Global Optocouplers Market: Introduction
An optocoupler is an electronic device used for the transmission of electric signals using light between two circuits. Optocouplers are passive optical components used to split or combine transmission data from optical fibers. The main purpose of optocouplers is to prevent the damaging of components on one side of the circuit caused by distorting transmission of high voltages or frequently changing voltages on the other side of the circuit. Optocouplers consist of a light sensitive receiver that is a single photo diode, photo-resistor, photo-SCR, photo-transistor, or a photo-TRIAC and a light emitter, the LED. The optocouplers, thus, contain a light source, such as an LED, which converts electrical signals into light. This light then travels through a closed optical channel and a photo sensor, which detects the incoming light and generates electric energy directly or modulates the electric current flowing from an external power supply. Optocouplers are basically used for AC and DC power control, signal isolation, PC communication, power supply regulation and microprocessor input/output switching. There are three major type of Optocouplers including Phototransistor Optocouplers, High Performance Optocouplers, and Phototriac Optocouplers
Global Optocouplers Market: Drivers and Challenges
The optocouplers form an integral part of the automation process and growth in automation in the manufacturing sector is one of the key factors expected to drive the growth of the optocouplers market during the forecast period. Moreover, in emerging countries, growth is being seen in industrial and automotive sectors, which is one more factor expected to drive the growth of the optocouplers market. Optocouplers are used in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs) and the rise in demand of such vehicles is another factor fueling the growth of the optocouplers market. The optocouplers are also used in motor derives and renewable energy systems as well as renewable energy sources, such as wind turbine inverters and solar inverters. Growing demand for these will boost the demand and growth of renewable energy across the globe and will also benefit for the growth of the optocouplers market.
Optocouplers components undergo wear and tear, which is anticipated to restrain the growth of the optocouplers market during the forecast period. Moreover, optocouplers provide low data rates and have high power consumption, which is another factor restricting the growth of the optocouplers market.
Global Optocouplers Market: Segmentation
The optocouplers market can be segmented on the basis of product type, pin type, end user and region.
Optocouplers market segmentation by product type:
- Phototransistor Optocouplers
- High Performance Optocouplers
- Phototriac Optocouplers
Optocouplers market segmentation by pin type:
- 4 Pin Optocouplers
- 5 Pin Optocouplers
- 6 Pin Optocouplers
- 7 Pin Optocouplers and above
Optocouplers market segmentation by end user:
- Consumer Electronics
Global Optocouplers Market: Competition Landscape
In April 2017, Maxwell Technologies, Inc., a developer and manufacturer of capacitive energy storage and power delivery solutions, completed acquisition of Nesscap Energy, Inc., a technology provider of cells & modules for industrial applications. With this acquisition, Maxwell Technologies, Inc. will be able to deliver more products and technologies to the global customer base.
Examples of some of the market participants across the value chain of the global optocouplers market are Broadcom Limited, Toshiba Corporation, ON Semiconductors, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Maxwell Technologies, Vishay Intertechnology and Isocom Limited.
Global Optocouplers Market: Regional Outlook
The optocouplers market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, CIS & Russia, Japan, APEJ, and Middle East & Africa.
North America accounts for the maximum market share and with growing use of internet for social media, video chatting, online gaming and online shopping, the communication industry will grow further in North America. Hence, North America will continue to dominate the optocouplers market during the forecast period.
The demand in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow significantly during the forecast period due to increasing demand for optocouplers for motor control, industrial robots and power supplies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Optocouplers Market Segments
- Optocouplers Market Dynamics
- Optocouplers Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Optocouplers Market Size & Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Optocouplers Value Chain
- Optocouplers Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Optocouplers Competition & Companies involved
- Optocouplers Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Optocouplers market includes development in the following regions,
- North America Optocouplers market
- Latin America Optocouplers market
- Rest of LatAm
- Europe Optocouplers market
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep., etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia Optocouplers market
- Japan Optocouplers market
- APEJ Optocouplers market
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa Optocouplers market
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts & industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development