Forestry Machinery Market in Numbers:
- The forestry machinery market registered a CAGR of over 3.5% during the period 2013 to 2017. Sluggish sales of new equipment, and continued use of aging machinery, have tugged on growth of the forestry machinery industry in recent years.
- The global forestry machinery market was valued close to US$ 4 Bn in 2018, and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5% through 2028.
- Europe is expected to remain the leading as well as high-growth market for forestry machinery. Financial support through the common agricultural policy (CAP) to rural areas, and measures taken by EU countries to fund forestry activities via national development programs continue to underpin sales of forestry machinery in the region.
- Integration of GPS machine control systems into the forestry machinery is one of the fast-growing trends, which has led to sustainable operations and real-time tracking & monitoring of the machinery, in turn boosting productivity.
For more actionable insights into the forestry machinery market, request for the report sample
Forestry Machinery Market: Competitive Assessment
According to Fact.MR study, the forestry machinery landscape continues to witness the consolidation of leading players, who collectively account for nearly 60% market shares. The forestry machinery market remains influenced by region-specific dynamics; for instance, the number of product launches and expansion activities are relatively higher in Europe and North America, owing to the presence of established manufacturers who focus on collaborating with vendors and suppliers in other regional markets, such as East Asia and South Asia, for strengthening their global distribution and footprint.
Sensing the varying demand for forestry machinery by region, stakeholders are taking appropriate measures to tap opportunities existing in respective markets. These players focus on leveraging the growing adoption of on-site processing equipment in Europe, ensued by high mechanization rates, which have driven the demand for skidders, harvesters, and forwarders in the region. On the other hand, adoption of feller bunchers, forwarders, and harvesters in North America is significantly driven by the uptick in roundwood production, rising replacement product sales, and adoption of cut-to-length logging methods.
The study states that success rate for players in the forestry machinery market remains modest in developed markets, wherein ROI is average and competition remains high. On the contrary, developing markets present relatively higher ROI and success rate for players, as adoption of precision forestry and mechanized practices grow, and competition remains comparatively low in these markets.
For more intelligence on the competition landscape of the forestry machinery market, request for the report sample
Key Growth Determinants of the Forestry Machinery Market
- Growing demand for wood and wood products, abreast the paradigm shift to mechanized processes for felling forest trees, have significantly upheld the demand for forestry machinery. Additionally, policies apropos of afforestation, in lieu of deforestation, have further led the adoption of forestry machinery for ‘thinning’ process that promotes environment sustainability by improving forest health.
- Growing food demand worldwide has resulted in aggressive cultivation activities, in turn leading to conversion of forest lands into arable lands. This has further led to adoption of mechanized practices, creating a significant demand for forestry machinery.
- Ongoing development plans formulated to boost the forestry industry in key countries, such as China and Indonesia, are further driving demand for relevant solutions, such as forestry machinery, and equipment.
- Demand for high productivity in harvesting processes has led to robust adoption of mechanization methods and automation technologies, which in turn has driven sales of forwarders, harvesters and loaders. Forestry machinery manufacturers have developed and introduced machines that are capable of cutting nearly 100 logs per hour.
- Growing focus of leading players in the forestry machinery market in new product launches, such as harvester designed for high production applications, demanding operations, and extreme terrain conditions, are expected to augur well for growth of the forestry machinery market in the upcoming years.
For more details regarding key growth determinants of the forestry machinery market, request for the report sample
Key Challenges in Forestry Machinery Market
- High initial investment continues to remain a key concern among harvesters, which has constrained adoption of new equipment to affluent end-users, while preference remains strong for rental equipment among others.
- Forestry machinery are subjected to periodic maintenance for smooth operations, which in turn generates significant overheads and overall rise in the complete project cost. Additionally, the challenges of maintaining international cost competitiveness remains a key concern for forestry machinery vendors.
- Compliance to a number of regulatory mandates, which extends the time for approval of product launches in the market, is another key aspect undermining the demand for forestry machinery.
Forwarders Remain ‘Top-Selling’ Category, Accounting for Over 25% Sales
The study opines that forwarders continue to witness a relatively higher demand compared to other forestry machinery, owing to demand for improved and fast transit of logged woods from forests to stock areas. Manufacturer efforts to improved worker safety, working efficiency, convenience, and durability of forwarders, are further underpinning their sales. Sales of forwarders currently account for leading shares of the market - upward of 25%, and the status quo is expected to endure in the foreseeable future. . Growing number of contracts between the forestry machinery manufacturers and harvesters, continue to pave opportunities for the market players.
The forestry machinery market report offers readers with a detailed evaluation of the market with the help of market value and forecasts formulated on the basis of a validated and effective research methodology. The detailed research is based on thoroughly evaluated primary and secondary data by the experienced analysts at Fact.MR, further adding value to the forestry machinery market report. This market study acts as a vital business tool that is an authentic source of information for the businesses looking to expand in the forestry machinery market. The exclusive forestry machinery market insights allow stakeholders to take informed decision and articulate key long-term growth strategies for the growth of their businesses.
Request Research Methodology of this Report.
The extensive research study published by Fact.MR provides actionable insights pertaining to the forestry machinery market along with a long-term overview of the market for the period of 2018 to 2028. The report focuses on providing the readers with a detailed perspective of the market and helping businesses in making informed decisions for the long term success. The main objective of the forestry machinery market study is to provide a detailed understanding of future opportunities and scope of the global forestry machinery market.
Chapter 1. Executive Summary
This chapter providers a brief summary of the key findings pertaining to the forestry machinery market, along with the inclusion of essential historical and forecast statistics. The chapter also discusses the key trends in the forestry machinery market from both, supply and demand side that have been assessed for the readers to provide an enhanced view of the market prospects.
Chapter 2. Market Overview
This section of the report provides a concise introduction to the forestry machinery market along with a market definition and taxonomy. Along with this, this section also discusses the scope and limitations of the forestry machinery market.
Chapter 3. Key Market Trends
This section outlines the key industry trends shaping the future of the forestry machinery market. The detailed understanding of impact of these industry trends on the overall growth of the forestry machinery market further enables the reader to gain exclusive forestry machinery market insights.
Chapter 4. Market Background
This chapter offers a detailed understanding of the forestry machinery market background. This chapter involves the outlook of the forestry sector in terms of investments, key regions, and areas available for harvesting. Furthermore, the evaluation of macro-economic factors and their impact on the overall forestry machinery market growth is also discussed in this chapter. Apart from this, the chapter highlights the forecast factors, key forestry machinery market dynamics, and a detailed supply chain analysis.
Chapter 5. Forestry Machinery Market - Pricing Analysis
This section of the forestry machinery market report explains the pricing of the product and offers an in-depth assessment based on the type of machine. To help the readers in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the product pricing, the forestry machinery market study offers a pricing break-up with a global average pricing assessment benchmark.
Chapter 6. Forestry Machinery Market Analysis & Forecast
The section compiles the analysis and forecast of the forestry machinery market. The study evaluates the market on the basis of market size and volume. The chapter also includes an assessment of the Y-o-Y growth trend and absolute dollar analysis to help the report audience gain a holistic perspective of the market.
Chapter 7. Forestry Machinery Market Segmentation Analysis by Machine Type
This chapter includes a segmentation analysis of the global forestry machinery market. The first section covers the segmentation of the global forestry machinery market on the basis of machine type. The chapter begins with an introduction followed by a historical and current market analysis in terms of market value and volume and concludes with the market forecast with respect to the segment.
Chapter 8. Forestry Machinery Market Segmentation Analysis by Region
This chapter offers a detailed analysis of the key regions across which the global forestry machinery market is operated. The chapter offers an overview of the regional markets along with key findings regarding the regions. The historical and current market assessment in terms of market value and volume and the forecast of the forestry machinery market by region further boosts the credibility of the research report.
Chapter 9. North America Forestry Machinery Market
The detailed assessment of the forestry machinery market in North America is discussed in this chapter. The key developments, trends, and factors influencing growth are included in the section with a detailed, country-level assessment, allowing readers to gain an extensive understanding of the North American forestry machinery market.
Chapter 10. Latin America Forestry Machinery Market
The detailed assessment of the forestry machinery market in Latin America is discussed in this chapter. The section also includes key developments, trends, and factors influencing growth with a detailed, country-level assessment, allowing readers to gain an extensive understanding of the forestry machinery market in Latin America.
Chapter 11. Europe Forestry Machinery Market
The thorough analysis of the European forestry machinery market includes key developments, industry trends, and factors stimulating growth in Europe The chapter compiles a detailed, country-wise assessment, giving clients a comprehensive overview of the forestry machinery market in Europe.
Chapter 12. East- Asia Forestry Machinery Market
The analysis of the forestry machinery market in East Asia is included in this report. The chapter discusses the historical and current market scenario, pricing, trends, key developments, and growth drivers in the region along with an in-depth, country-wise evaluation of the forestry machinery market in East Asia.
Chapter 13. South Asia Forestry Machinery Market
The assessment of the forestry machinery market in South Asia is provided in this report. The chapter discusses the key factors and historical and current market scenario, which are likely to influence the growth in the region along with a detailed, country-level analysis of the forestry machinery market in South Asia.
Chapter 14. Oceania Forestry Machinery Market
The Oceania forestry market evaluation is included in this report. This chapter discusses the pricing in the region along with key growth drivers, historical and current market scenario, trends, and developments in the region supported by a country-wise assessment of the forestry machinery market in Oceania.
Chapter 15. Middle East and Africa Forestry Machinery Market
The analysis of the forestry machinery market in Middle East is provided in this section of the study. The chapter discusses the various factors governing the forestry machinery market in the region and offers a detailed country-wise evaluation of the Middle East market for forestry machinery.
Chapter 16. India Forestry Machinery Market
The forestry machinery market in India is also evaluated in detail along with the key developments, pricing, historical and current market scenario, key industry trends, and growth drivers in the region.
Chapter 17. China Forestry Machinery Market
The forestry machinery market in China is also evaluated with respect to historical and current market scenario in detail along with the key developments, pricing, industry trends, and growth drivers in the region.
Chapter 18. Indonesia Forestry Machinery Market
This section sheds light on the opportunities in the forestry machinery market in Indonesia with the help of a detailed evaluation supported by the discussion on key developments, pricing, historical and current market scenario, key industry trends, and growth drivers in the region.
Chapter 19. Competition Analysis
This section of the forestry machinery market study provides a detailed assessment of the forestry machinery market competitive structure. The inclusion of a unique dashboard view of the prominent competitors in the forestry machinery market allows readers to gain a brief overview of the key companies operating in the market. This chapter also includes the company share analysis of the key competitors in the forestry machinery market and the recent developments made by the market players.
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions