According to US Food & Drug Administration, nearly 7,000 genetic diseases affects more than 30 million people. Around 75%-80% of genetic diseases are caused by a single-gene defect, and some of genetic diseases affects children. Only 5% gene therapies are approved by FDA, there is a significant unmet need for effective treatments, and many rare diseases are serious or life-threatening conditions. These Genetic disorder arises due to disfunctioning in normal genes. Genetic disorder therapeutics or gene therapy is the treatment for either genetic disorders or for the rare diseases. Genetic disorder therapeutics follows certain approach to treat such kind of disease which contains alteration of the defecting genes. Approach contains switching of the problem causing genes, replacing a defective gene with good genes, or adding good genes of same function to the chromosome.
Genetic Disorder Therapeutics Market: Drivers and Restraints
The increase in the prevalence of genetic disorders across the globe focused on the need of these therapies. Treatment of diseases in less time during emergencies. Genetic disorder therapeutics is the most advance treatment in biotechnological as well as pharmaceutical industries. Pharmaceutical companies are focusing on the development of gene therapies over the forecast period. These are the reasons which drives the genetic disorder therapeutics market. It is crucial job to deliver the gene to the target cell. Sometimes therapy makes some mistakes, new genes introduced during the procedure becomes intruder which impacts the immune system. These misguiding of the gene which provide negative impact on the cell and the high cost associated with the therapies restraints the genetic disorder therapeutics market.
Genetic Disorder Therapeutics Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market can be segmented on the basis of virus vector, cell type, application, end user, and geography.
On the basis of virus vector, the Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market is segmented as:
- Herpes virus
On the basis of cell type, the Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market is segmented as:
- Somatic gene Therapeutics
- Germline gene Therapeutics
On the basis of technique, the Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market is segmented as:
- In vivo
On the basis of end user, the Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market is segmented as:
- Biotechnology institutes
- Research & Cancer centers
Genetic Disorder Therapeutics Market: Overview
Genetic Disorder Therapeutics is the most advance treatment for the genetic disorders. The Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market drives due to the increase in the prevalence of cancer which is widely used. On the basis of technique, Somatic gene Therapeutics dominates the segment because it only affects the targeted cells and does not pass to the next generation. On the basis of technique, in-vitro is most popular therapeutics because of we can edit genes without harming the cells or the body. On the basis of virus vector, Adenovirus is widely used as vector in genetic disorder therapeutics. On the basis of end users, biotechnology centers are dominating the Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market due to increased focus of the research on the genomics.
Genetic Disorder Therapeutics Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, Genetic Disorder Therapeutics market is segmented into seven key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, and Middle East & Africa. North America is dominating the genetic disorder therapeutics market because of increased the number of clinal trails of genetic disorder therapeutics across the region. Asia Pacific except Japan contains those countries which have large patient pool and have high rate of geriatric population therefore this region drives the genetic disorder therapeutics market in that region. Japan has high range of research centers which are working on therapeutics for genetic disorders. Latin America & Middle East & Africa region regions have the steady growth in concerned market.
Genetic Disorder Therapeutics Market: Key Players
Leading manufactures are focusing on the development and the advancement in the genetic disorder therapeutics. Key players are focusing on the innovation of the technology used in gene therapeutics. The major key players participated in concerned market are Abeona Therapeutics Inc., Addgene, Altogen Biosystems, American Gene Technologies Inc., ARTHROGEN, bluebird bio Inc., Pfizer Inc., CoA Therapeutics, Amicus Therapeutics, Inc., AveXis, Inc., Sangamo Therapeutics, CRISPR Therapeutics, among others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Rest of Latin America)
- Europe [EU -4 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain), BENELUX (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg), NORDIC (Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden), Eastern Europe (Poland, Ukraine, Czech Rep. etc.), Rest of Europe
- CIS & Russia
- APEJ (Greater China, India, S. Korea, ASEAN Countries and Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development