Bulk of Linear Motor Demand Influenced by Uptake across Electronics & Assembly Industry: Fact.MR
Published : 18 May 2021 Industry: Industrial Goods
Award-winning consulting firm Fact.MR’s research report on linear motors forecasts a positive growth trajectory, expecting the industry to surpass a value of US$ 2 billion by 2031, registering a CAGR of around 6% over the next ten years. Demand is especially being stimulated by swift uptake across the automotive sector, particularly from production giants such as China.
The market posted credible gains in the past, as new production technologies such as additive manufacturing and robotics made significant headway across prominent regions. Additionally, promises are abound in piezoelectric device manufacturing that use linear devices to achieve precision motion control down to nanometer precision.
A significant development has been the rapid uptake of ironless linear motors. These motors have low mass and can generate highly dynamic movement, making them more suitable for semiconductors, packaging, and other general automation applications. Moreover, there is zero attractive force between primary and secondary parts due to the absence of an iron core, which helps avoid cogging. For instance, Baumuller’s LSC ironless linear motors achieve maximum current and force rise. This makes them ideal for highly dynamic applications with maximum stiffness relative to disturbing forces. Due to their principle of operation, ironless linear motors do not apply any forces of attraction to the guidance system.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- By application, electronics & assembly to generate lucrative expansion opportunities through 2031
- Higher thrust efficiency to render cylindrical linear motor uptake on a higher scale
- By core, coreless linear motors to experience heightened demand amid increased operational efficiency
- Multi-axis linear motors expected to capture lucrative market share over coming years
- By distribution channel, direct OEMs and distributors to collectively generate considerable ground for linear motor sales
- Flourishing automotive and industrial manufacturing to open growth frontiers across China
- Japan to emerge as a potential cash cow amid extensive robotics deployment across key industries
“Key manufacturers are looking to tap into opportunities offered by lucrative markets across Asia Pacific, particularly East Asia, amid their high volume of industrial manufacturing output, generating lucrative growth prospects,”comments a Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent linear motor manufacturers are relying on a host of expansion strategies, ranging from offering new product lines to inorganic expansion strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships, so as to cement their market presence.
- In February 2021, ETEL S.A. introduced the DXRH Rotary Axis, featuring a 360’000 lines encoder. This is a 1 DOF mechanical bearing based rotary axis providing outstanding performance in terms of accuracy and precision. The module can be integrated to the CHARON2 and the VULCANO2 stacked platforms
- Likewise, HIWIN Corporation launched an interactive microsite titled linearstages.hiwin.us which would help choose amongst their most popular linear stages. Engineers can save time in design and installation by specifying linear stages, instead of all individual components to build the stage
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the linear motor market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of design (flatbed, u-channel and cylindrical), sales channel (direct OEMs, direct system integrators, and distributors), axis (single-axis and multi-axis), core (iron core and coreless), and application (electronics and assembly, food and beverages, medical and scientific, metrology, flat panel display, machine tools- metal forming & cutting, packaging and labeling, printing, robotics, non-industrial application, semiconductors, and others), across five major regions of the world (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America).
About the Industrial Goods Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Industrial Goods team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the industrial goods and automotive industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Consultant - Industrial Goods and Automotive