farmers prefer hand-milking over milking with robots for milk harvesting, is restricting the growth of the milking machine market.
High operating and maintenance costs of milking machines, including expensive parts and replacement and recurring electricity bills, may have a negative impact on sales and adoption. The dairy industry faces an uncertain future due to volatile dairy prices and evolving consumer preferences, forcing milking machine manufacturers to constantly modify their business strategies to shun losses and stay profitable in the milk extraction business.
Why is India Regarded as a Highly Lucrative Space for Milking Machine Providers?
“Supportive Government Initiatives to Promote Modernization in Dairy Industry”
India is the leading producer of milk in the world and this is the primary reason promoting the sales of milking equipment in the country at present.
- India accounted for around 24% of global milk production from 2021 to 2022 and bolstered its stance as the leading producer of milk around the world.
The government of India is launching several initiatives to bolster its economic growth and as part of this, the government is also pushing for the modernization of the farming and dairy industries, which contribute handsomely to the GDP (gross domestic product) of the country. The growing availability of automated milking machines, rising adoption of precision agriculture, and increasing awareness regarding the benefits associated with the use of milking equipment are other aspects that create an opportune setting for milking machine vendors in India.
- In March 2022, the Ernakulam Region Cooperative Milk Producer's Union, announced the launch of a new milking machine that was capable of milking 2 cows in 8 minutes. The new devices can be powered using engines connected to motorcycles using energy from petrol or batteries.
Why Should Milking Machine Manufacturers Invest in Canada?
“Skilled Labor Shortage and Need to Scale Dairy Farms”
Canada is emerging as one of the top places people prefer to relocate to and the launch of several new PR (Permanent Residence) visa programs is attracting more and more people to the country. High demand for milk from the expanding population coupled with a shortage of skilled labor for milking cattle are creating a highly opportune scenario for robotic milking machine suppliers in Canada. Dairy producers in the country are also scaling their operations to improve their business scope and satisfy rising demand.
Why are Milking Machine Companies Thriving in Europe?
“Presence of Key Dairy Producers – Prime Investment Attraction for Milking Device Manufacturers”
European countries such as France, Germany, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom are home to some of the most prominent dairy producers in the world. A growing number of dairy farmers and rising demand for milk and milk-based products such as cheese, yogurt, etc. are projected to be key factors promulgating the sales of milking systems in the European region over the next ten years.
- Germany and France are leading markets when it comes to dairy production and milk yield optimization and this is why milking equipment companies should converge their efforts in these countries if they want to make a significant impact in the European region through 2033.
Contrastingly, the growing popularity and preference of plant-based products among European consumers are anticipated to be the major challenge obstructing the growth scope of milking machine manufacturers and suppliers in the long run.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Preference for Which Type of Milking Machine Will Rise Going Forward?
“Fully-automatic Milking Machines to Be Most Sought After”
Current trends in the milking machine market allude high demand for semi-automatic milking machines than fully-automatic variants or robotic milking systems. However, an upsurge in the demand and sales of fully-automatic milking machines can be backed by the advent of next-generation automation technologies in the dairy equipment industry.
The willingness of end users to spend more on technologically advanced, automated milking machines for their dairy automation purposes is mainly driven by the increasing need for amplifying milking efficiencies per labor hour among dairy businesses, which continue to underpin sales of these variants. As leading companies in the milking machine industry introduce milking machines integrated with herd management controls, global demand for fully-automatic milking machines is expected to record a dramatic increase in the near future.
Top-tier companies in the milking machine market are focusing on launching new products for milk processing and milk quality control to maximize their sales potential and improve revenue generation capacity on a global scale.
- In August 2022, DeLaval, a leading provider of dairy and farming machines based in Sweden, announced the launch of its new rotary milking systems for dairy producers in North America. The next-generation E-series rotary milking system provided increased milking efficiency by automating the selection and sorting of cows to reduce the stress on dairy cattle.
- In July 2021, GEA Group, a German corporation mainly operating in the food and beverages industry, announced the launch of a new line of automatic milking robots to improve the profitability of dairy producers. The new-gen DairyRobot R9500 and DairyProQ automatic milking devices were among the products that were launched.
Leading milking machine manufacturers are also opting for collaborations, partnerships, and mergers to expand their business scope and improve their stance in the global competitive dairy technology market.
- In May 2021, Waikato Milking Systems, a renowned provider of dairy technology, and Nedap, a leading company known for its dairy herb management tech, revealed that they had formed a new partnership. The companies also announced the launch of CowTraQ and TracHQ, which are cow monitoring and automation platforms respectively.
Key Segments of Milking Machine Industry Research
By Product Type :
By Model Type :
By Buyer Type :
- Small (Less than 10 Employees)
- Medium (10 to 50 Employees)
- Large (More than 50 Employees)
By End-use Application :
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- FAQs -
The global milking machine market holds a value of US$ 4.1 billion in 2023.
Demand for milking machines is set to account for a value of US$ 8.7 billion by 2033-end.
Milking machine sales are forecasted to rise at 7.8% CAGR from 2023 to 2033.
Europe is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global market.
LELY, GEA Group, DeLaval, Fullwood Packo, BouMatic S.A. Christensen & Co., and Milkplan Farming Technologies are renowned companies in the industry.