- Global breast shell market registered a value CAGR of over 5% during the period 2013 to 2018. Increasing awareness of benefits associated with breastfeeding accessories among consumers has underpinned growth of the breast shell industry.
- Worldwide sales of breast shells were upward of US$ 130 Mn in 2018, and are estimated to record a Y-o-Y growth of over 6% in 2019.
- North America continues to be the leading market for breast shell, attributed to the growing consumer inclination towards technology-driven solutions for breast milk collection or breastfeeding.
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to be the high-growth market for breast shell, on the back of rapid rise in number of working mothers in the emerging economies.
For more valuable insights into the breast shell market, request a sample of the report
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Breast Shell Market?
- Growing focus on innovative product developments associated with breastfeeding, for women who have a hard, low milk supply and those suffering from cracked or sore nipples, has been influencing the demand for breast shell.
- Increasing number of working women across the globe has been directly impacting the sales of breast shells. Working mothers are relying on technologically-advanced solutions for breastfeeding, on the account of busier lifestyles and haste to rejoin work post maternity, which in turn will continue to bode well for growth of the breast shell market.
- Adoption of breast shells also remains significant among women who have experienced engorgement outside of the immediate postpartum period, which can lead to mastitis, plugged ducts, and even abscesses. Additionally, demand for breast shells among women with engorgement is also sustained by their benefits such as prevention of pain and irritation.
- Apart from facilitating breast milk collection, key benefits linked with breast shells, including the protection of sore and cracked nipples from friction against breastfeeding clothes, continue to advocate their use among consumers.
- Several awareness campaigns conducted by international agencies, regarding benefits of human milk and breastfeeding, is another significant influential aspect favoring growth of the breast shell market.
- Opportunities are imminent in the breast shell market, as key manufactures shift their focus towards offering innovative products, with added benefits such as superior comfort, natural appearance under clothes, and easy to clean.
To get detailed information on key growth drivers of breast shell market, request a sample of the report
What are Key Challenges Faced by Breast Shell Market Players?
- Growing popularity and acceptance of breast milk alternatives, such as infant formulas, along with appealing marketing campaigns carried out by manufactures of these products, may pose as a potential threat to expansion of the breast shell market. However, adoption and implementation of policies such as International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes, to protect and promote breastfeeding, will continue to favor sales of breast shell as a consequence.
- Consumers, particularly in the developing and low-income countries, lack knowledge regarding breastfeeding products and accessories. This, coupled with several aspects of social stigma and cultural perception towards breastfeeding, may impede growth of the breast shell market.
Breast Shell Market – Competitive Landscape
- In April 2019, Medela LLC, a key player in the breast shell market, announced that it has entered into a partnership with Mamava, the inventors of the first lactation pod, to support employers to provide the infrastructure, product, and services for breastfeeding working women.
- In May 2018, Ameda revealed the expansion of its premium products line including Ameda MoistureGuard™ Premium Nursing Pads, Ameda PumpEase® Hands-Free Pumping Bra, and Ameda Triple Zero Lanolin™ to support breastfeeding and breast pumping needs for mothers.
Founded in 1957, Pigeon Corporation, formerly known as Pigeon Honyuki Honpo Corporation, is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company specializes in manufacturing, sales, imports, and exports of baby and child-care products, women’s care products, maternity items, elder care products, and home healthcare products.
Established in 1891, Philips is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and operates as a health technology company worldwide. The company operates through three main segments including Diagnosis & Treatment, Connected Care & Health Informatics, and Personal Health, and offers a range of mother, child-care, and oral healthcare products.
Founded in 1970, Pharmics, Inc. is headquartered in Utah, the USA, and provides quality pharmaceutical nutritional products to Pediatric, Obstetric, and Bariatric markets. The company believes in providing products that are better tolerated for better results.
Medline Industries, Inc.
Founded in 1966, Medline Industries, Inc. is based in Illinois, the USA with manufacturing units in North America. The company manufactures and distributes health supplies, and offers pharmaceuticals and nutrition, nursing and patient care, infection prevention, and incontinence care products.
Established in 1946, Artsana Group is headquartered in Grandate, Italy with production facilities in Europe. The company manufactures and distributes baby care, health care, and medical products along with cosmetic and hygiene products.
For more insights into competitive landscape of the breast shell market, get a sample of the report
Silicone Breast Shells Remain Top-Selling Category
Consumers have been showing a marked preference for silicone breast shells, in light of their greater comfort and easy adaptation to distinct breast contours. The study finds that silicone breast shells accounted for over 7 in 10 sales in 2018, and will continue to remain the top-selling category. Additionally, presence of pores small enough to aid ventilation while refraining leakage is another key attribute of silicone breast shells that have been driving their preference among consumers. According to the study, pharmacy/drug stores continue to account for relatively larger sales of breast shell, with nearly 50% share in 2018. Gains also remain significant from modern trade and online channels, which collectively account for over 40% market share.
The Fact.MR report on breast shell market offers all-inclusive insights and industry-best intelligence of the global market. A unique methodology and holistic approach are adapted to carry out an elaborate analysis on growth of breast shell market for the period between 2019 and 2027.
To obtain comprehensive information regarding historical and current growth parameters of the breast shell market, an extensive secondary research followed by primary research has been conducted.
Request Research Methodology of this Report.
The report offers a 8-year forecast (2019–2027) of the global breast shell market. The research study depicts the key insights on market dynamics and trends, which are likely to impact the current and future status of the global breast shell market throughout the forecast period.
The primary objective of this report is to offer an updated analysis on the technology advancements and innovations in the breast shell market. This enhanced study on breast shell market manifests an impact analysis of numerous forecast factors which are likely to influence the market growth over the forecast period 2019-2027. This newly published report showcases the trends which are expected to create significant avenues for the dominating companies, as well as the domestic players which are associated with the production of breastfeeding accessories such as breast shell.
This report is a comprehensive take on the efficiency and performance of the breast shell market. It also presents a detailed look on the different challenges which hinders the growth of revenues in the breast shell market; remunerative opportunities available to the manufacturers of breast shell. A deep-dive assessment on some of the breast shell manufacturers is also offered in the report which enables the readers of the report to view the detailed insights which are obtained from the supply chain analysis and business performance across the regional markets. A list of significant companies operating in the breast shell market is also provided in the report, which in turn increases the credibility of the report.
Report Summary and Scope
The research study presents a detailed intelligence on various factors which influence the demand, sales and revenues created in the breast shell market worldwide. The opportunity analysis is also included in the report which provides the readers a benefit of understanding the opportunities in the breast shell demand sector in a depth manner, which in turn, triggers the adoption of breast shell as a breastfeeding accessory. The cost structure analysis in the report is an elaborated one and ensures completeness. The pricing analysis is offered after deeply observing all the regional markets.
The report on global breast shell market starts with an executive summary for various categories and their share in the global breast shell market with the market overview, definition, market segmentation, opportunity assessment and megatrends prevailing in the overall market. The next section includes market dynamics along with Fact.MR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends which affects the growth of the breast shell market. Furthermore, market white spaces analysis and wheel of fortune opportunity analysis has been provided, to understand the popularity of the market segment and to show the market attractiveness analysis based on the CAGR value. The study reveals market dynamics in six geographic segments along with market analysis for the current market environment and future scenario over the forecast period.
Key Segments Covered in Breast Shell Market Report
The report includes company profiles of key manufacturers of breast shell Market and the revenue generated from the companies across North America, Latin America, Europe, Japan, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), the Middle East and Africa.
The global market for breast shell is segmented as per material type, sales channel and region. On the basis of material type, the global market for breast shell is segmented into silicon and polypropylene breast shell. By sales channels, the global market for breast shell is segmented into online channels, pharmacy/drug stores, modern trade and other sales channels.
In-depth analysis has been provided for each segment, regarding the market size analysis for breast shell market. All the segments evaluate the market by various factors which directly or indirectly affects the market and covers the present scenario and potential future prospects.
Breast Shell Market: Analysis on Market Size Evaluation
Current and future prospects of the breast shell market containing current as well as future projected values and analysis on region-wise demand trends have been incorporated in the report. A depth assessment is offered on the factors above mentioned, in a comprehensive manner and dedicated weighted chapters on the same have been added to the report.
Market valuation at global and regional scale for the breast shell is offered in terms of “US$ Mn.” A “Y-o-Y growth” comparison on key breast shell market segments, along with the market attractiveness assessment, quantifies the insights delivered in the report. Aforementioned metrics are also tracked based on the material type and sales channels where the breast shell witnesses constant demand. The attractiveness index and BPS analysis with elaborated insights on the same are provided, which will show the market’s attractiveness based on factors, such as CAGR and incremental opportunity. To illustrate the performance of the breast shell in each country and region, BPS and Y-o-Y growth analysis are also provided in this comprehensive report on global breast shell market.
1. Global Breast Shell Market - Executive Summary
1.1. Summary of Key Findings
1.2. Summary of Statistics
1.3. Demand and Supply Side Trends
1.4. Fact.MR View Point
2. Global Breast Shell Market Overview
2.1. Global Breast Shell Market Definition
2.2. Research Scope
2.3. Global Breast Shell Market Size (US$ Mn) & Volume (‘000 Units) and Forecast, 2013-2027
2.3.1. Global Breast Shell Market Y-o-Y Growth
3. Key Indicators Assessment
3.1. Breastfeeding Accessories Market and Sales Benchmark
3.1.1. By Product Type
184.108.40.206. Breast Milk Bottles
220.127.116.11. Breast Milk Storage Bags
18.104.22.168. Sore Nipple Cream
22.214.171.124. Nursing Pads
126.96.36.199. Cleaning Products
188.8.131.52. Nipple Shields
184.108.40.206. Breast Shells
3.1.2. By Region
220.127.116.11. North America
18.104.22.168. Latin America
22.214.171.124. Asia Pacific
3.1.3. Key Industry Trends and Opportunities
3.2. Estimated Number of births till 2028
3.3. Population growth outlook
3.4. Fertility rate, (births per woman), 2018
3.5. Breast Engorgement Causes, Treatments, and Complications
3.6. Healthcare expenditure outlook
3.6.1. By region
3.6.2. By key countries
3.7. % Penetration of women with inverted/ flat nipples
3.7.1. Breast shell preference amongst end users
3.8. Breast Shell Market Analysis – Forecast Scenario
3.8.1. Breast Shell Market Analysis – Forecast Factors
3.8.2. Key Takeaways
3.9. Market Dynamics
3.9.1. Key Drivers and Trends
3.9.2. Market Challenges
3.10. Supply Chain
3.10.1. List of Raw Material Suppliers
3.10.2. List of Producers
3.10.3. List of Distributors/Suppliers
3.10.4. List of End Users
3.11. Porter’s Five Factors Analysis
3.12. Macro-Economic Factors
3.12.1. Global GDP Growth Outlook
3.12.2. Disposable Income GVA and Growth
3.12.3. Per capita expenditure outlook
3.12.4. Top Companies Historical Growth
3.12.5. Crude Birth Rate
4. Breast Shell Market - Pricing Analysis
4.1. Global Price Point Index Analysis
4.2. Global Pricing Analysis by Regions
4.3. Global Pricing Analysis by Functionality
5. Global Breast Shell Market Analysis and Forecast 2013-2027
5.1. Global Breast Shell Market Size and Forecast By Material Type 2013-2027
5.1.1. Silicone Market Size and Forecast, 2013-2027
126.96.36.199. Revenue (US$ Mn) & Volume (‘000 Units) Comparison, By Region
188.8.131.52. Market Share Comparison, By Region
184.108.40.206. Y-o-Y growth Comparison, By Region
5.1.2. Polypropylene Market Size and Forecast, 2013-2027
220.127.116.11. Revenue (US$ Mn) & Volume (‘000 Units) Comparison, By Region
18.104.22.168. Market Share Comparison, By Region
22.214.171.124. Y-o-Y growth Comparison, By Region
5.2. Global Breast Shell Market Size and Forecast By Sales Channel, 2013-2027
5.2.1. Online Channels Market Size and Forecast, 2013-2027
126.96.36.199. Revenue (US$ Mn) & Volume (‘000 Units) Comparison, By Region
188.8.131.52. Market Share Comparison, By Region
184.108.40.206. Y-o-Y growth Comparison, By Region
5.2.2. Pharmacy/Drug Stores Market Size and Forecast, 2013-2027
220.127.116.11. Revenue (US$ Mn) & Volume (‘000 Units) Comparison, By Region
18.104.22.168. Market Share Comparison, By Region
22.214.171.124. Y-o-Y growth Comparison, By Region
5.2.3. Modern Trade Market Size and Forecast, 2013-2027
126.96.36.199. Revenue (US$ Mn) & Volume (‘000 Units) Comparison, By Region
188.8.131.52. Market Share Comparison, By Region
184.108.40.206. Y-o-Y growth Comparison, By Region
5.2.4. Other Sales Channels Market Size and Forecast, 2013-2027
220.127.116.11. Revenue (US$ Mn) & Volume (‘000 Units) Comparison, By Region
18.104.22.168. Market Share Comparison, By Region
22.214.171.124. Y-o-Y growth Comparison, By Region
6. North America Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027
6.2. North America Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027 by Country
6.3. North America Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Material Type
6.4. North America Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Sales Channel
7. Latin America Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027
7.2. Latin America Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027 by Country
7.2.4. Rest of Latin America
7.3. Latin America Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Material Type
7.4. Latin America Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Sales Channel
8. Europe Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027
8.2. Europe Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027 by Country
8.2.1. EU-5 (UK, Germany, France, Spain, and Italy)
8.2.4. Eastern Europe
8.2.5. Rest of Europe
8.3. Europe Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Material Type
8.4. Europe Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Sales Channel
9. Japan Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027
9.2. Japan Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units)
9.3. Japan Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Material Type
9.4. Japan Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Sales Channel
10. APEJ Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027
10.2. APEJ Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027 by Country
10.2.1. Greater China
10.2.3. South Korea
10.2.4. ASEAN Countries
10.2.5. Australia & New Zealand
10.2.6. Rest of APEJ
10.3. APEJ Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Material Type
10.4. APEJ Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Sales Channel
11. MEA Breast Shell Market Analysis 2013–2018 and Forecast 2019–2027
11.2. MEA Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Country
11.2.1. GCC Countries
11.2.3. South Africa
11.2.5. Rest of MEA
11.3. MEA Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Material Type
11.4. MEA Breast Shell Market Value (US$ Mn) and Volume (‘000 Units) by Sales Channel
12. Competitive Assessment
12.1. Global Breast Shell Market Structure
12.2. Global Breast Shell Market Competition - a Dashboard View
12.3. Global Breast Shell Market Company Share Analysis
12.4. Key Participants Market Presence (Intensity Mapping) by Region
13. Company Profiles
13.2. Pharmics, Inc.
13.10. Artsana Group,
13.11. Handi-Craft Company
13.12. Medline Industries, Inc.
13.13. NUK USA LLC
13.14. Mayborn Group Limited
13.17. Summer infant
14. Disclaimer & Contact Information
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions
We are committed towards customer satisfaction and quality service.