Electromagnetic interference shielding or EMI shielding is commonly applied to prevent electromagnetic interference from affecting sensitive electronic devices, systems, and equipment that are used for critical applications.
The causes of EMI can range from temporary disturbance and system failure to data losses and even loss of life. EMI shields are mechanical devices including flexible metal screens, metal foams, and metal wires, which are generally put around the electronic devices to prevent interference.
Other materials such as conductive polymers, conductive coatings & paints, and tapes & laminates are also used in various demanding applications of EMI shielding.
Global EMI shielding market is estimated to be valued at more than US$ 6 billion in 2019, and the growth is likely to be driven by rapid expansion of electronics market and rise in the deployment of electronic systems in numerous industries, especially in automotive sector.
Growing need for EMI shielding in these electronic systems to reduce the coupling of radio waves and magnetic waves as well as reduce the unwanted transfer of energy will continue to influence the market growth.
EMI Shielding Market – Notable Developments
Laird, Nolato, Schaffner, Kitagawa Industries, DowDuPont, PPG Industries, Tech-Etch, 3M Company, Integrated Polymer Solutions, Chomerics, RTP Company, ETS-Lindgren, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Leader Tech Inc., Shenzhen yongmao technology, CGC precision technology, Bi-Link, and Shenzhen Evenwin Precision Technology are among the key players operating in the EMI shielding market.
- In April 2019, 3M Company announced a new addition to its lineup pf advanced adhesives for medical devices - 3M™ Extended Wear Medical Transfer Adhesive, 4075m. It is designed to laminate various substrates and features an extended wear pressure sensitive transfer adhesive.
- In March 2019, PPG Industries announced its creation of an organization for automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) services to vigorously support the growth of vehicle manufacturers across the globe through an advanced and expanded portfolio of technologies, services, and related capabilities. The company has also completed its acquisition of Whitford Worldwide Company.
- In February 2019, Laird Connectivity, a unit of EMI shielding market player Laird, announced the launch of its new wireless Internet of things (I-o-T) gateway that offers secure connectivity to Bluetooth and Cloud for gathering actionable IoT intelligence. The company was acquired taken over by a private equity group Advent International in March 2018 in a deal worth nearly £1bn.
Know More Details About the Report
EMI Shielding Market Dynamics
Robust development in telecommunication infrastructure across the globe and penetration of wireless mobile communications along with surging use of electric components in automobiles have led to an increase in the need for shielding electronic and digital equipment to prevent EMI.
These factors are likely to work to the advantage of EMI shielding market. Stringent government regulations for EMI to protect the users from any electromagnetic radiations will continue to favor the overall growth of EMI shielding market.
Numerous industries including automotive sector are directing their investments towards EMI shielding to protect sensitive equipment from failures, reduce financial losses, and to improve safety features. This, in turn, is expected the shape the global expansion of EMI shielding market.
EMI Shielding Market Gains Underpinned by Rising Demand for Next Generation Electronic Circuits
With increasing adoption for next generation electronic circuits, EMI shielding market is likely to witness a remunerative growth in the coming years.
Such circuits and related systems tend to create interference that may lead to increased rate of errors, data loss, or complete shutdown of electric circuits. These threats have resulted in the need for shielding, and eventually propelling the growth of EMI shielding market.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Asia Pacific Presents Lucrative Opportunities for EMI Shielding Market Players
Although North America accounts for a significant revenue share of EMI shielding market backed by existence of highly advanced telecom industry, Asia Pacific is anticipated to emerge as a lucrative region for EMI shielding market.
Growing prominence of the region as a hub for manufacturing electronic equipment and escalating demand for advanced electronic devices are the key factors driving Asia Pacific EMI shielding market.
Increase in defense expenditure and expansion for its capabilities may further impact the adoption of EMI shielding solutions to protect weapons systems from interference by unwanted radio frequencies.
However, high cost associated with EMI shielding increases the overall cost of the device may restrict the growth of EMI shielding market in the future.
Further, use of rare earth metals in shielding increases the manufacturing costs of its materials which is likely to affect the market expansion.
EMI shielding market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- EMI shielding Market Segments
- EMI shielding Market Dynamics
- EMI shielding Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
EMI shielding market regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The EMI shielding report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with EMI shielding market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on EMI shielding market segments and geographies.
EMI shielding Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
- Strategies of key players and Products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
EMI Shielding Market Segmentation
On the basis of material, the EMI shielding market can be segmented into:
- EMI Shielding Tapes & Laminates
- Conductive Polymers
- Conductive Coatings & Paints
- EMI Filters
- Metal Shielding
On the basis of method, the EMI shielding market can be segmented into:
On the basis of end-use industry, the EMI shielding market can be segmented into:
- Consumer Electronics
- Telecom & IT
- Defense & Aerospace
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the EMI shielding market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to EMI shielding market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report on the radiation proctitis treatment industry has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.