Fibre Optic Attenuator Market: Market Overview
Fibre optic attenuators are electronic devices that primarily lower and reduce the amplitude of an electronic signal. They are majorly used in fibre optic communication. Fibre optic attenuators are designed for use with various kinds of fibre optic connectors. In addition, fibre optic attenuators use optic filter technology to decrease optical power. Fibre optic attenuators are an important part of the optical communication link. They allow the adjustment of signal transmission into the dynamic range of the receiver.
The fibre optic attenuator market is growing rapidly due to technological advancements in the telecom industry. In the recent years, the telecom industry has witnessed several advancements, such as the development of 5G networks, which are supporting the global growth of the fibre optic attenuators market. Moreover, the increasing usage of IT infrastructure in different industry verticals is expected to propel the fabric optic attenuators market. In addition, the expectations of customers regarding next-generation communication and broadband solutions, which include higher speed & shorter latency, are some of the key factors driving the global fabric optic attenuators market. Furthermore, the fibre optic attenuators market is one of the most rapidly growing markets owing to an increase in the demand for these devices in various industry verticals. In addition, the worldwide adoption of automation is expected to drive the demand for fibre optic attenuators across the globe.
In the recent past, it has been observed that the fibre optic attenuators market has undergone rapid technological advancements that include compatibility with analogue CATV systems and the adoption of DWDM technology. These advancements in fibre optic attenuators are projected to propel the market. Furthermore, optical add-drop multiplexer technologies are gaining traction in enterprises, data centres and networking services providers. These factors are projected to create potential opportunities for the manufacturers of fibre optic attenuators.
Fibre Optic Attenuator Market: Drivers and Challenges
The global fibre optic attenuator market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast period. Some of the major growth drivers of the fibre optic attenuator market include increasing demand for networking instruments as well as high-speed broadband connectivity. Furthermore, advancements in cable TV services and data LAN/WAN networking are expected to boost the demand for fibre optic attenuators. In addition, the usage of fibre optic attenuators in various industry verticals is another key factor driving the fibre optic attenuator market. In addition, advancements in telecommunication industry across the globe, the demand for optical power controlling instruments and the deployment of optical fibre networks are among factors responsible for the quantitative growth of the fibre optic attenuator market.
However, factors such as high capital investment and the need to develop new fabrication technologies are likely to hamper the growth of the fibre optic attenuator market. Moreover, worldwide financial uncertainty and macroeconomic situations such as currency exchange rates & economic difficulties are also some of the major factors hindering the growth of the fibre optic attenuator market.
Fibre Optic Attenuator market: Segmentation
Global fibre optic attenuator market can be segmented as:
Segmentation of the Fibre Optic Attenuator Market on the basis of Type:
- Fixed Fibre Optic Attenuator
- Bulkhead/Plug/Panel Mount
- In-Line Jumper
- Variable Fibre Optic Attenuator
- Manually VOA
- Electronically VOA (EVOA)
In 2017, the variable fibre optic attenuator sub-segment held the maximum market share of the fibre optic attenuator market due to advancements in optical networking technologies. The fixed fibre optic attenuator segment is projected to register a high growth rate in the global fibre optic attenuator market during the forecast period.
Segmentation of the Fibre Optic Attenuator Market on the basis of Application:
- Private Data LAN/WAN
- Cable TV
Due to rapid technological advancements, the telecommunication sub-segment is expected to register more than 8.0% CAGR during the forecast period. This sub-segment is expected to hold the maximum share of the global fibre optic attenuator market in 2018.
Some of the major players in global fibre optic attenuator market KINSOM Technology Limited; Thorlabs, Inc.; 3M; FLEXOPTIX GmbH; Molex Incorporated; Amphenol Corporation; Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd.; DiCon Fiberoptics and Alcoa Fujikura, Ltd.
North America holds the largest market share of the fibre optic attenuator market due to technological advancements in optical fibres and an increase in the need as well as the demand for networking instruments from the telecom industry. Due to the rising demand for high-performance data networking instruments in Asian countries, such as India and China, Asia Pacific is likely to hold a maximum market share of the fibre optic attenuator market in the near future. Europe is the fastest-growing market for fibre optic attenuators due to an increase in the adoption of advanced fibre optic attenuators in various industry verticals. Sturdy economic progress is driving the fibre optic attenuator market in the MEA region. The global demand for fibre optic attenuators has risen dramatically over the past 18 months.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Fibre Optic Attenuator market Segments
- Market Dynamics of Fibre Optic Attenuator market
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2017
- Market Size & Forecast 2018 to 2028
- Value Chain of Fibre Optic Attenuator market
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Fibre Optic Attenuator market includes development of Fibre Optic Attenuator in the following regions:
- North America Fibre Optic Attenuator Market
- Latin America Fibre Optic Attenuator Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Europe Fibre Optic Attenuator Market
- EU – 4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain)
- BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg)
- NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.)
- Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia Fibre Optic Attenuator Market
- Japan Fibre Optic Attenuator Market
- APEJ Fibre Optic Attenuator Market
- Greater China
- ASEAN Countries
- Rest of APEJ
- Middle East and Africa Fibre Optic Attenuator Market
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation of Fibre Optic Attenuator market
- Recent industry trends and developments in Fibre Optic Attenuator market
- Competitive landscape of Fibre Optic Attenuator market
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development