Sales of Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) to Soar, as it Witnesses Rock-steady Demand in Industrial Processes, Says Fact.MR
Published : 27 Jan 2020 Industry: Chemical & Materials
Polydimethylsiloxane market is growing at a steady CAGR of around 4.2% through 2029, propelled by large scale industrial activities and developments in the construction industry globally. Polydimethylsiloxane is largely consumed in industrial processes owing to its extensive and beneficial chemical and physical properties. Within industrial processing, polydimethylsiloxane has a broad range of applications such as oil and natural gas, hydraulic fluids and additives for polymers. It’s applicability as an anti-foaming agent paves the way for higher extraction rates and provides a road map for taking market growth to the next level. Demand for polydimethylsiloxane is also anticipated to witness a surge in diverse industries such as cosmetics & personal care, as well as the healthcare industry. The global sales of polydimethylsiloxane are estimated to surpass a valuation of ~US$ 6,500 Mn by 2029.
Key Takeaways of Polydimethylsiloxane Market Study
- Industrial Process is projected to represent around one-third of the overall incremental opportunity created over the forecast period
- Elastomers among other polydimethylsiloxane types are estimated to surpass US$ 3.7 Bn by 2029 end owing to high demand from various end-use industries, such as construction and industrial applications
- Emerging applications of PDMS such as personal care & cosmetics and healthcare are likely to expand value growth of global market by 1.5X by 2029 end
- Fact.MR reports that demand for industrial process and construction end use industry of polydimethylsiloxane collectively accounts for around two-third of the global consumption and is poised to create absolute $ opportunity of US$ 1.3 Bn by 2029
- Personal Care among other end-use industries is likely to witness a striking growth of ~4-5% throughout the assessment period (2019-2029)
- As compared to developed regions, the sales of polydimethylsiloxane are envisaged to be higher in countries of East Asia.
“With the growing demand for self-healing composite materials, polydimethylsiloxane manufacturers have expanded their production capacity and R&D facilities to meet the growing demand from end-use industries” says the Fact.MR analyst.
Facility Expansion to Provide New Value Pool to Prominent Players
Polydimethylsiloxane market is highly fragmented with numerous regional and local players. DowDupont Inc., Wacker Chemie AG, and Elkem ASA are the prominent players accounting for around two-third of global sales. Manufacturers engaged in production of polydimethylsiloxane are increasingly focusing on R&D to develop innovative and advanced products to maintain a strong position in the market. In addition, they are expanding their production capacity, collaborating with end-use industry giants and shifting towards high growth regions to meet the growing demands of polydimethylsiloxane globally. For instance, in 2018, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd expanded its production capacity of silicon based polymers at its Thailand plant.
Find More Valuable Insights on Polydimethylsiloxane Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, brings to fore an unbiased analysis of the global Polydimethylsiloxane market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period, 2019-2029. The study divulges compelling insights on the polydimethylsiloxane market on the basis of type (elastomers, fluids, resins, and gels & others), end-use (industrial process, construction, personal care, electronics, transport, health care, and others), and region (North America, Latin America, Europe, CIS/Russia, Japan, APEJ, and Middle East & Africa).
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations – the chemicals & materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from all over the globe with their unique business intelligence needs and requirements of entire value chain of chemicals & materials sector. A team of passionate analysts track the performance of the existing chemicals & materials as well as those that have just entered their product life cycle. With a repertoire of over 1,000 reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed the chemicals & materials lucidly in 50+ countries for over a decade. The chemicals & materials team at Fact.MR has been assisting clients in their business expansion as well as new venture, through their analysis and recommendations.