Intracranial Aneurysm Market
Intracranial Aneurysm Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Forecast Analysis, By Type (Endovascular Coiling, Flow Diverters, Surgical Clipping), By End User (Hospitals, Clinics) & By Region - Global Market Insights 2022-2032
Analysis of Intracranial Aneurysm Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Intracranial Aneurysm Market Outlook (2022-2032)
The global intracranial aneurysm market is valued at US$ 1.3 billion in 2022, with demand for intracranial aneurysm treatment and solutions predicted to increase at a high CAGR of 10% and reach a market size of US$ 3.4 billion by 2032.
Intracranial aneurysm solutions are further classified into endovascular coiling, flow diverters, surgical clipping, and others. As per this analysis, the endovascular coiling procedure currently accounts for over 80% market share.
Healthy demand growth is expected for endovascular coiling. In this minimally-invasive procedure, a catheter is utilized to cure a brain aneurysm by keeping blood out of the arteries. Ease of access to vertebrobasilar systems, big patient pool, and quicker recovery time as compared to alternative operations all contribute to the demand growth for endovascular coiling intracranial aneurysm procedures.
Furthermore, increasing number of cases related to strokes occurring globally will lead to a significant likelihood of rupturing blood vessels, resulting in an intracranial aneurysm, which will also support intracranial aneurysm treatment market growth.
Demand for flow diverters is predicted to rise at an impressive CAGR of 12.6% during the forecast period. This high demand for flow diverters is being driven by an increase in product approvals as well as a rise in demand for minimally-invasive procedures.
- For instance, the smallest and softest embolic finishing coil, the Galaxy G3 micro coil, was introduced by Cerenovus (a division of Johnson & Johnson) in January 2018. Hemorrhagic stroke and cerebral aneurysms are both treated with it.
- Similar to this, the Tunbridge Flow diverter manufactured by MicroPort Scientific Corporation was given CFDA clearance in March 2018.
According to this global study on the market for intracranial aneurysms, increasing cases of intracranial aneurysms are caused by a bulge in an artery wall. A cerebral artery or vein wall weakness that results in a localised inflating of the blood vessel is referred to as an intracranial aneurysm, usually referred to as a brain aneurysm.
Computer tomography, cerebrospinal fluid testing, magnetic resonance imaging, and cerebral angiography are some of the diagnostic procedures used to detect intracranial aneurysms. The vessel expands in a 'blister-like' dilatation that can thin down and suddenly burst. A subarachnoid haemorrhage (SAH) is the medical term for the ensuing bleeding into the area around the brain. Such haemorrhage may result in a stroke, unconsciousness, or even death.
Signs and symptoms of a brain aneurysm are:
For ruptured aneurysm-
- Nausea and vomiting
- Blurred or double vision
- A drooping eyelid
- Loss of consciousness
- Sensitivity to light
- Stiff neck
For leaking aneurysm-
- Severe headache and loss of blood
For unruptured aneurysm-
- Pain above and behind one eye
- A change in vision or double vision
- A dilated pupil
- Numbness on one side of the face
The elderly population is at high risk of experiencing an intracranial aneurysm. Thus, the rise in senior patients is driving the sales of intracranial aneurysm treatment solutions. Demand for intracranial aneurysm treatment options is fuelled by the variety of methods used to treat brain aneurysms, including medicinal therapy, surgical clipping, endovascular treatments, or coiling without or with additional devices. Rising prevalence of neurological disorders is also expected to boost brain aneurysm market growth in the years ahead.
Intracranial Aneurysm Market Size (2022E)
US$ 1.3 Billion
Forecasted Market Value (2032F)
US$ 3.4 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2022-2032)
China Market Growth Rate (2022-2032)
Key Companies Profiled
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Why are Sales of Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment Solutions Surging?
“High Chances of Neurological Disorders in Patients Recovered from COVID-19”
- According to a study titled "COVID-19 and Hospital: A review" that was published in the Elsevier journal (International Hemorrhagic Hospital Association) in January 2021, up to 36% of hospitalised COVID-19 patients could experience neurological symptoms. There have also been several cases of ischemic and hemorrhagic infarction. Furthermore, these results imply that COVID-19 might increase sales in the neurology sector.
This is anticipated to generate profitable market growth potential in the coming years, offering attractive opportunities for major participants.
“Rising Cases of High Blood Pressure & Blood Vessel Trauma”
Another factor influencing the market for intracranial aneurysms is the rise in patients with high blood pressure and blood vessel trauma. Brain aneurysms and other illnesses are substantially more likely to be found in people with hypertension. Currently, high blood pressure and smoking put a sizable portion of the population at risk of developing brain aneurysms.
- For instance, 1.28 billion individuals globally suffer from hypertension, according to WHO data published in 2021.
“Rising Prevalence of Unruptured Brain Aneurysms in Senior People”
There is a high rise in the senior population globally.
- The prevalence of unruptured brain aneurysms in elderly people is rapidly rising, especially in those who are 70 years or older, according to NCBI research studies.
- According to the WHO report 2022, the number of older people and their percentage of the population is increasing in every nation across the globe.
- One in six individuals on the planet will be 60 or older by 2030. By this stage, there will be 1.4 billion people over the age of 60, up from 1 billion in 2020. The number of individuals over 60 in the world will double by 2050.
Therefore, it is projected that a sizable geriatric patient base will be one of the important success reasons for the development of the treatment of intracranial aneurysms throughout the projection period.
Which Factors are Negatively Influencing Demand for Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment?
“High Fees Associated with Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment”
The high expense of disease management and complications associated with intracranial aneurysm surgery, however, pose significant obstacles to the market's expansion. Additionally, the availability of alternative solutions and high treatment costs limit sales growth.
How is the Start-up Ecosystem Developing in the Intracranial Aneurysm Market?
“Governments Investing in Development of Healthcare Facilities Will Generate Opportunities for New Intracranial Aneurysm Solution Providers”
Demand for intracranial aneurysm treatments and solutions is growing as new diseases are discovered, and industries dedicated to their treatment and curing are skyrocketing. Start-up activities are developing as a result of increased respective government funding and commercial interest in specific healthcare support facilities as well as the expanding healthcare industry in almost every region across the globe.
Non-profit organizations are also contributing to the construction of health facilities.
- For instance, a non-profit organization “The Bee Foundation (TBF)” is concentrating on raising awareness and lowering the number of fatalities brought on by cerebral aneurysms through cutting-edge research.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Which Region Provides Lucrative Opportunities for Manufacturers of Intracranial Aneurysm Solutions?
“North America Handsomely Leads Intracranial Aneurysm Market Due to Rise in Brain Aneurysm Cases & Existence of Major Producers”
In 2022, North America accounts for over 25% share of the global intracranial aneurysm market.
The expansion of healthcare facilities, the presence of key players, and an increase in brain aneurysm cases are all factors contributing to the North American intracranial aneurysm market growth. The prevalence of cerebral aneurysms and hypertension also boosts demand for treatments for these conditions in North America.
The Asia Pacific intracranial aneurysm market is predicted to expand at a high CAGR between 2022 and 2032. This is due to several causes, including an ageing population, numerous lifestyle stressors, increase in the prevalence of hypertension, better diagnosis accuracy, and increased patient affordability for the treatment of the cerebral aneurysm. The Asia Pacific region has seen a large increase in cerebral aneurysm surgeries as a result of all the aforementioned variables.
Furthermore, the demand for intracranial aneurysm solutions is expected to be influenced by lucrative growth prospects in developing countries such as Japan, South Korea, India, and China.
For instance, rising medical tourism in India and China, where intracranial operations are comparatively inexpensive compared to other wealthy nations such as the U.S., is further anticipated to drive sales growth.
What is Supporting Sales of Intracranial Aneurysm Solutions in European Countries?
“Major Manufacturers Focused on Advancing Intracranial Aneurysm Solutions”
In recent years, intracranial aneurysms have become very common in European nations such as the U.K., and Germany, which has further increased demand for intracranial aneurysm solutions and treatment.
Furthermore, the rise in demand for intracranial aneurysm treatment can also be contributed to the presence of major players, product launches, and the supply of intracranial aneurysm solutions.
- Sequent Medical, Inc.'s Woven EndoBridge (WEB) Aneurysm Embolization System gained FDA approval in December 2018. The delivery wire, controller, and implant in this system are all intended to treat wide-neck intracranial aneurysms (IAs).
- Per-flow Medical's Cascade Agile received the CE mark approval in October 2019. When coil embolization is performed, this cascade agile improves control for the morphology of convoluted and distant vessels. During the coiling and repair of cerebral aneurysms, the device's distinctive net architecture permits continuous blood flow.
In European countries, this medicine is heavily promoted for the treatment of intracranial aneurysms and acute ischemic stroke. Such developments are fuelling sales of intracranial aneurysm solutions.
What is the Outlook for Intracranial Aneurysm Treatment in the United States?
“Rising Prevalence of Ruptured Brain Aneurysms”
- Approximately 30,000 Americans experience a ruptured brain aneurysm each year, according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Since cerebral aneurysms don't always result in symptoms, there is far less information available on how many people are living with them. There are no hard numbers, but a consensus of studies suggests that 3% to 5% of Americans may experience an aneurysm at some point in their lives.
Demand for intracranial aneurysm solutions is growing as a result of factors such as a rise in the ageing population with intracranial aneurysms, rising demand for minimally-invasive procedures, and a rise in the prevalence of hypertension and stroke. Furthermore, the existence of advanced healthcare infrastructure is boosting sales growth.
Which End User Accounts for High Demand for Intracranial Aneurysm Solutions?
“High Demand for Intracranial Aneurysm Solutions from Hospitals Due to Advanced Treatment Options”
During the projected period, it is anticipated that hospitals’ demand for intracranial aneurysm solutions would increase at a CAGR of about 9%. This is linked to the utilization of cutting-edge medical technologies in operating rooms and intensive care units, and the development of hospitals around the world.
In hospitals, technologically advanced equipment is widely used to deliver better care. These tools assist to produce better, quicker, and more accurate outcomes in addition to streamlining treatment methods.
Additionally, cerebral aneurysm surgeries are among the most important and difficult procedures, and they rely on the high-quality, long-lasting technologies available in hospitals. Furthermore, hospitals have facilities for post-operative physical therapies, making them better suited to address any post-operative difficulties.
Also, hospitals are frequently chosen by patients over emergency clinics because they offer better medical facilities and have access to cutting-edge technologies. Therefore, the sales growth is being greatly boosted by these reasons.
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Several major competitors in the intracranial aneurysm market concentrate on developing treatment services with cutting-edge technologies. The main rivals understand and concentrate on brand-new methods that target aneurysm-specific wall healing and blood reduction. Due to the rise in demand for intracranial aneurysm solutions, the industry is now more dynamic and diverse.
Key players in the intracranial aneurysm market are Integra LifeSciences Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Johnson & Johnson, Terumo Corporation, Raumedic AG, Stryker, Medtronic, and MicroPort Scientific Corporation.
- By providing specific tools to surgeons, MicroPort Scientific Corporation has created innovative therapies for neurovascular intervention that address potential problems associated with brain aneurysms. This increases the demand for treatments for intracranial aneurysms.
- The neuroform atlas stent system from Stryker has been introduced, and it is additionally utilized in conjunction with metal coils to pack aneurysms (weak blood vessel walls and scars) in the brain. It is predicted that this will benefit several surgeons all around the world.
Segmentation of Intracranial Aneurysm Industry Research
- Endovascular Coiling
- Flow Diverters
- Surgical Clipping
By End User:
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- FAQs -
Demand for intracranial aneurysm treatment and solutions is predicted to rise at a CAGR of 10% from 2022 to 2032.
Rising incidence of aneurysms & hypertension among adults and the elderly, as well as production of technologically advanced solutions by key players, are important drivers that are fueling intracranial aneurysm market growth.
North America is a profitable market for intracranial aneurysm treatment and solutions.
The market for intracranial aneurysm is projected to reach US$ 3.4 billion by 2032.
Currently, the global intracranial aneurysm market is valued at US$ 1.3 billion.