Cadmium Sulfide Market Introduction
Cadmium sulfide is a yellow compound that is easy to purify and isolate. Cadmium sulfide is known to be the sole source of cadmium in all commercial applications. Cadmium sulfide offers a wide range of applications that includes its extensive utilization in the production of solar cells, semiconductors, pigments, infra-red two color detectors, photo resistors and cathode radial radiation materials among others. The global market of cadmium sulfide is poised to witness significant growth in coming years owing to various advantages obtained by the utilization of cadmium sulfide. Cadmium sulfide when used as fluorescent marker offers many advantages such as high luminous efficiency, fluorspar narrow spectral lines, adjustable luminous color, relatively single excitation spectrum, and good light stability. When cadmium sulfide is used as a photo catalyst, it offers stable performance, limited secondary pollution, and non-toxic effects. Besides being used as fluorescent marker and photo catalyst, cadmium sulfide is also used in the production of amorphous silicon film solar cells to improve the photoelectric conversion efficiency of thin film solar cells.
Cadmium Sulfide Market Dynamics
Cadmium Sulfide Market Drivers
One of the key factor driving the growth of global cadmium sulfide market is the increasing demand from pigments industry. As a pigment, cadmium sulfide is popularly known as cadmium yellow. Around one-fourth of the total cadmium sulfide produced is processed as cadmium yellow. This signifies the consumption of cadmium sulfide as a pigment. Owing to the increasing demand for paints and coatings across the globe, the pigments and dyes industry has witnessed a significant hike in past years. This consequently drives the growth of cadmium sulfide market for its consumption in the form of cadmium yellow.
Besides the increasing demand from pigment industry, the global cadmium sulfide market is expected to grow significantly from the applications in electricals and electronics industry. Cadmium sulfide is used extensively as catalyst, semiconductor and resistor among others in the electricals and electronic industry. As a consequence, of development of infrastructure at a global level, the production of electricals and electronics is at its peak. This has created a significant demand for cadmium sulfide. Hence, this factor is efficiently driving the growth of global cadmium sulfide market.
Cadmium Sulfide Market Restraints
There are several other alternatives that can be used as a substitute to cadmium sulfide. These alternatives are superior to cadmium sulfide either in health or environment perspective. For instance, inorganic pigments that are based on iron oxides, Oxo-nitrides, etc. are sometimes used as alternatives to cadmium yellow pigment. This factor of availability of alternatives to cadmium sulfide acts as a potential restraining factor against the growth of global cadmium sulfide market.
Cadmium Sulfide Market Segmentation
The global Cadmium Sulfide market can be segmented on the basis of form, applications, end-use industry and regions.
On the basis of form, the global Cadmium Sulfide market can be segmented as:
On the basis of applications, the global Cadmium Sulfide market can be segmented as:
- Solar Cells
- Florescent Powder
- Laboratory Reagent
- Additive in Chemical Production
- Other Photo-voltaic elements and devices
On the basis of end-use industry, the global Cadmium Sulfide market can be segmented as:
- Pigments and coatings
- Electricals and electronics
- Glass, optical and laser material
- Fine art materials
Cadmium Sulfide Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of global Cadmium Sulfide market are:
- Lorad Chemical Corporation
- Nanoshel LLC
- Central Drug House
- Protech Materials, Inc.
- Media Federal Co., Ltd.
- Omkar Speciality Chemicals Ltd.
- QS Advanced Materials
- Stanford Advanced Materials
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company
Cadmium Sulfide Market Regional Outlook
As consequence of high intensity of paints and coatings, electricals and electronics manufacturers among others in China, East Asia is expected to hold prominent share of the global cadmium sulfide market. Significant investments in manufacturing and development of economies in countries such as India offer ample opportunities of growth to the global cadmium sulfide market in South Asia. Other regions such as North America, Latin America and Europe are also expected to hold stable shares in the global cadmium sulfide market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. Report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The Report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Market potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of the company.
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development