Plastic Protective Packaging Market - Key Insights
- Plastic protective packaging registered a steady growth at 5.4% CAGR between 2013 and 2017. The plastic protective packaging market will continue to witness robust growth in the future owing to various factors ranging from growing demand for inflatable packaging to increasing adoption of plastic packaging in the e-commerce sector.
- The plastic protective packaging market is expected to surpass revenues worth US$ 14 billion in 2019.
- Europe is likely to remain the largest market for plastic protective packaging with revenues estimated to exceed US$ 4 billion in 2019.
- Plastic protective packaging market is expected to witness a relatively faster growth in East Asia, as China continues to gain significance as attractive hub for packaging manufacturers, upheld by growing demand from the electronics industry.
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Plastic Protective Packaging Market?
- Plastic continues to be the widely used material in protective packaging across various industries, with introduction of advanced materials such as polypropylene that provide high barrier and temperature resistance, thereby, protecting packaged products from harsh environments.
- Adoption of flexible packaging in the food and beverage, including pouches, bags, sleeves, shrink films, and tubes, owing to their low weight, flexibility, and durability properties, will continue to create growth opportunities for the plastic protective packaging market.
- With significant growth in the construction and electronics sector, air cushion and bubble packaging have emerged as the viable protective packaging solution for the products ranging from lightweight, delicate objects such as ceramics and housewares, to heavier electronic components and glassware.
- Bubble products being the most versatile protective packaging, manufacturers are offering multiple configuration, inflated bubble packaging with various grades that adjust the size of bubble as per the product. Moreover, recycled materials are also being used to produce modern inflated bubble products.
- With an increasing number of consumers opting for online shopping, companies have started focusing on offering protective packaging solutions such as bubble packaging, plastic stretch, and air cushions to ensure the protection of goods during shipping and transportation. According to the US Department of Commerce estimate in 2018, consumers spent $513.6 billion on online shopping, up 14.2% from 2017.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Key Challenges in the Plastic Protective Packaging Market?
- Sustainable sourcing of recycled materials in protective packaging remains a key challenge for the plastic protective packaging manufacturers. Moreover, stringent government regulations on plastic waste are also driving the demand of environmentally-friendly materials in protective packaging.
- Increased volatility in raw material prices over the past few years has emerged as the longstanding challenge in the plastic protective packaging market. Moreover, manufacturers in plastic protective packaging market are under the constant pressure to reduce process scrap as it is difficult to recover the cost of lost material from customers.
Plastic Protective Packaging Market - Competitive Landscape
- Berry Global Group plans to acquire RPC Group for approximately US$ 6.5 billion, including refinancing RPC’s net debt. It plans to create a global plastic and recycled packaging product franchise through this acquisition.
- Smurfit Kappa Group has acquired Balkanpack with an aim to expand its business in Bulgaria. Smurfit Kappa also plans to take over Vitavel, also a Bulgarian manufacturer.
- Sealed Air Corporation has entered into an agreement with Kuraray America, Inc. to offer Plantic, a plant-based food packaging in the US, Mexico, and Sealed Air Corporation’s planned investment of US$24 million is underway and the production is likely to start by Q2/2020.
Key players operating in the plastic protective packaging market include Berry Global Group, Inc., AEP Industries Inc., Intertape Polymer Group Inc., Smurfit Kappa Group, Sealed Air Corporation, Signode Packaging Systems Corporation, Winpak Ltd., Kureha Corporation, PREMIUMPACK GmbH, Flexopack S.A., Schur Flexibles Group, Coveris Holdings S.A., Allfo Vakuumverpackungen Hans Bresele Kg, Kuplast Matejka Kumar S.P., and Buergofol GmbH.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Stretch Wrap to Find Widespread Adoption in Protective Packaging across Industries
Stretch wraps have gained high palpability as an effective packaging solution in recent years, with demand attributed to growth in palletizing and shipping activities, in line with rising purchasing power of consumers and retail activities.
Improvement in resin strength and machinery technology used in stretch wrap manufacturing is also likely to expand the application range of stretch wraps in the upcoming years. Multi-layer stretch wraps and films are also gaining popularity across various industries due to the high-strength and customization potential.
Scope of the Report
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Plastic Protective Packaging Market -Research Methodology
The report on the plastic protective packaging market offers actionable and valuable insights along with in-depth analysis backed by the extensive research methodology. The key insights on the plastic protective packaging market are offered with the help of extensive primary and secondary research.
Interviews and discussions with industry and market experts formed as the part of primary research methodology. While journals, press releases, company annual reports, and other valid data sources in the plastic protective packaging market were used to gain information and data on the plastic protective packaging market.
Information obtained through both primary and secondary research was used to draw conclusions in the plastic protective packaging market. The research methodology also helped in eliminating misleading information and offering correct and accurate information on the plastic protective packaging market. 2017 has been taken as the base year to offer a forecast on the plastic protective packaging market for the period from 2018 to 2028.
The market report on the plastic protective packaging market is an authentic dataset for market players and readers to plan business strategies to gain a competitive advantage in the plastic protective packaging market.
The latest report by Fact.MR on the plastic protective packaging market offers in-depth analysis along with the valuable insights on the market. The report highlights all the important factors influencing the growth in the plastic protective packaging market.
The study includes historical data along with the forecast on the plastic protective packaging market. Micro and macro-economic factors impacting the plastic protective packaging market growth are also included in the report. The study also focuses on the quantitative data and qualitative data.
The study includes market dynamics such as key trends, growth opportunities, driving factors, and challenges in the plastic protective packaging market. The report also offers segment-wise and region-wise analysis in the plastic protective packaging market along with the focus on key countries.
The plastic protective packaging market report also offers data in terms of value, volume, year-on-year growth, and CAGR in the plastic protective packaging market. Competitive landscape in the plastic protective packaging market is also included in the report.
Chapter 1- Executive Summary
This chapter focuses on the global market outlook along with key market characteristics. The report also offers analysis and recommendations on the plastic protective packaging market.
Chapter 2- Plastic Protective Packaging Market Introduction
This chapter offers brief introduction on the plastic protective packaging market along with the product specific definition of plastic protective packaging.
Chapter 3- Market Background
This chapter focuses on the key trends that are impacting the market along with the product innovation trends. It also includes market dynamics such as challenges, drivers, and opportunities in the plastic protective packaging market. Policy and regulatory landscape in the market is also provided in the report. The report also offers Porters five force analysis and supply chain analysis. Macro-economic factors and market scenario forecast is also included in the report.
Chapter 4- Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis and Forecast
This section of the report offers historical value and volume analysis of the plastic protective packaging market. Current and future market projections are also offered in the report along with the forecast factors.
Chapter 5- Plastic Protective Packaging Market- Pricing Analysis
The chapter offers regional pricing analysis based on the material type. It includes all the key regions in the market.
Chapter 6- Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis, by Material Type
This section of the report provides value and volume analysis and forecast based on the material type segment. This segment is further divided into sub-segments including plastic mailer, air cushion, dunnage bag, bubble packaging, shrink wrap, sleeves, stretch hood, and shrink wrap.
Chapter 7- North America Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis
This chapter in the report focuses on the key trends and challenges in the plastic protective packaging market in North America. It also offers country-wise analysis of the market including key countries in the region.
Chapter 8- Latin America Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis
This chapter of the report provides details on the growth opportunities and important factors impacting the growth of the plastic protective packaging market in Latin America.
It also includes segment-wise analysis with information and data on the largest segment in the region. Key countries in the region are also included in the report along data including value and volume analysis.
Chapter 9- Europe Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis
This section focuses on the key factors of the plastic protective packaging market in Europe. The report offers details on the material type gaining popularity in the region along with the performance of the market in key countries.
Chapter 10- East Asia Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis
This chapter of the report provides information on the current scenario in the market in East Asia. Key factors influencing the growth of the plastic protective packaging market in countries in East Asia are also included in this chapter.
Chapter 11- South Asia Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis
This section provides information on the market including latest trends, and driving factors leading to the growth of the plastic protective packaging market in South Asia. The report also offers details on the material type highly preferred in protective packaging in the region.
Chapter 12- Oceania Plastic Protective Packaging Market
This chapter of the report includes all the key factors impacting the growth of the plastic protective packaging market in Oceania region. Country-wise analysis including information on all the key countries in the region is offered in the report.
Chapter 13- MEA Plastic Protective Packaging Market
This section of the report includes details on the growth opportunities in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region. it also focuses on the key trends in the region along with the current scenario on the market in key countries in MEA.
Chapter 14- Key Asia Pacific Countries Plastic Protective Packaging Market Analysis
This chapter focuses on the plastic protective packaging market in China along with the information on active participants and resin manufacturers. Year-on-year growth projections and market attractiveness analysis is also offered in the report.
Chapter 15- Plastic Protective Packaging Market Structure Analysis
This chapter of the report provides competition dashboard along with the details on the market share analysis of the key players in the plastic protective packaging market.
Chapter 16- Competition Deep Dive
This section focuses on all the leading players in the plastic protective packaging market. it provide details on each player in the market including company overview, product offering, strategy overview, SWOT analysis, and key financials.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.