The charcoal used in the households for the barbeque is known as BBQ charcoal. BBQ charcoal is nothing but the carbon and ash residues that are left after the complete removal of water and other volatile constituents from the source material. This is produced by the heating of the source material without oxygen. The demand for the BBQ charcoal is mostly in the restaurants and household for the BBQ of food products. But the ignition of the BBQ charcoal is a little difficult. So, many companies have started manufacturing quick ignite BBQ charcoal by coating the surface of the BBQ charcoal with quickly igniting materials which are also safe.
The BBQ charcoal is available in two forms – briquettes and lump wood. This is obtained by many varied sources such as agricultural waste, coconut shells, nutshells, hardwood, bamboo. The BBQ charcoal produced from wood is reducing due to the effect it causes on the forests and there is more usage of the waste materials.
The ban in Europe resulting in upraise of the BBQ charcoal manufacturers:
The market for global BBQ charcoal has been increased and is known to increase more. This is due to the ban on the logging of the woodlands in Europe where the market size for the BBQ charcoal is very high. The ban was due to the quick depletion of last primeval woodland in Poland. The new companies in Europe are arising that are now using waste products as their source for BBQ charcoal. The demands for the BBQ charcoal in restaurants and households has increased causing an increase in the manufacturers. The major manufacturers of the BBQ charcoal are spread all around the world except for Europe.
The global BBQ charcoal market is segmented on the basis of Form, Source, End User and Distribution Channel.
On the basis of form, the global BBQ charcoal market has been segmented as –
- Lump wood
On the basis of source, the global BBQ charcoal market has been segmented as –
- Agricultural waste
- Coconut shells
On the basis of end user, the global BBQ charcoal market has been segmented as –
On the basis of distribution channel, the global BBQ charcoal market has been segmented as –
- Specialty stores
- Online retailers
Some of the leading players in the global BBQ charcoal market are Matsuri International Co. Ltd., Duraflame Inc., W W Wood Inc., Dancoal sp. z o.o., Pyrocal Pty Ltd., Nagahawatta Export & Import, Direct Charcoal Ltd., Braai & BBQ International (Pty) Ltd., CV Elvatara Indojaya, PT Dharma Hutani Makmur, Haosen Charcoal Industry Technology Co., Ltd.
These manufacturers are situated all around the world and manufacture BBQ charcoal in briquettes and lump wood form from different sources.
- Triquettes, a patented BBQ charcoal from the company, Braai & BBQ international (Pty) Ltd. is triangular in shape. This BBQ charcoal is proven to distribute the heat evenly due to which the food will not get burnt and cook nicely due to even distribution of heat.
The BBQ charcoal is highly in demand even though there are gas grills. This is due to the smoky flavor offered by the BBQ charcoal. So, many manufacturers are manufacturing BBQ charcoals that produce less smoke and hence being environment-friendly. These BBQ charcoals are in high demand in the market as the consumers to look at the environment quotient due to the use of these BBQ charcoals in the open. They are also advantageous because then there will be less lung-related problems due to excessive usage of BBQ charcoals in closed spaces too.
The products used for manufacturing BBQ charcoal can be wood or vegetation and animal waste. But the usage of vegetation and animal waste is more economical due to the depleting resources. The production of BBQ charcoal with vegetation and animal waste as the source is also cost effective for the manufacturer. Also, different types of sources can be used to create different smoky flavors and this can be introduced into the market.
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Fact.MR
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development