Canthaxanthin Market: An Overview
Canthaxanthin is a colour or dye similar to the pigment that makes carrots orange. It occurs naturally, but can also be sourced by synthetic processes in laboratories. Its key usage is to lower sensitivity to direct sunlight, which is also known as photosensitivity, in people who suffer from Erythropoietic Protoporphyria (EPP), a rare genetic disease. People suffering EPP are prone to skin reactions such as itch, rash and eczema caused due to sunlight. Canthaxanthin deposits under the skin create an artificial tan that carries antioxidant activity, thus offering protection to the skin against sun sensitivity. Moreover, canthaxanthin is used as an additive in food colouring and as an ingredient in animal feed to improve the colour of egg yolks, chicken skin and fresh water fish such as salmon & trout.
Increase in the incidence of skin colour disorders in the Asia Pacific region is expected to significantly boost the canthaxanthin market over the forecast period due to the presence of a large population coupled with growing economy & rapid industrialization, which boost the demand for the product.
Global Canthaxanthin Market: Dynamics
Increase in the demand for canthaxanthin from the healthcare segment owing to its exceptional medicinal property for the treatment of skin diseases, such as itching, rashes and other skin colour disorders, is expected to fuel the demand for canthaxanthin over the forecast period. Moreover, increase in customer awareness about the benefits of the intake of canthaxanthin, coupled with the growing adoption of this ingredient in dietary supplements, personal care, the pharmaceutical industry, and food & beverages, is boosting the canthaxanthin share. However, inappropriate dosage of canthaxanthin can lead to adverse effects on the skin & eyes, as well as result in vision loss. These factors are likely to hamper the demand for canthaxanthin.
Global Canthaxanthin Market: Segmentation
Globally, the canthaxanthin market has been segmented as:
On the basis of product form, the global canthaxanthin market is segmented as:
- Synthetic canthaxanthin
- Natural canthaxanthin
On the basis of applications, the global canthaxanthin market is segmented as:
- Food & Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Animal Feed
- Aqua farming
- Personal Care
On the basis of region, the global canthaxanthin market is segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- Nordic (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- APeJ (Asia Pacific excluding Japan)
- Greater China
- South Korea
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APeJ
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
North America is expected to be the dominant market for canthaxanthin owing to the extensive demand for dietary supplements, particularly from the ageing population, which is expected to largely fuel the growth of the market. However, Asia Pacific is expected to register the highest demand for canthaxanthin over the forecast period. Increasing demand for canthaxanthin from animal feed applications due to an increase in the penetration of aqua farming across emerging economies is expected to propel the market. Wide-ranging usage of canthaxanthin to improve bird health, to extend the shelf life of eggs and to strengthen the vitelline membrane of egg yolks is likely to improve the profitability of market players. Moreover, improving sales in countries such as China, Japan and other ASEAN countries due to an increase in the demand for quality poultry products such as eggs is also expected to boost the market during the forecast period. Overall, the global canthaxanthin market is expected to register significant growth over the forecast period.
Global Canthaxanthin market: Key players
Some of the key players operating in the global canthaxanthin market are:
- DSM Nutritional Products AG
- BASF SE
- Novus International, Inc.
- Novepha Company Limited
- Noshly Pty. Ltd.
- Zipont Chem Tech Co., Ltd
- Parchem Fine & Specialty Chemicals
- Guangzhou Wisdom Bio-Technology Co., Ltd.
- Zhejiang Medicine Co. Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development