Biochar Market in Numbers
- Biochar market was valued at US$ 4.2 Mn in 2018, and the sales are primarily driven by its growing use as charcoal alternative and widening applicability in electricity and power generation. Non-energy applications also remain a major booster to biochar sales.
- The biochar market is estimated to register ~14% CAGR during 2019-2029, in line with carbon sequestration and water retention properties of biochar, driving its applications in the agriculture industry.
- Burgeoning environmental concerns and growing availability of inexpensive feedstock have been creating significant demand for biochar, particularly in North America, which continues to spearhead the global biochar market.
- South Asia is envisaged to be the high-growth regional market for stakeholders, with gains mainly poured in by the proliferating biofuel sector in the region.
For an amplified view of the global biochar industry landscape, request a free report sample
Biochar Market – Competition Landscape
The global landscape of biochar market continues to represent a highly fragmented competition structure, and a majority of revenue shares are held by a wide pool of several unorganized players. Companies, such as Carbon Gold Ltd., Biochar Now LLC, Genesis Industries LLC, Biochar Supreme LLC, and Diacarbon Energy Inc., are currently leading the way, and continue to dedicate their strategies to the innovation of competitively priced, as well as energy-efficiency variants.
As low-emission low-cost biochar products have been recently capturing the attention of participants in the biochar market, it is highly likely that companies will remain adhered to advanced production techniques for a variety of economical substitutes for activated carbon applications. Industry stakeholders are also eyeing gains out of the biochar application in limiting compost greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and odors, and hydrogen sulfide sorption in wastewater treatment.
A large number of market players are leveraging their R&D capabilities to explore the potential application of biochar in the generation of electricity, and nutrition retention of soil. In view of the potential application and eventual demand for biochar in solving dry land issues, such as acidified soils and drought related problems, stakeholders are investing efforts in creating awareness among the farmers, to unlock new opportunistic avenues in the market. Additionally, the shifting focus of companies on capitalizing on the growing application of biochar in water conservation points to an influx of opportunities in the competition landscape.
For more incisive insights into the biochar market, request the report sample
Biochar Market - Key Growth Influencers
- Biochar possesses abilities to improve the infiltrating precipitation in the non-irrigated dry-land production areas, which continues to uplift the scope of penetration, for biochar.
- Biochar has been a perceived as a potential soil health enhancer, and the escalating demand for effective soil conditioning agents continues to pace up the gains for the biochar market.
- Biochar and related products have been recently witnessing substantial traction as a viable substitute for boosting soil’s carbon content, eventually resulting in rich soil fertility.
- The rising regulatory check on the non-therapeutic use of antibiotics, particularly within the poultry sector, continues to create significant adoption opportunities for biochar. When used as a feed additive or supplement, biochar serves to prevent infections and effectively conveys the growth and performance benefits.
- Though the use of biochar in building materials, plastics recycling, and as a carbon black alternative is currently at its nascent stage, its industrial applications are likely to grow as government agencies continue to undertake research in this area.
- Potential adoption of biochar as a sorbent in processes that are aimed at immobilizing the residues of bacteriostatic antibiotics, and pharmaceuticals, for instance sulfamethoxazole from sewage, holds significant growth potential for stakeholders.
- Growing interest of market players in developing biochar into novel products that are based on its unique chemical properties is likely to uphold sales. For an instance, biochar makes a viable substitute for activated carbon which is widely used in wastewater treatment facilities to help absorb potential contaminants and reduce odors.
- With potential abilities to be used as a potential tool to slash down soil nitrogen leaching and thereby achieve reduced nitrogen loss from soils in croplands, biochar holds the promise to be a part of soil amendment solutions that target improved N availability in soils. However, the spatial variability and extent of this functionality of biochar at a global level still remain unclear.
For more intelligence into the biochar market, request for the report sample
Key Challenges Faced by Stakeholders in Biochar Market
- Biochar’s expensive price point remains a significant challenge to the biochar market development, alongside fundamental structural barriers, such as lack of capital for producers, an immature carbon market, and shorter timelines for mine land remediation bonds.
- Lack of efficient technology for low emission biochar production, particularly for remote or mobile production, has been impeding the market growth prospects over the recent past.
- While biochar commercialization is still in its early stages, this hard selling asset lacks consistency and standardization, which continues to impede the growth of the market.
- Severing concerns about unsustainable production process of biochar will remain among the prominent factors responsible for to hamper hampering the growth potential of stakeholders.
To garner additional information on the competitive dynamics of biochar market, get the sample of this report
Biochar Market – Additional Insight
Does Biochar Promise to Help Mitigate Climate Changes?
Growing awareness about the carbon negative nature of pyrolysis-derived biochar is creating fresh growth avenues for stakeholders. The potential role of this bichar system derived by the process of pyrolysis is being increasingly viewed as a potential tool to mitigate climate change, by restoring plant based carbon in a stabilized form in soil to prevent decomposition. Though the consensus revolving around the effectiveness of soil biochar amendments in eradicating CO2 from the atmosphere continues to grow, its chemical properties and net carbon footprint are widely variable.
An authentic methodology, coupled with a holistic approach, lays the base for the actionable insights mentioned in the biochar market for the time frame, 2019-2029. The Fact.MR report provides comprehensive information about the future opportunistic value of biochar market along with enthralling insights into the forecast analysis of the market.
Intensive primary and secondary research has been employed to garner riveting insights into the projection analysis of biochar market market. The report on biochar market has further undergone various cross-validation tunnels to ensure that the report carries one-of-its-kind and exclusive information for the readers.
A recently compiled report of Fact.MR, titled “Biochar Market Forecast, Trend Analysis & Competition Tracking – Global Market Insights 2019-2029,” offers an in-depth analysis on the biochar market worldwide. Size of the biochar market has been studies in detail and is provided in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (tons). The report also gives an in-depth analysis and projection on the various segments and the competitive landscape of the biochar market.
Chapter 1 - Biochar Market Executive Summary
A concise summary of the biochar market is provided in the first chapter of the report, which offers a synopsis of significant findings in the market, and information on the market structure. Opportunity assessment for various companies operating in the biochar market has been given with the aid of Wheel of Fortune. Key trends that are impacting the biochar market growth have also been mention in this section of the report.
Chapter 2- Biochar Market Overview
The report offers succinct overview of the biochar market, which includes the introduction and the definition of the key product- biochar. A systematic breakdown of the biochar market has been done in this part of the report.
Chapter 3- Biochar Key Market Trends
This section of the report gives information about the key trends that are impacting the growth of the growth of the market. The exclusive development trends in the biochar market are also provided in detail in this section of the report.
Chapter 4- Biochar Market Background
This chapter of the biochar market report brings the spotlight on the market background, wherein various determinants that have been shaping the dynamics of biochar market have been discussed comprehensively. This section also sheds light on the application potential of biochar to assist the readers analyze the growth of biochar market.
Chapter 5- Global Biochar Market Demand Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019-2029
The exhaustive analysis and projection of biochar market has been given in this chapter of the report and its sub-sections. Vital numbers, including the historical, current and forecast size of the biochar market in terms of volume are enumerated in the fifth chapter of the report.
Chapter 6-Global Biochar Market - Pricing Analysis
This section of the report presents the incisive pricing analysis of biochar market in various regions. A comprehensive overview of the pricing structure till 2029 and imperative factors that are shaping the pricing analysis of the market are mentioned in the report.
Chapter 7- Global Biochar Market Demand (US$ Mn) Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast, 2019-2029
Comprehensive analysis and forecast on biochar market has been provided in detail in this chapter of the report and its sub-sections. Important numbers, such as the historical, current and forecast size of the biochar market are presented in terms of value in this chapter of the report.
Chapter 8- Global Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Technology
This chapter of the report on biochar market gives information regarding the key market particulars, breakdown and opportunistic potential of the market based on technology. On the basis of technology, the biochar market is bifurcated into pyrolysis, gasification, and hydrothermal carbonization.
Chapter 9- Global Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Application
This chapter of the report on biochar market gives information regarding the key market particulars, breakdown and opportunistic potential of the market based on application. Based on application, the biochar market is bifurcated into Livestock farming, farming, electricity generation, and others.
Chapter 10- Global Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029, by Region
This part of the report on biochar market offers information regarding the market particulars, breakdown and projection of the industry on the basis of region.
Chapter 11 - North America Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This part of the report on biochar market offers actionable insights about North America biochar market, and also provides information about the regional trends that are shaping the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 12 – Latin America Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This part of the report on biochar market offers actionable insights about Latin America biochar market, and also provides information about the regional trends that are shaping the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 13 – Europe Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This part of the report on biochar market offers actionable insights about Europe biochar market, and also provides information about the regional trends that are shaping the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 14 – East Asia Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This chapter of the biochar market report offers actionable insights about East Asia biochar market, and also provides information about the regional trends that are shaping the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 15 – South Asia Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This section of the report on biochar market provides incisive insights about South Asia biochar market, and also sheds light on the regional trends that are impacting the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 16 – Oceania Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This chapter of the report on biochar market presents actionable insights about Oceania biochar market, and also offers regional trends that are shaping the growth of the market in this region.
Chapter 17 – Middle East & Africa Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
This part of the report on biochar market sheds light on the valuable insights about Middle East & Africa, and also provides regional trends that are impacting the growth prospects of the market in the region.
Chapter 18 – Emerging Countries Biochar Market Analysis 2014-2018 and Forecast 2019-2029
In this chapter of biochar market report, analysts provide actionable insights about emerging counties, and also sheds light on the region-wise trends that are shaping the growth potential of the market in the India and Brazil.
Chapter 19 – Market Structure Analysis
This chapter of the report on the market structure analysis of biochar market offers a detailed outlook of the competition dashboard and market structure, along with company share analysis. The report also enlists the established and spearheading players operating in the market.
Chapter 20 - Company Profiles
This significant chapter of the report presents detailed assessment of the biochar market’s structure, and covers company profiles of all the players operating in the market. Key companies profiled in the biochar market report include-
- Genesis Industries LLC
- Biochar Supreme LLC
- Vega Biofuels, Inc.
- CharGrow USA LLC
- Pacific Biochar Benefit Corporation
- Full Circle Biochar
- Diacarbon Energy Inc.
- Biochar Now LLC
- Earth Systems Pty Ltd
- Cool Planet Energy Systems, Inc.
- Carbon Gold Ltd.
- Terra Char
Fact.MR offers custom research services that help clients to get specific research solutions
We are committed towards customer satisfaction and quality service.