Growth of the Food Industry is Expected to Propel the Growth of Oxygen Barrier In-Mold Labelled Containers Market
In-mold labelling is a process in which plastic or paper labels are applied directly to the containers through injection molding, blow molding, or thermoforming. The labelling process is incorporated in the manufacturing process of containers. As compared to traditional plastic containers, in-mold labelled containers require longer production time and relatively high manufacturing cost. They help to minimize the resources incurred in two processes, namely container manufacturing and labelling. In-mold labelled containers were first developed by Owens-Illinois in collaboration with Procter & Gamble. They provided in-mold labelled bottles for Head & Shoulders shampoo packaging. The printed decorative foil, 50 µm in thickness, is used as labels on the in-mold labelled containers.
Global In-Mold Labelled Containers Market: Dynamics
As the label and the container are made of the same material, the molding processes incorporates the label to the container wall. Also, in-mold labelled containers fulfill the end-users need for high barrier and retortable packaging due to its multilayer barrier properties. The food & beverage industry has preferred the oxygen barrier in-mold labelled containers due to its ability to increase the shelf-life of packaged products. The ultraviolet barrier in-mold labelled containers is useful in the protection of the organoleptic properties of high-fat products, as well as appropriate for retort packaging and high temperature filling processes. These factors are expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Know More Details About the Report
Recent Developments in Global In-Mold Labelled Containers Market
The key manufacturers in the in-mold labelled containers market are setting up the new product development trends as per the need of end-user industries.
- In 2018, RPC Superfos developed ‘UniPak’ pot to fulfill the requirement of US-based Palazzolo’s Artisan Dairy for in-mold labelled containers with tamper evident closure and spoon-in-lid features.
- In 2018, ITC Packaging collaborated with Verstraete IML to develop in-mold labelled containers for packaging of soup. The newly designed containers possess oxygen barrier properties, which avoid food contact with oxygen and extend the shelf life.
- In 2017, the South African food manufacturer Clover Industries Ltd. launched new mayonnaise product packaged in high barrier in-mold labelled containers. The injection in-mold labelled container manufacturers, Polyoak and Verstraete IML, developed this new high barrier in-mold labelled container for Clover.
Global In-mold Labelled Containers Market: Segmentation
Globally, in-mold labelled containers market has been segmented on the basis of material, end-use industry, molding technology, and container type.
By material, the global in-mold labelled containers market has been segmented into:
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polyester (PET)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Ethyl Vinyl Alcohol (EVOH)
By end-use industry, the global in-mold labelled containers market has been segmented into:
- Automotive Care
- Food & Beverage
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
By molding technology, the global in-mold labelled containers market has been segmented into:
- Injection Molding
- Blow Molding
- Thermoforming Process
By container type, the global in-mold labelled containers market has been segmented into:
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Global In-Mold Labelled Containers Market: Geographical Outlook
The in-mold labelled containers market in Europe is expected to witness high growth, followed by North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. In Europe, fast-moving consumer goods and durable goods manufacturers are the prominent end-users of in-mold labelled containers. The growth of the food and beverage industry in emerging economies of China & India is expected to drive the growth of the Asia Pacific in-mold labelled containers market. The global personal care and cosmetics industry is adopting the in-mold labelled technology for products for enhance the shelf appeal.
Global In-Mold Labelled Containers Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in global in-mold labelled containers market are:
- Berry Global Group, Inc.
- Coveris Rigid Finland Oy
- Corcoran Products Ireland
- CTL Packaging USA Inc
- MJS Packaging Inc
- Viva Healthcare Packaging
- Abdos Lamitubes Pvt Ltd
- Tectubes Sweden AB
- CCL Industries Corp
- Bergen Plastics AS
- RPC Superfos A/S
The in-mold labelled containers market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The in-mold labelled containers market report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The in-mold labelled containers market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on in-mold labelled containers market segments and geographies.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing in-mold labelled containers market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth in-mold labelled containers market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on in-mold labelled containers market performance
- Must-have information for in-mold labelled containers market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
The global in-mold labelled containers market has been divided into seven regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.