Apr 27, 2021
Demand for Unmanned Traffic Management Systems to Surge on Back Increasing Aerial Vehicles and UAVs, Evaluates Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
As of now, North America accounts for a majority of the market share for unmanned traffic management (UTM) systems, followed by Europe. This is due to high penetration of autonomous aerial vehicles, UAVs, conventional aircraft, and drones in the region. Key players are operating aggressively and deploying huge capital for the development of their infrastructure, which enables improved efficiency and flexibility. Improvements in technological architecture play a vital role in developing unmanned traffic management systems. Further, increase in demand for unmanned aerial vehicles and UAVs, which increases global air traffic, and multitude government and defence initiatives, will shape the market for UTM over the coming years.
As per a new report published by Fact.MR, the unmanned traffic management market is anticipated to surpass US$ 900 Mn valuation in 2021, and is poised to expand at a CAGR of around 18% over the next ten years.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The UTM market is anticipated to add 5X value by 2031.
- Controlled airspace captures a major chunk of more than three-fourth global market share, and is set to create an absolute $ opportunity of around US$ 3 Bn over 2021-2031.
- Among the end uses, drone operators is the fastest-growing segment, owing to rise in penetration UAVs across multiple industries over the past decade.
- North America is set to dominate market revenue in 2021, and is expected to gain more than 700 BPS points by 2031.
- The market in Germany, China, and the U.S. is expected to rise at around 20% CAGR each through 2031.
- Among the types, persistent UTM is expected to expand at a CAGR of around 14% during the forecast period.
- Among the systems, technical infrastructure systems are expected to dominate the market and gain 161 BPS points by the end of 2031.
“High R&D spending on infrastructure will aid market growth over the coming years,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Key players in the market has been spending on research & development to come up with improved technological architecture, which allows better efficiency and flexibility. These enhancements will drive the growth of the global UTM market in the medium- to long-term forecast period.
More Valuable Insights
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global unmanned traffic management market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of type (persistent UTM and non-persistent UTM), system (technical infrastructure systems and human interface components), airspace (controlled and uncontrolled), environment (urban, rural, ATM (airports), and others), and end users (drone operators, drone pilots, recreational users, airports, and emergency service public, and local authorities), across six major regions of the world (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Oceania, and the Middle East & Africa).
About the ICT Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Industrial team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analysed the automotive industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Shambhu Nath Jha
Sr. Consultant – ICT
E-mail: [email protected]