The growing demand for mobile communication and continuous improvement in the speed of the Internet is driving the global wireless communication equipment market. Wireless communication refers to the transfer of information between two or multiple points without any physical connection. The most commonly used wireless technology for communication is radio waves. Radio waves enable to communicate from short-range to long-range covering millions of kilometers via radio communication devices. Various wireless communication equipment is used, such as fixed or mobile devices and portable devices like cellular phones, two-way radio communication devices, personal digital assistances (PDAs), wireless networking, GPS, wireless computer, radio receivers, broadcast televisions, satellite televisions, and others.
Wireless communication can also be achieved using electromagnetic wireless technologies such as electric fields, magnetic, light, and others. However, radio waves are the most commonly used technology for communication. With the continuous developments in communication technology, wireless communication has become an integral part of day-to-day life. Most common wireless communication equipment used for communication are mobile phones, ZigBee, GPS units, WiFi, satellite televisions and wireless computer parts. Satellite communication is spread across the globe and virtually connect every corner of earth. It communicates directly with the orbiting satellite via radio signals. Wireless networking multiple systems and computers using Wi-Fi. New wireless technology, WiMAX is developed, which offers faster speed of communication. WiMAX is capable of delivering data with a speed more than 30 Megabits per second. The cost of data transfer depends on the distance of communication. WiFi is a low power wireless communication mode when compared to WiMAX. Bluetooth enables the wireless communication within a short distance and at low speed of transmission. ZigBee is another mode of wireless communication, which consumes low power, cost-efficient data transmission, control networks and wireless networks. Several developments in wireless communication equipment with reference to technology, the steady growth of the market, along with the recent developments & innovations are among factors expected to drive the global wireless communication equipment market during the forecast period.
Wireless Communication Equipment Market: Drivers and challenges
The continuous innovations and developments of low-cost wireless technology are fuelling the global wireless communication equipment market. The emergence of 4G/5G technologies enhancing high-speed wireless communications is expected to drive the global wireless communication equipment market. Moreover, the falling price of data transfer and wireless communication equipment are expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the global wireless communication equipment market. The growing concern for safety and security also has positive impact on global wireless communication equipment market.
The threat of data hacking is one of the major restraint for wireless communication and adversely affects global wireless communication equipment market. However, vendors are continuously focused on the improvement of secure data transfers and is expected to overcome this challenge in the wireless communication equipment market by the end of forecast period.
Wireless Communication Equipment Market: Segmentation
Segmentation of the wireless communication equipment market based on the type of communication:
The wireless communication equipment market is segmented based on the type of communication i.e. satellite communication, infrared communication, broadcast radio, microwave communication.
Segmentation of the wireless communication equipment market based on the type of technology:
The wireless communication equipment market is segmented based on the type of technology i.e. WiMAX, WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, Routers and others.
Segmentation of the wireless communication equipment based on the end-user:
The wireless communication equipment market is segmented based on the end-user i.e. commercial, industrial and residential.
Key Players in wireless communication equipment market
Some of the key players in the wireless communication equipment market are Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Nokia Networks, Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, Ericsson, ZTE Corporation, Ciena Corporation, Juniper Networks, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Sony Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and others.
Regional Overview wireless communication equipment market
The wireless communication equipment market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, CIS & Russia, Japan, APEJ, and Middle East & Africa. Presently, North America and Europe hold the largest market share in the wireless communication equipment market due to the presence of an advanced telecommunication infrastructure and high adoption of wireless communication equipment.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Wireless Communication Equipment Market Segments
- Wireless Communication Equipment Market Dynamics
- Wireless Communication Equipment Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Wireless Communication Equipment Market Size & Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Wireless Communication Equipment Value Chain
- Wireless Communication Equipment Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Wireless Communication Equipment Competition & Companies involved
- Wireless Communication Equipment Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Wireless Communication Equipment Market includes development in the following regions:
- North America Wireless Communication Equipment Market
- Latin America Wireless Communication Equipment Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Europe Wireless Communication Equipment Market
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia Wireless Communication Equipment Market
- Japan Wireless Communication Equipment Market
- APEJ Wireless Communication Equipment Market
- Greater China
- South Korea
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa Wireless Communication Equipment Market
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts & industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development