3D printing is an innovative technology used by various industries, but in healthcare industries, 3D printing plays an important role. 3D printing has given an all-new vision to healthcare industry with a great focus on future of healthcare industries, which can provide all new concept for organ development to bone structure formation which can heal the patient in a very effective way and give a better lifestyle. 3D printed in ophthalmic is also a revolutionary step to treat ophthalmic related problem based on individual patients. The current ophthalmic industries are facing many problems related to orbit and bone deformation which support ophthalmic organ. The 3D printed ophthalmic implants can be used for printing of 3D corneal implants, which can provide a better vision to the patient. 3D printing also provides customized orbital implants which is a biocompatible material and shows very less rejection rate after implant. 3D printed customized orbital implants provide all new concept for supporting the vision of the particular patient. The industry players which are working on the development for 3D printed ophthalmic implants are doing continuous research to introduce innovative biocompatible products.
3D printed ophthalmic implants Market: Drivers and Restraints
Increasing number of ophthalmic critical cases in various geographical region, directly boost the demand for 3D printed ophthalmic implant as the patient lost its orbital or did not have, along with 3D printing of corneal implants are the major support provided to ophthalmic patients. Industries players are investing huge revenue to come up with improve technology and materials which can be directly used for ophthalmic implant. In 2013in U.S. which was reported by doctor to FDA, the 3D ophthalmic implant industry players created an artificial airway to support a new born baby which are having birth defect in which the airway was collapse. The 3D printing ophthalmic implant is very importance for all the patient which are suffering from major or minor ophthalmic problem. The high cost and lack of product availability is the current hindrance for 3D printed ophthalmic implant.
3D printed ophthalmic implants Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global 3D printed ophthalmic implants market can be segmented on the basis of product type and end user geography.
Based on product type, the global 3D printed ophthalmic implants market is segmented as:
- Poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyetheretherketone (PEEK)
Based on end user, the global 3D printed ophthalmic implants market is segmented as:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Ophthalmology Clinics
3D printed ophthalmic implants Market: Overview
The global market for 3D printed ophthalmic implants is estimated to observe sensible growth over the forecast period. As the patient pool is increased and high demand for treatment for having a better lifestyle directly boosts the market for 3D printed ophthalmic implants. The industry players are working on technology development for improving materials quality and provide lighter materials which can be easily fixed inside ophthalmic surgery.
3D printed ophthalmic implants Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global 3D printed ophthalmic implants market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East & Africa (MEA). North America is expected to be the dominant market in the global 3D printed ophthalmic implants market the major number of patient which directly boos the market and improve healthcare system provide better surgery option to operate 3D printed ophthalmic implants. The 3D printed ophthalmic implants market of Asia Pacific excluding Japan is expected to grow as the healthcare system is improving and reach of industries players are increasing. Europe is expected to have the second large share in the global 3D printed ophthalmic implants market as the adoption rate is increasing for 3D printed ophthalmic implants. Middle East & Africa is also expected to show growth as the awareness is increasing among patient and healthcare professionals.
3D printed ophthalmic implants Market: Key Players
The global market for 3D printed ophthalmic implants is highly fragmented. Examples of some of the key players operating in the global 3D printed ophthalmic implants market are Renishaw plc, Luxexcel Group, Quingdao Unique, Proto Labs, Retina Implant AG, Imaginarium among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development