Mar 12, 2021
Rising Need for Solar Energy Boosting Demand for Landfill Gas: Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
Demand for alternative power sources has become more prominent since the past decade, raising the market value for landfill gas substantially. Growing adoption and comprehensive usage of renewable power sources such as solar energy will have significant contribution in raising the revenue of landfill gas suppliers.
The latest edition of the landfill gas market study by Fact.MR talks about new trends, growth & restraining factors, and impact of COVID-19, while emphasizing on potential regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. As per the report, the global landfill gas market is projected to ascend at over 5% CAGR through 2031.
Key Takeaways from Study
- Application in direct and upgraded usages to fuel sales
- Germany remains at the forefront of the world’s largest landfill gas industry - Europe
- The United States to lead North America for landfill gas demand
- China to dominate in the world’s fastest-growing landfill gas industry - Asia Pacific
- The United Kingdom, Canada, India, Japan, and a few other countries to remain lucrative markets
“With renewable power sources gaining traction, and the oil & gas sector getting back on track again after COVID-19, suppliers of landfill gas are expected to gain higher revenue over the coming years,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Highly Beneficial Properties of Landfill Gas Propelling Demand
As natural gas has gained traction over the past decade, landfill gas suppliers have come across higher demand from around the globe. Some of the driving factors bolstering the sales of landfill gas are-
- Modern landfill gas is eco-friendly
- Highly helpful in segregating hazardous waste
- Helps in keeping the environment clean
- Landfills support local business and jobs
According to a report titled “Landfill Methane Outreach Program”, published by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on 4th May 2020, there are several benefits of landfill gas energy projects, such as-
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Reduce air pollution by offsetting the use of non-renewable resources
- Create health and safety benefits
- Beneficial for the community and economy
- Reduce environmental compliance costs
These signify the high requirement for landfill gas, which is subject to spur the growth of players in this industry over the coming years.
Who is Winning in this Space?
The global landfill gas industry is highly progressive, and the competition in this field is getting even tougher with each passing year. In order to capitalize on the new opportunities, key players are focusing on launching better quality products more frequently.
- Waste Management, Inc. launched its New Redwood LFGTE Plant in order to covert trash to power, a couple of years back.
- SUEZ SA recently launched an additional 12 wells to extract landfill gas from the current cell being filled, while 35,700 sqm of high-density polyethylene has been ordered to cover the north side of the current cell.
More Valuable Insights
In its latest report, Fact.MR offers an unbiased analysis of the landfill gas market, providing historical data for the period of 2016-2020 and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. In order to understand the global market potential, its growth, and scope, the market is segmented on the basis of application (direct use, upgraded, and others) across seven major regions of the world (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, Oceania, and MEA).
About the Industrial Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Industrial team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the automotive industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Consultant - Industrial Goods and Automotive
E-mail: [email protected]