Dot-matrix LED Displays Market: Introduction
Dot-matrix LED displays are used in electronic devices as a medium of interaction between the user and the system. Dot-matrix LED displays are devices used to provide information by displaying decimal numerals, animated text, images and alphabets. Dot-matrix LED displays use a Light-Emitting Diode (LED) that helps produce more brilliance and greater light intensity. Dot-matrix LED displays consist of microcontrollers and mechanical indicators or dot-matrix of lights, which are arranged in a rectangular configuration. In dot-matrix LED displays, the LEDs are placed at the columns and rows at the convergence of the matrix. In dot-matrix LED displays, LEDs are connected in the same row and in same column to display the information. The basic functionality of dot-matrix LED displays is to emit light when an electric current is passed through its semiconductor material. However, dot-matrix LED displays are likely to get damaged if a certain type of current or voltage passes through them.
Dot-matrix LED displays are also used in multiple applications, such as digital clocks, electronic meters, basic calculators, lift displays, TVs, tablets, railway departure indicators and several others. Dot-matrix LED displays are widely used for commercial purposes, and the most significant advantage of dot-matrix LED displays is their efficiency and low consumption of energy.
Dot-matrix LED Displays Market: Drivers and Challenges
One of the drivers for the dot-matrix LED displays market is the penetration of LED displays all over the world, which has led to an increase in the demand for dot-matrix LED displays for efficient displays. An increase in the demand for dot-matrix LED displays has been witnessed since the past decade as electronic devices require efficient lighting to provide information to the outside world. Another driver of the dot-matrix LED displays market is the easy availability of these displays due to the presence of several local players in each region, and the energy efficiency offered by LEDs being energy efficient that saves the cost of electricity consumption.
At present, several automotive companies are also providing dot-matrix LED displays in vehicles to display the speed, music track in infotainment systems and other readings. Dot-matrix LED displays are mostly used in bikes, cars, trucks and several other vehicles.
However, in certain developing regions, electronic devices and similar other displaying methods are not used by the people. This acts as a challenge for the dot-matrix LED displays market in these regions as dot-matrix LED displays will not be required in the absence of electronic items. Moreover, most of the dot-matrix LED displays are unable to provide good colour uniformity, which also acts as a challenge for the dot-matrix LED displays market.
Dot-matrix LED Displays Market: Segmentation
The dot-matrix LED displays market can be segmented on the basis of display sizes, pixels and region.
On the basis of display sizes, the dot-matrix LED displays market has been segmented into;
- (Two lined)
- (Four lined)
- (Eight lined)
On the basis of pixels, the dot-matrix LED displays market has been segmented into;
On the basis of application, the dot-matrix LED Displays market has been segmented into;
- Digital calculators
- Electronic meters
- Digital clocks
Dot-matrix LED Displays Market: Key Players
Some of the key players of dot-matrix LED displays market are 3Cinno Group Co., Ltd.; Compucare; Embedsol Technologies LLP; Broadcom Inc.; Forge Europa; Lumex Inc.; Visual Communications Company, Inc.; MULTICOMP; Seegate Corporation and Oasistek.
Dot-matrix LED Displays Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, the dot-matrix LED displays market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, CIS & Russia, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa. Among various regions, Greater China and India are seen to be the largest dot-matrix LED displays markets, and MEA is seen to be an emerging dot-matrix LED displays market due to the increasing penetration of LED displays in automotive, transportation and semiconductor industries. The production and usage of dot-matrix LED displays in Greater China is the highest, and urbanization of infrastructure is expected to propel the demand for lighting products in Greater China. The dot-matrix LED displays market in the MEA region is gaining traction due to market growth in Qatar and UAE. In terms of value, the North America region is seen to be leading, followed by China and Asia Pacific excluding Japan, with a significant share of the dot-matrix LED displays market.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Market Size & Forecast, 2018 To 2028
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Market Value Chain
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Dot-matrix LED Displays Market includes
- North America Dot-matrix LED Displays
- Latin America Dot-matrix LED Displays
- Rest of Latin America
- Europe Dot-matrix LED Displays
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia Dot-matrix LED Displays
- Japan Dot-matrix LED Displays
- APEJ Dot-matrix LED Displays
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East & Africa Dot-matrix LED Displays
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative, and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development