Closed platform screen doors primarily find applications in subway or train stations worldwide, by separating the platform from the train. They are relatively new to most train transport systems around the globe and many of these closed platform screen door installations have also been customized and retrofitted to existing infrastructure. Operators for metros and other train transport systems prefer closed platform screen doors owing to growing preference for automated systems that offer better efficiency and reliability.
Large urban areas, with ever growing population bases in particular, constantly need expansion of public transport capacities, and are highly likely to be faced with very high flow of passengers. Issues concerning commuter safety, and comfort therefore often come up regarding the station and its infrastructure.
Closed Platform Screen Doors: Market Dynamics
Increasing concerns over safety of commuters who accidentally or intentionally fall off the platform onto the lower track area, is the major driving factor behind the growth of the closed platform screen doors market worldwide.
Increasing preference for automation, climate control, enhanced security, cost efficiency, minimized service disruption, prevention of litter on tracks thereby reducing fire hazards, improving sound quality of announcements made in stations, reduction or elimination of wind from fast moving trains which can cause people to lose their balance, along with increased aesthetic appeal are also crucial factors that are driving the demand for closed platform screen doors.
Innovations such as automated control for individual doors, separate from every other door in the station, based on data from sensors which assess train distance and operation of train doors, are also expected to boost market growth owing to additional safety.
Prohibitive costs for installation and retrofitting operations of closed platform screen doors to match the spacing of platform doors to train doors is expected to be the major constraining factor that will limit the growth of the closed platform screen doors market. Closed platform screen doors also pose the risk of the commuter getting trapped between the door and the train. In addition, the relative affordability of half-height platform screen doors, or platform gates are also expected to challenge the expansion of closed platform screen doors market players.
Closed Platform Screen Doors: Market Segmentation
The closed platform screen doors market can be majorly segmented on the terms of product type and by end-use application.
On the basis of product type, the closed platform screen doors market can be segmented as:
- Full closed type platform screen doors
- Semi closed type platform screen doors
On the basis of end-use application, the closed platform screen doors market can be segmented as:
- Other Transportation
Asia Pacific Region and Europe Offer Lucrative Market Opportunities for Closed Platform Screen Doors
The important markets covered in the closed platform screen doors market study include North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Closed platform screen doors are showing increasing demand in the Asia Pacific and European markets owing to increasing adoption in metro systems, renovation and expansion of public transport infrastructure in the regions, along with concerns over high incidences of train related fatal accidents.
The comprehensive regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Peru)
- Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, Australia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Egypt, South Africa, Turkey)
Closed Platform Screen Doors: Market Participants
Key market players in the closed platform screen doors market are focusing on expanding product portfolios to accurately match the requirements of applications of the various train station settings. The products are created to accurately meet safety and door spacing specifications. Market players are also putting prominence on automation to synchronize the stopping of train with position of doors to improve on passenger flow efficiency and to save time. Some of the major players in the closed platform screen doors market include:
- Shanghai Electric
- Horton Automatics
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the closed platform screen doors market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development