Photonic Crystals Market Introduction
Photonic crystals are also known as photonic bandgap materials are the periodic optical nanostructure affecting the motion of photons. It occurs in the nature in form of animal reflectors and structural coloration and in different forms with a range of applications. Photonic crystals can be used to control the emission and propagation of light.
One-dimensional, two-dimensional, and three-dimensional photonic crystals are three types of photonic crystals used across various industries. Among these, one-dimensional photonic crystals are widely used in form of thin-film optics with the application in low and high reflection coatings on the lenses and mirrors to color-changing inks and paints. Meanwhile, two-dimensional photonic crystals are beginning to find commercial applications.
Photonic Crystals Market: Notable Highlights
- Lumentum Holdings plans to sell certain optical transceiver product line provided by Oclaro Japan to the Cambridge Industries. The deal consists of the long-term supply agreement for photonic chips. The parties expect to conclude the transaction during Q2/2019.
- Optoscribe Ltd. has launched ultra-high speed, third-gen 3D photonic component manufacturing system and also expanded its facility in Scotland.
- NeoPhotonics Corporation announced the demonstration of its new technologies such as silicon photonics based 64 Gbaud COSA at Optical Fiber Communication Conference in San Diego. It also planned to showcase Pico Tunable Laser which is silicon photonics based ultra-narrow linewidth.
Some of the key players in the photonic crystals market are Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd, NKT Photonics A/S, MKS INSTRUMENTS, INC, Lockheed Martin Corporation, GLOphotonics, GOOCH & HOUSEGO PLC, NeoPhotonics Corporation, IPG Photonics Corporation, and Corning Incorporated
Know More Details About the Report
Photonic Crystals Market Dynamics
Improving Next-Gen QD-LED with Photonic Crystals
Quantum Dots (QD) is one of the key materials in the next-gen displays. With high quantum efficiency and narrow full-width at half maximum, QD enables highly efficient display along with the wide color gamut as compared to other displays. In order to increase light extraction and material use of QD display, photonic crystals with the preferred photonic stopband are used in the LEDs.
Photonic crystals also help to develop high-intensity QD-LED with low QD use, thereby, reducing the cost and little amount of cadmium, while producing more eco-friendly and competitive QD-LED products. Thus, manufacturers are focusing on combining QD and photonic crystals to provide brighter and more efficient computer, tablet, and mobile phone displays, and also enhance LED lighting.
Rise in the R&D Activity and Use of 2D Photonic Crystals
Photonic crystals have gained much interest in research and development in recent years owing to the wavelength scale periodic nature allowing the manipulation of light in a way that is impossible with conventional materials. In recent years, the use of thermophotovoltaic systems has increased as portable generators to power sensors, small robotic platforms, and portable communication and computational devices. This is driving the demand for 2D photonic crystals as the emitters for the high-performance thermophotovoltaic system as it offers spectral tailoring of the thermal radiation and wide range of incidence angles.
Recently, scientists with the help of electronic microscopy have tracked defects in the surface of 2D photonic crystals. This new system can help to create microprocessors for optical computers. With the high-quality X-ray, scientists have been able to observe the structure of crystals and identify internal defects of the mesoscopic structures.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Complex Manufacturing Process to Hamper Growth in Photonic Crystals Market
Various complications in the manufacturing of photonic crystals are likely to hamper the growth of the photonic crystals market. For the high dimensional photonic crystals, the major challenge is the fabrication of these structures along with the sufficient precision to prevent scattering losses the blur properties of the crystal. Another challenge in the fabrication of the high dimension photonic crystals is designing a process that can significantly mass-produce the crystals.
However, manufacturers in the photonic crystals market have various fabrication methods to produce photonic crystals. For instance, the shear-assembly technique is used to produce mass-scale 3D photonic films and fibers. Meanwhile, the photonic crystal slab is another method that can be used to develop 2D photonic crystals. It consists of a slab of materials such as silicon that can be patterned using some techniques from the semiconductor industry.
Photonic crystals market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Photonic Crystals Market Segments
- Photonic Crystals Market Dynamics
- Photonic Crystals Market Size
- Supply & Demand in the Photonic Crystals Market
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Photonic Crystals Market
- Competition & Companies involved in the Photonic Crystals Market
- Technology in the Photonic Crystals Market
- Value Chain in the Photonic Crystals Market
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Photonic crystals market regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The photonic crystals market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with photonic crystals market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on photonic crystals market segments and geographies.
Photonic Crystals Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing photonic crystals market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth photonic crystals market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected photonic crystals market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the photonic crystals market
- Competitive landscape in the photonic crystals market
- Strategies of key players and Products offered in the photonic crystals market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth in the photonic crystals market
- A neutral perspective on photonic crystals market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint in the photonic crystals market globally
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
Photonic Crystals Market Segmentation
Based on the type, the photonic crystals market is segmented into
- One Dimensional
- Two Dimensional
- Three Dimensional
On the basis of application, the photonic crystals market is segmented into
- Optical Fibers
- LEDs Displays
- Solar & PV Cells
- Discrete & Integrated Optical Components Lasers
- Image Sensors
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the photonic crystals market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to photonic crystals market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Related Reports -
The Rise of Intelligent Packaging
Personalized, Connected and Sustainable
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.