The Liquid Crystal Display (LCD)-enabled electronic devices, such as television, mobile phones and others, is creating potential opportunities for the LCD panel market. In the past couple of years, LCD panels have gained popularity owing to their advanced properties that include less power consumption, compact size and low price. Moreover, over the past two decades, the LCD technology of has made impressive progress. The electronic displays available at present make use of a wide variety of active LCD panels. The LCD panel market is one of the significantly growing markets due to the increasing demand for LCD displays & low power consumption electronic goods, as well as increase in the demand for touch-enabled displays.
An LCD panel is designed to project on-screen information. At present, LCD panels are suited with high-mobility electronic equipment. LCDs with improved video quality are gaining momentum in all developed and developing economies. These factors are projected to propel the global LCD panel market.
LCD Panel Market: Drivers and Challenges
The major growth drivers of the LCD panel market include an increase in the demand for energy-efficient electronic products as well as for larger and 4K televisions. Furthermore, growth in the demand for energy-efficient electronic devices is surging the global LCD panel market. Demand for high-quality screens, coupled with improving standards of living and inflating disposable income, are among key factors boosting the LCD Panel market. In addition, increase in the adoption of consumer electronic devices is projected to drive the global LCD panel market.
However, one of the major challenges of the LCD panel market are the higher cost and thickness of the display of these devices as compared to other modules. The LCD panel market is expected to witness sluggish and unpredictable growth owing to a quantitative decline in the number of LCD displays. Moreover, financial uncertainty and macroeconomic situations around the world, such as fluctuating currency exchange rates and economic difficulties, are some of the major factors hindering the growth of the LCD panel market. However, increased competition from alternative technologies and LCD panel complex structure is likely to limit the growth of the LCD panel market.
LCD Panel market: Segmentation
Global LCD panel market can be segmented as:
Segmentation of the LCD Panel market on the basis of panel size:
- Large Size LCD Panel
- Small Size LCD Panel
- Medium Size LCD Panel
Due to an increase in the demand for large LCD displays, the large size LCD panel sub-segment is expected to register double-digit growth rate in the global market. In addition, due to an increase in the demand for portable electronic devices, the small size LCD panel sub-segment is projected to be the most attractive market sub-segment of the global LCD panel market.
Segmentation of the LCD Panel market on the basis of Application:
- Smart Phones & Tablets
- Desktops & Laptops
- Wearable Devices
- Other Applications
The smart phones and tablets sub-segment held the largest market share for the LDC panel market in 2017, and the wearable devices sub-segment is expected to grow with a high CAGR during the forecast period.
Some of the major players of the global LCD panel market include AU Optronics, Samsung Display, Innolux, LG Display, HannsTouch Solution, InfoVision Optoelectronics, Sharp, Panasonic, CPT Corporation and BOE Technology Group Co.
At present, North America holds the largest market share for the LCD panel market due an increase in the demand for consumer electronic devices. Due to the presence of key LCD panel manufacturers in China and Japan, Asia Pacific is expected to become the prominent region for the LCD panel market. In addition, the unorganized market of LCD panels in China, Japan and India is creating a competitive environment for global LCD panel manufacturers. Moreover, Europe is the fastest-growing market for LCD panels due to an increase in the adoption of consumer electronics devices. The demand for LCD panels has risen dramatically over the past 12 months globally. The usage of LCD displays in various industries in these regions is boosting the LCD panel market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- LCD Panel market Segments
- Market Dynamics of LCD Panel market
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Market Size & Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Value Chain of LCD Panel market
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for LCD Panel market includes development of LCD Panel in the following regions:
- North America LCD Panel Market
- Latin America LCD Panel Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Europe LCD Panel Market
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia LCD Panel Market
- Japan LCD Panel Market
- APEJ LCD Panel Market
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East and Africa LCD Panel Market
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation of LCD Panel market
- Recent industry trends and developments in LCD Panel market
- Competitive landscape of LCD Panel market
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development