Dec 18, 2019
Growth in Robotics and Factory Automation Inadvertently Stimulating Sales of Piezoelectric Motors, Says Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
Piezoelectric motors are witnessing heightened demand, underpinned by their utilization in a wide array of applications such as photonics, manufacturing process control, medical devices and metrology. Rapidly evolving production processes like 3D printing and advanced robotics are driving the need for motion control systems and miniature devices, which in turn will boost the growth of the piezoelectric motors market in the coming years. On the back of these factors, the global piezoelectric motor market is projected to grow at a moderate rate of over 4% between 2019 and 2029, says Fact.MR.
Application areas such as robotics and factory automation in various industries have resulted in the growth of piezoelectric motors. The robotics and factory automation segment, combined, will witness an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 37 Mn between 2019 and 2029. Additionally, medical equipment and device manufacturers are rapidly moving towards the adoption of piezoelectric motors vis-a-vis electromagnetic motors. These include surgical devices, 3D scanners, MRI compatible robotics, ultrasonic emitters, drug delivery devices, laser beam steering, and devices used in dermatology, cosmetology, and ophthalmology.
Key Takeaways of the Global Piezoelectric Motor Market
- According to Fact.MR, linear piezoelectric motor market is growing at a significant rate and is projected to witness an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 108 million during the forecast period
- Piezoelectric motors are preferred over electromagnetic motors, as piezoelectric motors offer various advantages such as high operability in vacuum environments suitable for aerospace, semiconductor & electronics sector
- Piezoelectric motors have high power to volume ratio with nearly zero noise level and can achieve speeds up to 1 m/s with 50 nm (nanometers) of resolution, which makes them suitable for applications that requires higher operating force or torque in a small space
- Fact.MR says that North America is projected to be the most prominent market for piezoelectric motors and estimated to account for more than 25% of the global piezoelectric motor market throughout the forecast period on the back of growing demand for piezoelectric motors in the aerospace & defense, medical, and robotics sectors
- Optics and photonics segment is anticipated to gather momentum due to increase in the application of piezoelectric motors in cameras, telescope, and microscopes. The segment will witness an absolute dollar opportunity of US$ 38 Mn between 2019 and 2029
“Prominent players are implementing ingenious techniques to achieve increased power density, yet higher upfront costs still pose a challenge to market growth”, says the Fact.MR analyst.
Cost-effectiveness to be the Key Tenet of Stakeholders in the Piezoelectric Motor Market
Today, the piezoelectric motors have become a mainstream driving element in industrial and commercial applications. With continuous advancements in technology, the piezoelectric motor industry has bolstered new capabilities within the nano- and micro-positioning space. The leading players in the piezoelectric motor market are focusing on product innovation to meet the needs of various sectors such as medical, automotive, robotics and other sectors.
- For instance, in 2019, Physik Instrumente (PI) GmbH & Co. KG launched piezoelectric linear motor for robotic applications thus giving an impetus to its demand
- In 2019, Portecap launched rotary piezoelectric motor for the smart bone orthopedic application. Innovations have allowed these companies to expand their global reach in the piezoelectric motor market
Find More Valuable Insights on Piezoelectric Motor Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, provides an unbiased analysis of the global piezoelectric motor market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period, 2019-2029. The study divulges compelling insights on the piezoelectric motor market on the basis of product type (Standard LPM, Non-magnetic LPM, Vacuum LPM, Standard RPM, Non-magnetic RPM, and Vacuum RPM), where LPM and RPM stands for linear and rotary piezoelectric motors, end use industry (Micro Positioning Stages, Medical & Lab Automation Equipment, Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Robotics & Factory Automation, Optics & Photonics, and Instrumentation), operating force/ torque (0-20 N, 20-150 N, 150 - 225 N, Above 225 N, Below 10 mNm, 10 - 25 mNm, Above 225 mNm), across seven regions.
>>> To Get more insights on piezoelectric motor market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/2438/piezoelectric-motor-market
About the Industrial Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned industrial research team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed the industrial sector across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.