Mar 16, 2020
Demand for Smart PPE to Soar on Back of Smart Sensors and Nanotechnology, Opines Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
The global smart personal protective equipment (PPE) market was valued at US$ ~2.9 Bn in 2019 and is projected to grow at a value CAGR of more than 15% during the forecast period 2019-2029. The smart PPE manufacturers are focusing on integrating digital technologies into the personal protective devices by installing smart sensors, using nanotechnology and intelligent materials to enhance the safety function in order to ensure people’s protection and physical comfort. Owing to the emergence of innovative, high quality and cost-effective products, manufacturers are constantly focusing on research and development activities to develop new products that can be used in multiple end-use industries. On the back of these factors, manufacturers are adopting innovative strategies to increase their customer base which is driving the growth of smart PPE market. Owing to the multiple advantages of smart PPE devices, coupled with rapid digital advancements is foreseen to auger well over the forecast period, reveals Fact.MR.
Key Takeaways of Smart PPE Market
- The global smart protective equipment market is estimated to create an absolute $ opportunity of US$ ~8.9 Bn and is anticipated to expand 4X from 2019 through 2029
- North America will remain the most prominent region across the projection period, accounting for more than 35% share of the global market during the forecast period 2019-2029
- Multifunctional protective clothing is projected to exhibit market dominance with nearly 40% of the total market share
- Firefighting Industry is anticipated to create maximum demand for smart personal protective equipment as manufacturers are integrating ICT services with smart PPE to prevent accidents
“The global smart personal protective equipment market is primarily driven by government initiatives about safety at the workplace. With stiff competition, the leading players are paving the way for product innovation to retain their position in the market.” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Product Innovation to Remain Key Strategy in Smart PPE Market
The smart PPE market is moderately fragmented with several players occupying market share. Some of the prominent players in smart PPE market are 3M Co., Baker Hughes, a GE Co. LLC, Honeywell International Inc., MSA Safety, uvex Group, Vuzix Corp., Dragerwerk AG, DAQRI, Human Condition Safety, Intellinium, Seebo, among others. Smart PPE market is highly competitive and leading industry players are introducing new products to gain a competitive edge over other players in the market. For instance,
- In 2019, uvex launched its 2 trend safety shoe range which can be used in assembly hall and production line and is suitable for medium applications such as metal works, maintenance and logistics
- In 2018, 3M introduced Peltor X Series Ear Muffs. The product is designed to meet the needs of industrial applications by providing moderate to high level of attenuation
More Valuable Insights on the Aerial Work Platforms Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global smart PPE market, presenting historical demand data (2014-2018) and forecast statistics for the period of 2019-2029. The study divulges essential insights on the smart PPE market on the basis of product (protective footwear, multifunctional protective clothing, smart ear muffs, respiratory protection, others), and end-use industries (firefighting industry, mining fields, construction sites, oil and gas, manufacturing industry) across seven major regions.
>>> To Get more insights on smart PPE market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/4611/smart-ppe-market
About the Industrial Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned industrial team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed industrial goods industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.