Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Introduction
Air ride suspension is a type of vehicle suspension powered by electric air pump or engine or compressor. In heavy vehicles such as trucks and buses, and in some passenger cars air ride suspension system is used in place of conventional steel springs, in some cases it is also finding wide application in sports suspension. The primary benefit of an air ride suspension system is it provides constant ride quality.
Air ride suspension is also used as the suspension upgrade in pick-up truck that haul or tow heavy loads. Air ride suspension systems are used as load support enhancement owing to the benefit that air springs can be deflated when not hauling or towing, thus, maintaining ride quality.
Air Ride Suspension Systems Market- Competitive Landscape
- Hendrickson is planning to build trailer suspension plant in Northeastern Ohio. The 35 acre plot will be the home to the company’s sixth trailer suspension plant.
- Fox Factory Holding Corp. has signed a definitive agreement to substantially acquire assets of Air Ride Technologies Inc. dba Ridetech. FOX expects Ridetech to contribute to the sales of US$ 6 million to US$ 8 million after eliminating inter-company sales.
Know More Details About the Report
Founded in 1871, Continental is located in Germany. The company specializes in interior electronics, brake systems, chassis and powertrain components, automotive safety, tires, tachographs and other parts of automotive and transportation sector. The company is the 4th largest manufacturer of tires. It produces tires for automobiles, bicycles, and motorcycles worldwide.
Dunlop Systems and Components
Established in 2007, Dunlop Systems and Components is located in England. The company manufactures air suspension components and advanced electronic control system. The company also supplies air springs and air suspension systems for trucks, buses, and car manufacturers. The company provides systems solutions for suspension load management and associated areas.
Avail customized purchase options for your needs
Founded in 1869, WABCO is located in Belgium. The company provides suspension and transmission, electronic braking, and stability systems for heavy duty commercial vehicles. It also provides car air pumps and suspension and advanced driver assistance systems for trucks, trailers, and buses. The company was recently acquired for $7 billion by ZF Friedrichshafen.
Established in 2009, BWI Group is located in China. It is the supplier of suspension and brake systems. The company also has manufacturing facilities in Mexico, the UK, Czech, and Poland. The company also provides anti-lock braking system, real-time damping, aluminum knuckles, and integrated chassis.
An Adaptive Approach to Modern-day Research Needs
Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Dynamics
Increasing Demand for Luxury and Premium Vehicles Influencing Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Growth
New product launches, expanding dealer networks, and increasing spending by consumers on luxury and premium goods are driving the growth of luxury and premium vehicle sales worldwide. Surging sales of luxury cars are driving demand for air ride suspension systems included as standard on high-end cars such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Range Rover, and other premium vehicles.
One of the biggest reason for wide application of air ride suspension systems in luxury cars is the smooth ride provided, enhancing the riding experience. Manufacturers are also using advanced technologies to make air ride suspension systems different on various levels, including precise handling for the vehicles bearing loads. Apart from the load bearing vehicles, luxury and premium car manufacturers are also providing air ride suspension systems attached in car or as an option for customers to decide if it’s worth the added cost.
Manufacturers Designing Lightweight Air Ride Suspension Systems
Vehicle manufacturers are focusing on lightweight vehicles in order to meet the growing demand for fuel efficiency and to comply with emission regulations worldwide. Suspension companies are also focusing on developing lightweight air ride suspension systems with improved performance.
Moreover, increasing investment in research and development activities to develop new materials for designing lightweight vehicles is also leading to the growth of components in vehicles with reduced weight. Hence, companies are manufacturing lightweight air ride suspension systems using materials such as aluminum and plastic, thereby, eliminating the need for welding, achieving improved aerodynamics, and reducing system weight. However, research on new materials to design lightweight components for automotive industry is also ongoing.
Meanwhile, companies manufacturing suspensions for trailer, trucks, buses, and other heavy-duty vehicles are also increasingly focusing on providing new air ride suspension systems with optimal balance of value and lightweight.
Have a report related query? Speak to us directly
High Cost of Air Ride Suspension Systems Continues to Remain Longstanding Challenge
Air ride suspension systems are expensive as compared to inexpensive and simple components in majority of the vehicles. Owing to the high cost, air ride suspension systems are witnessing huge demand only from heavy-duty off-road vehicles and high-end luxury and premium cars. Land Rover, Buick, Porsche, Audi are among the few automobile companies including air ride suspension systems in their vehicles.
Moreover, adding an air ride suspension system as an aftermarket option is also time-consuming and expensive for customers. The air ride suspension systems are vulnerable to air, leaks, and can go flat, hence, the cost of buying and maintaining air ride suspension system is higher as compared to the traditional suspension system. Meanwhile, it also takes longer time to install air ride suspension system owing to the complex design and networks.
Air ride suspension systems market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Segments
- Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Dynamics
- Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Size
- Supply & Demand in the Air Ride Suspension Systems Market
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Air Ride Suspension Systems Market
- Competition & Companies involved in the Air Ride Suspension Systems Market
- Technology in the Air Ride Suspension Systems Market
- Value Chain in the Air Ride Suspension Systems Market
Air ride suspension systems market regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The air ride suspension systems market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with air ride suspension systems market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on air ride suspension systems market segments and geographies.
Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing air ride suspension systems market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth air ride suspension systems market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected air ride suspension systems market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the air ride suspension systems market
- Competitive landscape in the air ride suspension systems market
- Strategies of key players and Products offered in the air ride suspension systems market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth in the air ride suspension systems market
- A neutral perspective on air ride suspension systems market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint in the air ride suspension systems market globally
Air Ride Suspension Systems Market Segmentation
Based on the vehicle type, the air ride suspension systems market is segmented into
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
Based on the technology, the air ride suspension systems market is segmented into
- Electronically controlled
- Non-electronically controlled
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the air ride suspension systems market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, and historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to air ride suspension systems market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
Need an Exclusive Report for your Unique Requirement?
- Our Clients -
- Evaluate How Fact.MR's Report Can Help. -
Is the market research conducted by Fact.MR?
Yes, the report has been compiled by expert analysts of Fact.MR, through a combination of primary and secondary research. To know more about how the research was conducted, you can speak to a research analyst.
What research methodology is followed by Fact.MR?
Fact.MR follows a methodology that encompasses the demand-side assessment of the market, and triangulates the same through a supply-side analysis. This methodology is based on the use of standard market structure, methods, and definitions.
What are the sources of secondary research?
Fact.MR conducts extensive secondary research through proprietary databases, paid databases, and information available in the public domain. We refer to industry associations, company press releases, annual reports, investor presentations, and research papers. More information about desk research is available upon request.
Who are the respondents for primary research?
Fact.MR speaks to stakeholders across the spectrum, including C-level executives, distributors, product manufacturers, and industry experts. For a full list of primary respondents, please reach out to us.
Is a sample of this report available for evaluation?
Yes, you can request a sample, and it will be sent to you through an email.