Hydrofluoroether Market – Key Insights
- Constant revisions in Montreal Protocol in addition to the passage of F-Gas Regulations by the European Union in 2014 fuelled the demand for hydrofluoroethers in an assortment of industries. The hydrofluoroether market registered a healthy CAGR of over 10% during the 2013-2018 period.
- The hydrofluoroether market was estimated at over US$ 293 million in 2018, with Y-o-Y growth in 2019 estimated at 13%.
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan is expected to remain the leading market for hydrofluoroether on the back of the burgeoning industrial production across industries such as automobiles, electronics, and lithium-ion battery packs.
- The APEJ region is expected to emerge as a high-growth market for hydrofluoroether, on account of the healthy gross domestic product rates of the countries in the region which are likely to surpass 5%, according to the International Monetary Fund in the foreseeable future.
What are the Vital Factors Propelling Hydrofluoroether Market Growth?
- Intensifying international co-operation that demands a substantial reduction and eventual replacement of chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HCFCs), owing to their adverse impact on the ozone layer and significant contribution to global warming, is creating a surge in the demand for hydrofluoroether (HFE) in an assortment of industries. Hydrofluoroethers exhibit properties similar to that of CFCs and HCFCs while having zero ozone depletion potential and significantly lower global warming potential relative to other compounds which is a key factor estimated to drive hydrofluoroether market growth.
- Burgeoning investments in research and development of efficient manufacturing processes to overcome the post-processing challenges faced by the current production methodologies is expected to fuel hydrofluoroether market growth. With administrative authorities around the world passing regulations on limiting the use of chlorofluorocarbons and hydrochlorofluorocarbons, demand for hydrofluoroether in aerosol formulation, lubricants, heat transfer solutions, and cleaning applications is on the rise which, in turn, is prompting manufacturers in the hydrofluoroether market to funnel investments into streamlining production processes to maximize profit generation.
- Hydrofluoroethers are finding increasing usage as electrolytes in lithium-ion batteries owing to their non-inflammability, low surface tension, low viscosity, and low freezing temperatures. Safety and performance efficiency are two causes which have dented the demand for lithium-ion batteries in recent years. Studies suggest hydrofluoroether can potentially help lithium-ion battery manufacturers overcome the problems which, in turn, is likely to bolster hydrofluoroether market proliferation.
- The use of hydrofluoroether as a dry etching agent is estimated to substantially propel hydrofluoroether market growth with electronics industries increasingly adopting the process for the production of high-resolution miniature semiconductors. Bolstering demand for miniature electronic components is a vital factor which is likely to create a surge in the demand for hydrofluoroether in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Increasing use of immersion cooling techniques in data centers is expected to uphold hydrofluoroether market growth. Due to its non-flammable nature and superior thermal conduction properties, hydrofluoroether is being increasingly used as a dielectric liquid in immersion cooling. The high efficiency and lower costs associated with the use of the technique is accelerating its adoption, with technology giants such as Google using the method in the management of their data centers.
What are the Key Challenges Hampering Hydrofluoroether Market Growth?
- Although most of the hydrofluoroethers have low atmospheric life and global warming potential, some compounds in the category have substantially greater global warming potential than carbon dioxide. The increase in usage of hydrofluoroethers can potentially become a significant cause of global warming in the foreseeable future, a factor which could substantially dampen market growth.
- While there are no regulations pertaining to hydrofluoroether emissions, stringent guidelines for the production of the chemical compounds continues to remain a daunting challenge for manufacturers in the hydrofluoroether market. Coupled with the lack of effective production methods, the factor is expected to dampen hydrofluoroether market growth.
Hydrofluoroether Market – Competitive Landscape
- With the demand for hydrofluoroether in precision cleaning on the rise, 3M, a leading player in the hydrofluoroether market, released a study outlining the potential use of the segregated HFEs for cleaning of electronic packaging. The study concluded that segregated hydrofluoroethers could aid in the effective cleaning of electronic packaging components.
- Potential use of hydrofluoroether as an electrolyte for the development of high-energy lithium-ion batteries received a huge boost after ADA technologies reported the use hydrofluoroether-based electrolyte in the development of a lithium-ion battery which exhibited high-power density, a wider temperature operability range, high rate capability, and a longer life cycle at room temperature.
- Intensifying research towards the use of hydrofluoroethers as industrial lubricant received a huge boost after a study conducted by Bournemouth University assessed the tribological performance of the chemical compound in various industrial systems and concluded that it could potentially replace chlorofluorocarbon-based lubricants in the foreseeable future.
- Hydrofluoroethers can potentially find application in pharmaceutical and diagnostics with a recent study analyzing the potential prospect of using the chemical compound for biomolecule pattering. The study concluded that hydrofluoroether could effectively be used as solvents for the creation of biomolecule patterns as small as 2 nanometers.
Some of the leading players operating in the hydrofluoroether market include Tianhe Chemicals Group Limited, SICONG Chemical, Juhua Group Corporation, China Fluoro Ltd., AGC Inc., and Shandong Huaxia Shenzhou New Material Co., Ltd.
Demand for Hydrofluoroethers in Cleaning Applications to Remain Robust
Companies are increasingly using hydrofluoroethers for cleaning semi-conductors and IC components owing to their chemical inertness, non-corrosiveness, high resistivity, good material compatibility, and low toxicity. The non-inflammability, lower toxicity, and non-irritability to human skin and eyes also make hydrofluoroether easier for workers to handle. Development of automatic precision cleaning machines for semi-conductors is also a vital cause fueling adoption of the compound in various cleaning applications.
With government regulations and international campaigns emphasizing on the complete replacement of hydrochlorofluorocarbons and chlorofluorocarbons with eco-friendly alternatives, demand for hydrofluoroether in aerosol formulations, electronic coating, heat transfer applications, and in dilution & deposition solvents is expected t0 surge with the compound exhibiting properties similar to CFCs and HCFCs.
The report on the hydrofluoroether market is a consequence of a robust and elaborate research methodology which was employed during its compilation. A two-step process involving primary and secondary researches was conducted to extract detailed and actionable insights into the hydrofluoroether market. Interviewing experts from the hydrofluoroether market formed the basis of the primary research while secondary research was conducted by thoroughly studying company press releases, trade journals, paid sources, and other publications related to the hydrofluoroether market. Results obtained from both steps of the research were cross-referenced to produce an accurate forecast of the hydrofluoroether market.
A recently released report by Fact.MR provides detailed and actionable insights into the hydrofluoroether market. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of all the key factors influencing the growth of the hydrofluoroether market. In addition to this, all the key macro and microeconomic factors impacting hydrofluoroether market performance have been assessed in detail in the report. Both qualitative and quantitative analysis of the identified factors has been provided in the report in order to help readers develop a holistic understanding of the hydrofluoroether market. A comprehensive opportunity assessment of the hydrofluoroether market has also been included in the report. The report also provides a detailed analysis of the competitive landscape prevalent in the hydrofluoroether market.
Chapter 1 – Global Economic Outlook
The report on hydrofluoroether market commences with a brief overview of the global economic outlook and how is it influencing industrial production rates and consumer income. A clear link of the global economic scenario with the hydrofluoroether market has been provided in the chapter.
Chapter 2 – Global Hydrofluoroether Market (HFE) – Executive Summary
The chapter provides brief yet affluent information about the hydrofluoroether market. A summary of all the key findings of the report has been provided in the chapter along with a listing of all the key statistics pertaining to the hydrofluoroether market. In addition, exclusive recommendations from seasoned Fact.MR analysts have also been included in the chapter.
Chapter 3 – Global Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market - Overview
The chapter commences with a brief overview of the hydrofluoroether market while the consequent sections of the chapter provide a concrete definition of the hydrofluoroether market along with a list of all the key segments of the hydrofluoroether market. A brief overview of the global fluorinated solvents market is also provided in the chapter. All this information can potentially help readers develop a wholesome understanding of the hydrofluoroether market. The chapter also provides a detailed historical analysis of the hydrofluoroether market in terms of both value and volume in addition to a comprehensive analysis of all the key market dynamics influencing its growth. A detailed assessment of the regulations imposed on the production of hydrofluoroether around the world has also been provided in the chapter. Further, the chapter provides a detailed assessment of the supply chain, pricing, and strategies prevalent in the hydrofluoroether market.
Chapter 4 – Global Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
A detailed historical analysis of the hydrofluoroether market in addition to a forecast of the hydrofluoroether market performance on the basis of the different segments identified in the previous chapter has been provided in the chapter. Each segment has been analyzed on the basis of value, volume, Y-o-Y growth and region.
Chapter 5 – North America Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
The chapter provides a comprehensive analysis of the hydrofluoroether market prevalent in North America. A detailed historical assessment of the market in addition to a forecast of the hydrofluoroether market performance has been provided in the chapter. Additionally, a market attractiveness analysis on the basis of each segment has been provided.
Chapter 6 – Latin America Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
A detailed analysis of the hydrofluoroether market prevalent in Latin America has been provided in the chapter. The chapter provides a comprehensive historical assessment of the hydrofluoroether market in Latin America along with a forecast of its performance in the foreseeable future.
Chapter 7 – Europe Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
The chapter provides a comprehensive analysis of the hydrofluoroether market existent in Europe. A detailed historical assessment of the hydrofluoroether market in addition to a forecast of the market growth has been provided in the chapter.
Chapter 8 – Japan Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
The chapter identifies all the key trends influencing the hydrofluoroether market growth in Japan. A detailed historical analysis of the hydrofluoroether market performance along with a forecast of the market growth has been provided in the chapter.
Chapter 9 – APEJ Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
A comprehensive analysis of the hydrofluoroether market existent in the APEJ region has been provided in the chapter. The chapter analyzes the hydrofluoroether market on the basis of countries and other segments identified earlier in the report. A detailed market attractiveness analysis based on each segment and country has been provided in the chapter.
Chapter 10 – MEA Hydrofluoroether (HFE) Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
The chapter provides a detailed analysis of the hydrofluoroether market existent in MEA. A detailed historical assessment of the hydrofluoroether market in addition to an authentic and accurate forecast of the hydrofluoroether market performance has been provided in the chapter.
Chapter 11 – Competitive Landscape
The chapter provides detailed insights into the competitive landscape prevalent in the hydrofluoroether market. A comprehensive analysis of all the factors influencing the distribution of revenue between players operating in different tiers of the hydrofluoroether market has been provided.
Chapter 12 – Company Profiles
All the leading players operating in the hydrofluoroether market have been identified in the chapter. Detailed profiling of each of the identified player sheds light on their product portfolios, strategies, strengths, weaknesses, market presence, revenue share, global footprint, and notable business developments. The information presented in the chapter can be leveraged by stakeholders and business professionals in the hydrofluoroether market to streamline their strategies in order to gain maximum profitability. Additionally, the information provided in the chapter can help new and upcoming companies to gauge the level of competitiveness in the hydrofluoroether market and identify entry barriers into it.
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions
We are committed towards customer satisfaction and quality service.