Compounds showcasing vitamin E activity and having saturated isoprenoid side chains are known as tocopherol. Tocopherols are organic chemical compounds with natural availability. With widespread acceptance from the regulatory authorities, tocopherol has become the primary source of vitamin E in animals and humans alike. For instance, the US Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) is 15 mg/day for adults. Among product types, the alpha tocopherol are much more prominent due to its large scale availability.
Tocopherol Market Dynamics
With the rising health concern and awareness of essential ingredients and minimal side effects of the same, the market for tocopherol is witnessing a higher growth. Having natural occurrences, it comprises of a significant proportion in the human diet and hence, vitamin E deficiency is rare. However, in cases with vitamin E deficiency, the low cost of tocopherol supplements act as a driving factor for the growth of the market. Rising concern over animal health is creating a demand for tocopherol as it eliminates the risk of malnutrition and protects them from pathogen.
One of the factors restricting the growth of tocopherol market is the prevalence of well – publicized studies stating negligible or negative effects of heavy intake of vitamin E supplements. This has caused a sudden plunge in the consumption of vitamin E, hence causing a dip in the sales of tocopherol as well.
The rising prominence of tocotrienols, another class of compounds under the vitamin E family, can be considered to be the primary threat to the tocopherol market. With health benefits such as improved markers of heart disease, benefit over diabetes in animal models as well as human studies, among others, give tocotrienols a competitive edge over tocopherol. However, while the tocotrienols being much prominent in the research fraternity and accounting for a lesser proportion in the global vitamin E market, it is not expected to act as an obstacle to the tocopherol market in the short term forecast period but can act as a potential threat in the second half of the forecast period.
In order to enhance their geographical reach, the manufacturers are noted to upgrade their manufacturing capabilities. Additionally, some manufacturers are also witnessed to enter Joint Ventures in an attempt to strengthen their supply chain footprint, enable locally produced tocopherol and reduce competition leading to the consolidation in the market.
Tocopherol Market Segmentation
The global tocopherol market can be segmented on the basis of product type, source, form, purity and end use.
On the basis of product type, the global tocopherol market can be segmented into:
- Alpha – Tocopherol
- Beta – Tocopherol
- Gamma – Tocopherol
- Delta – Tocopherol
- Mixed Tocopherol
On the basis of source, the global tocopherol market can be segmented into:
- Soybean Oil
- Rapeseed Oil
- Corn Oil
- Sunflower Oil
On the basis of form, the global tocopherol market can be segmented into:
- Liquid or Oil
On the basis of purity, the global tocopherol market can be segmented into:
- < 30% Tocopherol
- 30 – 50% Tocopherol
- 50 – 70% Tocopherol
- 70 – 90% Tocopherol
- >90% Tocopherol
On the basis of end use, the global tocopherol market can be segmented into:
- Food and Beverage
- Dietary Supplement
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Tocopherol Market: Regional Outlook
On a regional front, the tocopherol market is segmented in seven prominent regions: North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa. Among these, the consumption of alpha – tocopherol is noted to be higher in the Europe region whereas the consumption of gamma – tocopherol is estimated to be on a higher side in the countries of North America. The overall consumption of tocopherol is estimated to remain on a higher side in North America followed by the countries of Europe. The countries of Asia Pacific are anticipated to witness an above average growth rate over the forecast period. Regions such as Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to contribute a significant proportion in the global market.
Tocopherol Market Key Participants:
Some of the market participants in the global tocopherol market identified across the value chain include BASF SE, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Matrix Fine Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Fairchem Speciality Limited, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Avanscure Lifesciences Private Limited, Organic Technologies, among others.
The Tocopherol research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Tocopherol market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The Tocopherol research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, scaffold type, position, number of points and number of tiers.
The Tocopherol report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Tocopherol Market Segments
- Tocopherol Market Dynamics
- Tocopherol Market Size
- Tocopherol Market Supply & Demand Scenario
- Tocopherol Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Tocopherol Market Competition & Companies Involved
- Tocopherol Market Value Chain
Regional Analysis for Tocopherol Market includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of South Asia)
- East Asia (Japan, China, South Korea)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Tocopherol report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Tocopherol report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Tocopherol report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Tocopherol Report Highlights:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing Tocopherol market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Tocopherol market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected Tocopherol market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for Tocopherol market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of the company
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development