HEPA Purifiers to Account for Nearly 40% Air Purifier Sales through 2031: Fact.MR Report
Published : 15 Jun 2021 Industry: Industrial Goods
Award-winning consulting firm Fact.MR’s report on the global air purifier market forecasts a healthy outlook, expecting almost threefold growth to surpass US$ 20 billion by 2031. Anticipated CAGR for the market is a whopping 10%, majorly underpinned by increasing need for indoor and outdoor air purification mechanisms to improve air quality.
Consumers are increasingly leaning towards high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) purifiers, amid its ability to filter out 99.9% pathogens. Simultaneously, preference for activate carbon filter mounted and UV technology air purifiers is also experiencing a major incline. Drastically altering climatic conditions have resulted in heightened PM 2.5 levels and other pollutants, which has significantly deteriorated air quality, providing a significant nudge to the aforementioned air purifier categories.
Air purification with natural biotics is yet another significant development that is positively impacting air purifier demand, with initiatives such as the Clean Air Zone throughout the U.K. to promote enhanced air quality providing a firm foundational base. Players such as Brondell are gaining popularity for the Pro Sanitizing Air Purifier, which uses the shotgun approach, i.e. a combination of HEPA filter, a disinfecting UV lamp, a nano-crystalline filter, and a plasma generator.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- By technology, HEPA purifiers to account for over 2 out of 5 sales through 2031
- Activated carbon filter air purifier demand to registering a staggering 11% CAGR throughout the forecast period
- By end user, commercial establishments are likely to account for 70% air purifiers usage
- Rising cases of airborne diseases such as asthma to drive air purifier sales across the U.S.
- The U.K. to experience noteworthy expansion amid increasing casualties arising out of air pollution
- China to emerge as a significant growth hotspot amid rising home-grown initiatives to curb air pollution levels
“Key manufacturers are increasingly foraying into the sustainable air purifier segment, incorporating materials as bamboo to address the problem of obsolete filter disposal, opening up new growth streams,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Prominent air purifier manufacturers emphasize on launching new and technologically advanced product lines to increase their market presence. Furthermore, they also rely on collaborations with existing players and technology companies to expand their production capacities.
- In October 2020, Koninklijke Philips N.V. introduced the New Urban Living Series air purifiers designed for residential use in urban areas. The new series is equipped with the AeraSense and VitaShield Intelligent Purification System technology, capable of removing 99.97% indoor air pollutants up to 0.003 microns
- In January 2021, Panasonic Corporation launched a new range of air conditioners equipped with the NanoeTM Technology which releases hydroxyl radicals capable of inhibiting several bacteria and viruses, including the SARS-CoV2 to the tune of 99.99%
More Insights Available
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the air purifier market, presenting historical demand data (2016-2020) and forecast statistics for the period of 2021-2031. The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of mounting type (fixed and portable), product type (upper air, in-duct, and self-contained/standalone), technology (HEPA filtration, activated carbon filters, ionic filter, ultraviolet (UV) technology, and others), end user (residential, commercial, and industrial), and distribution channel (online and offline), across five major regions of the world (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America).
About the Industrial Goods Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Industrial Goods team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the industrial goods and automotive industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Consultant - Industrial Goods and Automotive