Oct 30, 2020
Data Center Containment Solution Market to Prosper at 15% CAGR; Long-term Growth Expected Due to COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis
by Team Fact.MR
The global data center containment solution market is estimated to be valued around US$ 500 Mn in 2020, and is anticipated to surpass US$ 2 Bn by the end of the forecast period of 2020-2030. The COVID-19 pandemic will fuel demand for data center containment solutions in the future, owing to rise in Internet usage that has necessitated the need for more data centers. This has resulted in investments in data centers from large enterprises. This, in turn, is anticipated to create significant opportunities for players in the data center containment solution market space.
Moreover, rising demand for big data and analytics from sectors such as BFSI, telecom, IT, and healthcare, to name a few, is expected to boost sales of data center containment solutions. In addition, with growth in the e-Commerce industry, small and large retail companies are mobilizing their resources online to provide exceptional service to customers. This will need data centers with appreciable efficacy, in turn, contributing to the growth of the data center containment solution market over the next ten years.
Key Takeaways from Data Center Containment Solution Market Study
- Under the impact of COVID-19, the global data center containment solution market is expected to create an absolute $ opportunity of around US$ 1.5 Bn, and expected to expand at an impressive value CAGR of 15% during the forecast period of 2020-2030
- By containment type, aisle containment is foreseen to grow 4.6X than curtain containment in 2020. On the other hand, curtain containment will account for 13.5% of the overall absolute dollar opportunity created during the forecast period
- By arrangement, the hybrid (soft + rigid) segment is anticipated to grow, gaining 162 BPS over the course of the forecast duration.
- By data center type, large enterprises are projected to account for 61% of the total sales in 2020, anticipated to create an absolute $ opportunity of more than US$ 810 Mn during the forecast period.
- The data center containment solution market in South Asia & Oceania is expected to grow the fastest by experiencing a value CAGR of 17%, whereas North America is projected to be valued 4.6X times than that of South Asia & Oceania, and is estimated to account for a major chunk of the demand pie by the end of the forecast period.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has hit market players, and demand from SMEs in the short-term will be relatively low considering the cash crunch. However, the recent evolution of the e-Commerce industry and transition of data centers towards renewable sources of energy will assist the growth of the global data center containment solution market,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key Players Focusing on Acquisitions to Stimulate Growth
Prominent players in the data center containment solution market are Vertiv Group Corp., Eaton Corp PLC, nVent Electric PLC, Legrand SA, Subzero Engineering, The Siemon Company, Maysteel Industries, LLC, 42U (DirectNet), Crenlo LLC, Tate Access Floors, Inc., Sealco, LLC, and Polargy, Inc., among others. Companies are focusing on targeting potential acquisitions and mergers in order to drive innovations, enhancing investments in new business fields, and improving their competitive position in the market.
- In 2020, Eaton completed the acquisition of Power Distribution, Inc., which is a leading supplier of mission-critical power distribution, static switching, and power monitoring equipment and services for data centers and industrial and commercial customers. With this acquisition, it will enable the company to better serve its data center customers.
- In 2019, Vertiv completed the acquisition of U.K.-based Geist, which is a manufacturer of Rack Power Distribution Units (PDUs) and associated data center products. Through this acquisition, the company will diversify its portfolio to meet the needs of cloud and colocation providers for commercial and industrial customers.
Find More Valuable Insights on Data Center Containment Solution Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, brings to fore an unbiased analysis of the global data center containment solution market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. The study divulges compelling insights on the data center containment solution market based on containment type (aisle containment [hot aisle containment and cold aisle containment], rack-based chimney containment, curtain containment, and in-row cooling containment), arrangement (soft containment, rigid containment, hybrid [soft + rigid], and modular containment), data center type (SMEs and large enterprises), and data center size (mini [1-10], small [11-200], medium [201-800], large [801-3000], massive [3001-9000], and mega [>9000]), across six regions.
>>> To Get more insights on data center containment solution market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/3039/data-center-containment-solutions-market
About the ICT Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned ICT team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million plus data points, the team has analyzed ICT industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.