Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market- Key Insights
- Worldwide sales of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide recorded a steady growth by registering 4.0% CAGR between 2013 and 2017. However, the market is likely to witness significant growth in the coming years owing to its wide application in treating various conditions and acting as muscle relaxant.
- The Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market was valued at over US$ 50 million in 2018 and is projected to register Y-O-Y growth of 4.3% in 2019.
- Europe is expected to be the largest region in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market during the forecast period and account for an estimated 34.6% share by 2019 end.
- APEJ is likely to emerge as the fastest growing region in Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market, owing to the rise in gastrointestinal problems leading to spasms and increasing use of anti-spasmodic drugs.
What is Driving Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market?
- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide continues to witness significant demand owing to rise in abdominal pain and cramping as frequent problem in the adult population, especially in Western countries. According to the International Association for the Study of Pain, by 2050, proportion of people over 65 years of age will increase from 17.5% to 36.3% in the developed countries. Moreover, in recent years around 20% of adults have been suffering from chronic pain. The problem in many elderly people is still under treated and there is a need for increased research.
- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier making it beneficial for use in the treatment of abdominal pain caused by cramping, especially during painful menstruation.
- Increasing prevalence of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is resulting in the growing demand for antispasmodic, thereby, resulting in substantial growth in Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. According to the International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders, there are around 2.4 to 3.5 million annual visits to physician for IBS in the US alone.
- With rise in colorectal cancer worldwide, colonoscopy is finding wide application in detection and surveillance. Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide is widely used by colonoscopists to reduce bowel spasms during colonoscopy.
- With increasing number of studies proving safety of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide for the treatment of self-reported functional cramping and abdominal pain. On-demand Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide is witnessing growth in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market.
Know More Details About the Report
What are the Key Challenges in Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market?
- Medicines with Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide as an active ingredient has been considered unsuitable for patients with megacolon, myasthenia gravis, and glaucoma. Moreover, these medicines are also not suitable for people with hypersensitivity to Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide and other components in the medicine.
- The injection of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide can cause adverse effects such as anaphylaxis and tachycardia hypotension. While the risk associated with adverse effects is high in people with cardiac diseases. Moreover, patients death after receiving injection of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide has been reported internationally. In most of the cases cardiac arrest or acute myocardial infarction was seen as the adverse effect.
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market: Assessment of Competitive Landscape
- Boehringer Ingelheim has filed for the regulatory approval of Nintedanib for patients with systemic sclerosis associated interstitial lung disease with the EMA and FDA. Recently, Boehringer also entered into a research collaboration with GNA Biosolutions to develop emergency veterinary diagnostics, including rapid diagnostic test for African swine fever that can be used on the portable molecular diagnostic platform by GNA.
- The FDA has approved Dicyclomine HCl Injection, the generic version of Bentyl Injection by Aptalis Pharma. Dicyclomine HCl is an anti-spasmodic and anti-cholinergic agent that helps to relieve smooth muscle spasms in the gastrointestinal tract. The injection is supplied as 20mg/2ml.
- Recently, the meta-analysis that was undertaken to evaluate effectiveness of the IBS treatment options, noted three clinical studies that have shown Buscopan as more effective in relieving IBS symptoms as compared to placebo. The clinical studies have also found minimal side-effects of Buscopan. Currently, Buscopan is rarely prescribed in the US, however, it may be commonly prescribed by physicians outside the US.
Some of the leading players in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market are Alkaloid Skopje, Boehringer-Ingelheim, Linnea SA, and Alchem International.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market: Additional Insights
Oral Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide to Find Increasing Demand
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide used to treat abdominal pain and spasms is available in both oral and injectable form. However, with increasing sales of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide under the brandname Buscopan which is an oral medication, the application of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide in oral form is gaining traction.
Moreover, with a range of benefits on oral administration of Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide, it is being used on a large scale. Upon oral administration, it binds and blocks muscarinic receptors, thereby, providing anti-spasmodic effect in the uterine, gastrointestinal, and urinary tracts.
Many oral analgesic drugs are also finding wide application to relieve pain during gynecological procedures. Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide has gained popularity as the oral anti-spasmodic drug for relief from genito-urinary spasms.
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market: Scope of the Report
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market: Research Methodology
The report on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market provides valuable and actionable insights and in-depth analysis backed by the robust research methodology. The insights on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market are offered through extensive primary and secondary research.
Exclusive interviews and discussions with industry experts were conducted as the part of primary research. Meanwhile, press releases, journals, annual reports of the companies in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market and other valid data sources were used to obtain information and data on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market.
The conclusions in the report were drawn by combining both the research methodologies, by eliminating the misleading information and providing accurate information on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. 2018 has been considered as the base year to offer forecast on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market for the period from 2019 to 2027.
The report on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market serves as an authentic dataset for readers and players to plan business strategies in order to stay competitive in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market.
The latest report on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market published by Fact.MR provides in-depth analysis along with the valuable and actionable insights on the market. It also offers details on all the important factors influencing the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market growth.
The report also provides the historical data and forecast on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. Major factors including micro and macro-economic factors impacting growth of the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market along with the qualitative and quantitative data has also been included in the report.
The report also provides details on the market dynamics including key trends, growth opportunities, drivers, and challenges in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. The study provides segment-wise and region-wise analysis of the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market along with the focus on all the key countries in the region. The Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market report include data in terms of value, volume, and year-on-year growth. Competitive landscape in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market is also provided in the report.
Chapter 1- Executive Summary
This chapter of the report focuses on the important data and key findings on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. The report provide details on the growth opportunity in the market along with the mega trends in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market.
Chapter 2- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market Overview
This section in the report offers brief introduction on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. It also includes product specific definition on Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide. It covers market taxonomy along with the performance of the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market across several regions. Market size including value and volume is also offered in the report along with the CAGR and year-on-year growth. The chapter also focuses on market dynamics including opportunities, trends, restraints, and drivers. Cost structure, supply chain, pricing structure, and raw material sourcing in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market is also offered in this chapter.
Chapter 3- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter of the report provides segment-wise analysis of the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. The market is segmented on the basis of application and region. Based on the application, the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market is segmented into injectable and oral. On the basis of region, the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market segment includes Europe, North America, APEJ, Latin America, Japan, and the Middle East and Africa. All the segments include numbers in form of volume, value, year-on-year growth, and CAGR.
Chapter 4- North America Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market Analysis and Forecast
This chapter focuses on the opportunities, trends and challenges in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in North America. The report also offers country-wise analysis on the market including Canada and the US as key countries. The chapter also provides current scenario in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in the region.
Chapter 5- Latin America Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market Analysis
This section focuses on all the factors influencing Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market growth in Latin America. The report also provides details on the key developments in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in the region along with the information and scenario of the market in the key countries in Latin America.
Chapter 6- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market in Europe
This chapter of the report provides insights on the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in Europe along with the growth opportunities. On-going scenario in the region is also covered in the report along with the country-wise analysis.
Chapter 7- Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market in Japan
This chapter in the report sheds light on the factors influencing growth in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in Japan. Drivers, trends, and challenges in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in the country is also covered in the report.
Chapter 8- APEJ Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market Analysis
This section of the report provides information on the key developments in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in the Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ). Valuable and actionable insights on the market in key countries in the region are also offered in the report.
Chapter 9- MEA Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide Market Analysis
The chapter in the report covers all the important factors leading to the growth in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in the Middle East and Africa (MEA). The report also includes country-wise analysis of the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market in the MEA region.
Chapter 10- Competitive Landscape and Company Profile
This chapter of the report offers detailed profiles of the leading players in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market. The chapter also provides dashboard view of the companies in the market. Key developments, product portfolio, company overview, financial overview and business strategies by the key players in the Hyoscine-N-Butyl Bromide market is covered in the report.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.