Ciclopirox Market Analysis, By Form (Powder form, Liquid form), By Purity, By End Product (Lotion, Cream, Ointment, Gel, Shampoo) and by Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of Ciclopirox Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
Ciclopirox Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
Based on the analysis by Fact.MR, the Global ciclopirox market is estimated to be valued at US$ 11.8 Million in 2023 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% to reach US$ 19.5 Million by the end of 2033.
The rising awareness among people about their hygiene, the increasing number of fungal infections in our surroundings, and the rising demand for anti-fungal treatments are the major drivers of the ciclopirox market. Along with all these factors the change in lifestyle of people, the growing population, and the sudden awareness about healthcare in people also contributes to the overall market expansion of the ciclopirox market.
Ciclopirox Market Size (2022A)
US$ 11.2 Million
Estimated Market Value (2023E)
US$ 11.8 Million
Forecasted Market Value (2033F)
US$ 19.5 Million
Global Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
US Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Historical and Future Pathway Analysis for the Ciclopirox Market
Ciclopirox is significantly used as a medication for the treatment of fungal infection in the pharmaceutical industry and is also known as an antifungal agent. Ciclopirox helps in the cure of a variety of fungal infections like (ringworm, nail fungus, and athlete’s foot). It is available in two different forms one is the cream-based form and the other is the powdered form.
In recent years, the ciclopirox market has seen significant market expansion and it is expected that this trend will further continue in the future also.
- Short-term (2023-26): In the shorter term, since the popularity of online sales has increased a lot, people will be more inclined to buy generic medications like ciclopirox directly from online platforms only, for the cure of different types of fungal infections. So there will be steady growth for the ciclopirox market in the shorter period.
- Medium-term (2026-29): In the medium term, the overall market demand for ciclopirox is estimated to grow, due to the lifestyle changes in people, the aging population around us, medical conditions like diabetes, and the increase in the use of antibiotics.
- Long-term (2029-33): In the longer term, overall research and development will increase. Most of the dominant players in the market will invest more in research and development and try to find unique solutions and innovations in the ciclopirox market.
On the back of the aforementioned findings, the ciclopirox market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period from 2023-2033, According to the Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Market Dynamics Outlook
“Rapid Increase of the Population Will Lead to an Increase in the Demand of Ciclopirox”
The overall population around us is continuously increasing and it is expected that the total global population will reach 8.5 billion by 2030. With the increase in population, there will be an increased demand for healthcare products also. Ciclopirox is a very common medication for fungal-related infections, and the expanding population is expected to drive the overall growth of the market.
With an increase in the overall population, the basic awareness among people about personal hygiene is also expected to rise substantially, and the demand for anti-fungal products is expected to grow as people will start to be more aware of the importance of personal hygiene leading to an increase in the demand of the ciclopirox.
“Changing Lifestyle of People Will See a Rising Demand for the Ciclopirox Market”
More and more people nowadays are going outside for various work as compared to the number of people in the pandemic days. People now are more exposed to different types of fungal infections due to the change in their lifestyles.
There is a rising sense of awareness among people about the different global issues that this world is facing, because of which more people are nowadays using different forms of public transportation to prevent carbon emissions. This in turn increases the chances of the spreading of different transmissible diseases, fungal infections being one of them. All these changes in the lifestyle of people will drive the market for ciclopirox, as it is one of the best available medications for the treatment of different types of fungal infections.
“High Cost Pose a Barrier to Market Expansion”
Ciclopirox products are relatively very much expensive if compared to their other alternatives, this creates a major barrier to the market expansion of ciclopirox. Fungal infections are such kind of a disease that mostly occurs in people who lack basic hygiene knowledge and are mostly exposed to unhealthy practices, so for them, affordability is one of the biggest factors when choosing the right medication.
For Ciclopirox products, it is a very tough process to get regulatory approval, and because of this, the process becomes very lengthy and expensive. This creates a challenge for the manufacturing companies to create new ciclopirox products at a cheaper price and hence, the ciclopirox products are expensive in general, causing a market barrier for further expansion.
“Rising Competition From Alternative Antifungal Agents”
There are several different antifungal agents available in the market for the treatment of fungal infections, and because of the many choices, it will pose a major barrier to the market expansion of ciclopirox.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
Why is China’s Ciclopirox Market Growing so rapidly?
China is one of the fast-growing markets for ciclopirox and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8%, to reach a total valuation of US$ 3.6 Million by the end of 2033.
Due to the increasing population in China, the chances of suffering from fungal infections are very high. About 18% of the total population in China was found to be 60 years and older in 2020 and it is expected that this percentage will increase in the upcoming years. With the aging population the chances of suffering from fungal infection increases which drives the entire ciclopirox market.
The rise in the disposable income of the population and the entire development of the e-commerce space in China is also responsible for the growing ciclopirox market. The ease with which the ciclopirox medication can be bought in different online stores is also helping the overall market to grow, as people now prefer to buy products online more than traditional brick-and-mortar sales.
What are the Factors Driving the Ciclopirox Market Demand Across U.S.?
America has witnessed various incidences of burn damage in the last few years and there has been a high prevalence of skin diseases which is increasing at a very quicker rate in that entire region, which is responsible for causing various fungal infections.
Due to the increase in global warming, the overall temperature in the U.S. has significantly increased, and as people in that region are not used to such high temperatures, the prevalence of fungal infections is also increasing. With the increase in fungal infections, the demand for ciclopirox is growing in the entire U.S. region
The growing awareness of personal hygiene is also responsible for the ciclopirox market to grow substantially.
Why are the Cream-Based Products so Much Popular in the Ciclopirox Market?
Creams are the most popular choice of product that is used for the treatment of fungal infections or any other kind of infection. There are several factors involved in the popularity of the cream-based product in comparison to any other product.
- Purchase convenience: Cream-based products are very easily available almost everywhere without any hassle. One can easily purchase the cream-based ciclopirox product over-the-counter (OTC), which means one doesn’t require any proper prescription to buy the product. These products are also available in different online stores as well, which makes the purchase process very much convenient.
- Cost: If we compare the cream-based products, to any other type of products (ointments, lotions, gels, shampoos), the cream-based product is very affordable, hence it caters to a large number of audiences.
- Side effects: Creams are very less likely to cause any major side effects as compared to other forms of products, as creams are not directly consumed into the body of the patient, it is just the outer layer that is applied on the body for the cure. In the case of cream-based products the concentration is also less as compared to other product forms.
- Ease of application: Creams are in general very easy to apply, they come in tube bottles with pump dispensers, making them easy to extract and can be easily applied on the affected area.
What are the applications of the different forms of purity in the ciclopirox market?
Not every Ciclopirox product is created with equal forms of purity. There are two different forms of purity, one is high (<98%), and the other is low (>98%). The different forms of purity have different applications of use.
- High purity (<98%) ciclopirox: High purity ciclopirox is used to treat several different types of funguses (nail fungus, athletic foot, ringworm). The high-purity concentrate is more effective at killing the fungus and it also helps to prevent the fungal infections from spreading to people who are at high risk of developing them. This concentrate is also less prone to cause any major side effects.
- Low purity (>98%) ciclopirox: Less purity ciclopirox is very less commonly used, and it is generally used to treat only mild fungal infections. It is not very effective at killing fungal infections as compared to high-purity ciclopirox.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
The prominent players in the ciclopirox market are Kumar Organic Products Limited, Pharmaffiliates, Seqens Group, Fengchen Group Co., Ltd, MuseChem Chemicals, B JOSHI AGROCHEM PHARMA, Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
The majority of producers in the ciclopirox market, place a strong emphasis on innovation and ongoing product development while spending a lot of money on research and development to bring new products to market. The goal is to create new products that may be safer, more effective, or have fewer side effects.
Geographic expansion is another important business move that the leading players are considering. The business gains a lot from regional growth in terms of growing its market share, and it also benefits those who need the supply.
Fact.MR has provided detailed information about the price points of key manufacturers of ciclopirox positioned across regions, sales growth, production capacity, and speculative technological expansion, in the recently published report.
Segmentation of Ciclopirox Industry Research
By Form :
- Powder form
- Liquid form
By Purity :
- High (<98%)
- Low (>98%)
By End Product :
By Region :
- North America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
The global ciclopirox market was valued at US$ 11.2 Million in 2022.
Prominent players in the ciclopirox market are Kumar Organic Products Limited, Pharmaffiliates, Seqens Group, Fengchen Group Co., Ltd, MuseChem Chemicals, B JOSHI AGROCHEM PHARMA, Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
The market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 19.5 Million in 2033.
The historical growth rate of the ciclopirox market was 3.6% from 2018-2022.
The US market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 6.0 Million in 2033.
The Chinese market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 3.6 Million in 2033.
The CAGR in the cream-based product formation of the ciclopirox market is expected to grow by 5.3% during the assessment period 2023-33.