- The algae supplements market reflected growth at a CAGR of over 5% during the period, 2013 to 2018. Gains in the algae supplements industry are primarily driven by the changing dietary patters of consumers and the upward trend of health & wellness.
- Revenues from the algae supplements market surpassed US$ 800 Mn in 2018 and is further projected to exhibit a Y-O-Y growth of over 6% in 2019.
- North America has remained a lucrative market for algae supplements, underpinned in part by the burgeoning demand for algae-based products in the region.
- APEJ is likely to emerge as a high-growth market for algae supplements, upheld by evolving consumer lifestyles and changing dietary patterns across emerging economies in the region.
What are the Key Growth Drivers of Algae Supplements Market?
- Algae supplement sales have been significantly driven by the increasing consumer demand for plant-based nutrition sources.
- Soaring demand for macro- & micro-algal foods, on account of their functional benefits that extend beyond conventional considerations of health and nutrition, is predominantly fuelling investments in algae supplements development and production.
- Evidently a natural source of proteins and antioxidants, algae supplements continue to gain popularity in line with demand for plant-based lipids and proteins, along with growing technological advances in algae production and harvesting.
- Anti-aging effects, and better maintenance of digestive tract, are some of the key benefits of the algae supplements fuelling their adoption among consumers worldwide.
- Millennials have enhanced access to health-related information and are increasingly opting for a broader set of health & wellness solutions, including the non-conventional products. This, in turn, is creating favorable circumstances for large-scale adoption of algae supplements.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Key Challenges Faced by Stakeholders of the Algae Supplements Market?
- Lack of awareness regarding benefits of algae supplements continues to be one among the key factors undermining growth of algae supplements market. However, government investments in research & commercialization of algae across key regions are likely to favor growth of the algae supplements market.
- High developmental costs has remained a major concern among the algae supplements industry players. This further impacts the overall cost of the final product, thereby impeding sales of algae supplements to a certain extent.
Algae Supplements Market – Competitive Landscape
- In 2018, Nature’s Way signed a definitive agreement with Natural Products Canada, to collectively tap opportunities in Canada for sales of innovative, natural health-benefitting products. This partnership is aimed at meeting consumer demand for natural products, a category that is witnessing robust demand in the region. These two companies will invest in the pre-mature Canadian companies offering natural products, including nutritional supplements, dietary ingredients, and functional foods.
- In 2016, Parry Nutraceuticals, a division of the E.I.D. - Parry (India) Limited, received the approval from US FDA for its India-based facility for microalgae cultivation & processing. Parry Nutraceuticals also confirmed that it is raising the bar of its product development efforts with an objective of meeting the consumer demand for value-added microalgae-based products.
- In 2018, AlgaEnergy- a leading player in the algae supplements market and Yokogawa Electric Corporation made an official announcement of a strategic partnership and equity participation agreement among the parties. The strategic agreement encompasses an investment of approximately 10 million euro by Yokogawa, with an objective to acquire the newly issued shares of AlgaEnergy, thereby making the company a reference shareholder.
Koninklijke DSM N.V.
Founded in 1902, Koninklijke DSM N.V. is based in Heerlen, Netherlands. The company offers multiple products in the fields of nutrition, materials, and health and ranks among one of the leading purpose-led company in the field of animal & human nutrition.
Founded in 1990, Doctor's Best, Inc. is based in Irvine, California. The company offers a wide-range of products in the dietary and nutritional supplements segment. With an offering of over 200 products, the company manufactures and distributes its products in the US and overseas.
Founded in 1968, Now Foods is based in Bloomingdale, United States. The company offers a broad portfolio of natural & organic products, including supplements and packaged foods. The company has achieved various awards and several recognitions for its product offerings.
Chlorella Supply Co., Ltd.
Founded in 1992, Chlorella Supply Co., Ltd. is based in Izumo, Japan. The company is a subsidiary of the Daesang Corporation and offers a wide-range of chlorella-based nutritional healthcare supplements. Algae-based products account for a significant pie of the company’s overall revenue share.
Founded in 1983, the Cyanotech Corporation is headquartered in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii. The company actively engages in the cultivation, followed by development and sales, of natural solutions derived from microalgae meant for nutrition. The company is chiefly focused on development of Spirulina- and Astaxanthin- associated products.
Key players operating in the algae supplements market, as profiled in the report, include Fuqing King Dnarmsa Spirulina Co.,Ltd., DIC Corporation, Vitamin Discount Center, Herbal Terra, LLC, Algae Health Science, Kent BioEnergy Corporation, Algae Health Science, Holistic Herbal Solutions, LLC Pharmavite LLC, Taau Australia Pty Ltd., TerraVia Holdings, Inc., Nutress B.V., and others.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Algal Oil Supplements Gain Momentum as Ideal Vegetarian Sources of DHA and Omega-3 Fats
The diet of vegetarian and vegan population limits them in meeting the requirement for DHA and omega-3 fats, which are highly instrumental in maintaining a sound cognitive and cardiovascular health. Algal oil supplements are gaining centerstage as ideal sources of DHA and omega-3 fats.
As the health benefits of omega-3 fatty acids and DHA have been well-researched & well-established, vegetarian consumers are showing high preference for algal oil supplements to include in their regular diets. In addition, multiple health benefits of algal oil supplements, such as benefits for eye health, cognitive well-being, and cardiovascular health, are further upholding the demand for algal oil supplements.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Algae Supplements Market - Research Methodology
Compelling insights and forecasts offered in the algae supplements market report are a result of an exhaustive research methodology. The research methodology for algae supplements market report involves two steps, primary and secondary research, which form the base of the insights presented in the algae supplements market report.
The insights compiled in the algae supplements market report have been cross-verified by a team of in-house industry experts, in a bid to ensure unmatched accuracy and eliminate errors.
Chapter 1- Algae Supplements Market - Executive Summary
This chapter in the algae supplements market report gives a quick summary of the algae supplements market report, wherein the readers will be able to find a summary of all the key findings.
This chapter talks about the demand side trends and the supply side trends along with the formulation evolution roadmap. Moreover, this chapter in the algae supplements market focuses on Fact.MR analysis and recommendations for the aspiring market players in the algae supplements market.
Chapter 2 - Algae Supplements Market Overview
This chapter offers a definition of the algae supplements market along with definition of the product ‘algae supplements’. In addition, this chapter also talks about the research scope of the report on algae supplements market. Moreover, this chapter gives information on the forecast of algae supplements market size (US$ Mn) & volume (tons).
Chapter 3 - Algae Supplements Market - Key Indicators Assessment
This chapter in the algae supplements market report offers a deep dive into the key trends having deep-seated influence on growth of algae supplements market. Moreover, this chapter also talks about product innovation & development trends shaping growth of algae supplements market throughout the forecast period.
Chapter 4 - Algae Supplements Market - Market Background and Associated Industry Indicators
This chapter offers a detailed assessment of the parent market i.e. the nutraceuticals market along with diverse definition and regulations for the nutraceuticals market across the globe. This chapter gives a comprehensive overview of the pipeline analysis of nutraceutical supplements products and sheds light on macroeconomic factors along with their relevance and impact in the algae supplements market.
Chapter 5 - Algae Supplements Market- Key Success Factors
This chapter in the algae supplements market report gives a detailed overview of the key success factors responsible for upholding growth of algae supplements market. This chapter in the algae supplements market offers a brief outlook of nuanced marketing campaigns along with strategic promotional activities instrumental for growth in algae supplements market.
Chapter 6 - Algae Supplements Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter in the algae supplements market report offers an all-inclusive outlook of algae supplements market analysis and forecast during the assessment period. The forecast analysis of algae supplements market has been provided on the basis of product type, by nature, by form, by consumer orientation, by sales channel, and by region.
Chapter 7 - North America Algae Supplements Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter in the algae supplements market report gives you a detailed analysis of the North American algae supplements market in terms of growth analysis across key countries, such as the US and Canada. Moreover, this chapter also gives details of the key trends impacting the regional market growth.
Chapter 8 - Latin America Algae Supplements Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter in the algae supplements market report offers an extensive overview of the Latin America algae supplements market and growth across the key countries of this region. This chapter also briefs about regional trends impacting growth of Latin America algae supplements market during the forecast period.
Chapter 9 - Europe Algae Supplements Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter in the algae supplements market report gives an overview of the Europe algae supplements market and key trends impacting the market growth. This chapter gauges the growth of Europe algae supplements market across key regions, including EU5 countries along with the key trend shaping the regional market growth.
Chapter 10 - Japan Algae Supplements Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter in the algae supplements market report offers an exhaustive view of the Japan algae supplements market along with its growth potential over the forecast period. In addition, this chapter also offers key drivers responsible for underpinning growth of this regional market.
Chapter 11 – APEJ Algae Supplements Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter gives exhaustive analysis of the APEJ algae supplements market along with the growth across key countries, including China, India, and others. The chapter also offers insights into regional dynamics fuelling growth of this regional market.
Chapter 12 – MEA Algae Supplements Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter in the algae supplements market offers an all-inclusive analysis of the MEA algae supplements market for the forecast timeline along with a detailed analysis of demand across key countries of this region.
Chapter 13- Competitive Assessment
This chapter in the algae supplements market report offers a detailed market structure, wherein the leading, mid-sized, and emerging players have been analyzed and presented. This chapter gives a snapshot and a dashboard view of the market leaders of the algae supplements market along with their market share analysis.
Chapter 14- Company Profiles
This chapter in the algae supplements market report offers details on the profiles of key players operating in the algae supplements market. The profiles comprise of their revenue share, key focus areas, regional presence, product portfolio, and other critical details.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.