Large macrolide drugs are used in the treatment of respiratory diseases caused by gram positive bacteria and gram negative bacteria. Large macrolide drugs include clarithromycin, azithromycin, erythromycin and others. Large macrolide drugs are very popular due to their efficiency and safety. Large macrolide drugs have a large lactone ring containing 12 to 14 atoms .Large macrolide drugs inhibit the bacterial protein synthesis by interrupting the ribosome functioning. Clarithromycin and azithromycin are the derivatives of erythromycin. Large macrolides drugs inhibit the bacterial protein synthesis by reversibly binding to the 50S subunit of ribosome. Bacterial growth is inhibited by the large macrolide drugs as they separate the peptidyl transfer RNA from the ribosome during the elongation phase. Large macrolides drugs are mainly used in therapy for local and systemic infections. In veterinary medicines, large macrolide drugs are used for treatment of upper respiratory tract infections, bacterial enteritis, bronchopneumonia metritis, pyodermatitis, arthritis and other urinary tract infections. Large macrolides drugs are effective against most of the aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive organisms.
Large macrolide drugs are absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and are distributed well in the tissues. Large macrolides drugs are concentrated in macrophages. They accumulate in the spleen, kidney, liver and lungs.
Large Macrolide Drug Market: Drivers and Restraints
The growing prevalence and recurrence of bacterial infections is expected to be the major factor driving the growth of the large macrolide drug market over the forecast period. Increasing number of drug resistant bacterial strains is also expected to drive the growth of the large macrolide drug market. Growing geriatric population is also one of the factors expected to surge the growth of the large macrolide drug market. The large macrolide drugs have many advantages over traditional medicines, which has increased their demand across the globe. Large macrolide drugs are safe owing to which their demand tends to double in the coming years. The side effects of large macrolide drugs such as gastro intestinal disturbances, e.g., nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting, is projected to restrain the growth of the large macrolide drug market over the forecast period.
Large Macrolide Drug Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global large macrolide drug market can be segmented on the basis of the drug, distribution channel, and geography.
Based on the drug, the global large macrolide drugs market is segmented as:
Based on distribution channel, the global large macrolide drugs market is segmented as:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
Large Macrolide Drug Market: Overview
Clarithromycin and azithromycin are the derivatives of erythromycin. Others include spiramycin and telithromycin. They all are common types of drugs that are anti-bacterial and are used in the treatment of respiratory bacterial infections. Based on the distribution channel, large macrolide drugs are distributed by hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, and online pharmacies. They are effective against bacterial infections.
Large Macrolide Drugs Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global large macrolide drugs market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ), Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA). North America is expected to be dominant regional market for large macrolide drugs owing to high prevalence of the bacterial diseases. The large macrolide drugs market in Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a significant CAGR due to presence of large population. Europe is expected to hold second large share in the global large macrolide drugs market throughout the forecast period.
Large Macrolide Drugs Market: Key Players
The global market for large macrolide drugs is highly fragmented. Examples of some of the key players operating in the global large macrolide drugs market are Abbott, Pfizer limited, Merck & co Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, and Attix Pharmaceuticals, among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America ( Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, France, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (India, Australia & New Zealand, Greater China, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- CIS & Russia
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development