Disposable ophthalmic surgical products are used in eye surgeries. They include a wide variety of articles such as drapes, solutions and stains, instruments such as knives and others. The increasing number of screenings and ophthalmic surgeries is the prime factors expected to drive the growth of the disposable ophthalmic surgical products market. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, about 11 million Americans over age 12 need vision correction. The American Academy of Ophthalmology estimates that diseases such as cataract, and glaucoma affect more than 24.4 million and 2.7 million Americans age 40 and older, respectively. The situation has been compounded by the emergence of serious diseases such as age-related macular degeneration (AMD) with almost 2.1 million Americans age 50 suffering from it.
Disposable Ophthalmic Surgical Products Market: Drivers and Restraints
The growing prevalence of diabetes is another indirect clinical driver of the disposable ophthalmic surgical products market as it is accountable for a large number of retinopathies accounting for nearly 7.7 million cases. Almost 29 million Americans have diabetes affecting 12.3% of adults age 20 and older. The growing focus of governments towards elimination of cataract and the inclusion of cataract surgery in health plans in many developing nations is also expected to drive the demand for disposable ophthalmic surgical products.
The growing success rate of ophthalmic surgeries coupled with the developing healthcare infrastructure and favourable reimbursements are also expected to drive the growth of the disposable ophthalmic surgical products market. However, the high cost of surgery, risks such as infection and the traditional lack of focus on ophthalmic care are factors expected to hamper the growth of the market for disposable ophthalmic surgical products.
Disposable Ophthalmic Surgical Products Market: Segmentation
The global disposable ophthalmic surgical products market is segmented based on product type, distribution channel and region.
Based on product type, the global disposable ophthalmic surgical products market is segmented into the following:
- Solutions and Ocular Dyes
- Ocular Sealants
- Ocular Anaesthetics
- Drapes and Dressings
- Eye Shields
- Cautery Pencils, Knives and Blades
- Other Disposable Instruments
Based on distribution channel, the global disposable ophthalmic surgical products market is segmented into the following:
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Disposable Ophthalmic Surgical Products Market: Overview
The global disposable ophthalmic surgical products market is fragmented resulting in high pressure on pricing with numerous players dotting the scene. Vendors are engaged in development of disposable ophthalmic surgical products owing to attractive advantages such as safety owing to emergence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and threat of cross contamination, consistent quality, low tolerance demanded by cataract surgery, and the economics of single use which eliminates maintenance.
Disposable Ophthalmic Surgical Products Market: Regional Outlook
The global disposable ophthalmic surgical products market is classified into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated by the U.S. accounts for a large share of the global disposable ophthalmic surgical products market owing to the high awareness and large number of ophthalmic surgery procedures.
North America is followed by Europe which is expected to be led by Germany, France and the U.K. The large healthcare infrastructure of Europe representing approximately 10 % of GDP is a significant driver of the European disposable ophthalmic surgical products market.
The disposable ophthalmic surgical products market is expected to shift in favour of Asia Pacific and Middle East and Africa. The Middle East and Africa disposable ophthalmic surgical products market is expected to be dominated by the wealthy gulf economies of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar. However, the poor income of African economies coupled with poor social conditions are hampering the disposable ophthalmic surgical products market in Africa.
Disposable Ophthalmic Surgical Products Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key vendors operating in the global disposable ophthalmic surgical products market are Bausch + Lomb Incorporated, Alcon (Novartis International AG), DTR Medical Ltd, Sterimedix Ltd, Beaver-Visitec International, Surgitrac Instruments UK Limited, Blink Medical, katena products, Inc., Malosa Medical, and Medicel, among others.
The global Disposable ophthalmic surgical products report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The Disposable ophthalmic surgical products report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of LATAM)
- EU – (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), UK, BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.), Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (Greater China, India, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa , Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development