High Silica Fiber Market
High Silica Fiber Market Analysis, By Product Type (Fabrics, Sleeves, Ropes, Felts, Tapes, Others), By Application, and By Region - Global Market Insights 2023 to 2033
Analysis of High Silica Fiber Market Covering 30+ Countries Including Analysis of US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Nordics, GCC countries, Japan, Korea and many more
High Silica Fiber Market Outlook for 2023-2033
The global high silica fiber market is estimated to be valued at US$ 1.4 billion in 2023 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% to reach US$ 3.6 billion by the end of 2033.
High silica fiber finds multiple applications in the automotive, telecommunication, electronics, and aerospace industries due to its superior heat resistance, which bolsters market growth.
Market Size (2022A)
US$ 1.3 Billion
Estimated Market Value (2023E)
US$ 1.4 Billion
Forecasted Market Value (2033F)
US$ 3.6 Billion
Global Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
East Asia Market Share (2023)
China Market Growth Rate (2023-2033)
Key Companies Profiled
Don't Need a Global Report?
save 40%! on Country & Region specific reports
Historic and Future Pathway Analysis for the High Silica Fiber Market
High silica fiber contains more than 96% of silica. It can withstand a continuous temperature of over 1000°c without undergoing dimensional changes. It also carries good chemical resistance, especially to acids. Due to all of these properties, high silica fibers are widely used for the thermal protection of circular items and are used in metallurgical, aerospace, rocket engines, gas turbine, nuclear power, the petrochemical industry, and electricity generation.
- Short Term (2023-2026): Mounting end-use industries across the globe are anticipated to drive the market during the projection period.
- Medium Term (2026-2029): Growth in industries such as construction, automotive, and aerospace around the Asia Pacific region is driving the demand for high silica fiber
- Long Term (2029-2033): Market players are adopting numerous ground-breaking strategies to remain competitive in the market. Further, production capacity expansion to spur the growth outlook for the high silica fiber market.
On the back of the aforementioned facts, the high silica fiber market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period from 2023-2033, According to the Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider.
Market share analysis of high silica fiber based on product type and region is provided in a nutshell in the above image. Under the product type segment, the fabrics sub-segment dominates with a 37.6% market share in 2023.
Market Dynamics Outlook
“Rising Construction Industry around the Globe Has Led to an Increase in High Silica Fiber Demand”
High silica fiber is used in high-temperature heat insulation and in multiple electronics applications in buildings. Developing countries such as China, India, Brazil, and some of the countries from the European Union have seen rapid growth in the construction industry in recent years. The construction sector is considered the backbone of a country’s economy. It plays a crucial role in the growth of the economy.
- China’s total spending on infrastructure in 2021 was over US$ 650 billion. Further, the United States spent about US$ 90 billion over infrastructure development.
- Similarly, India has spent US$ 12 billion on infrastructure in 2021. These countries have spent over 5% of the country’s GDP on the infrastructure sector between 2015-22.
This is expected to boost the demand for high silica fiber in the coming years, as it is used in high-temperature heat insulation and in multiple electronics applications in buildings.
“Factors Affecting the Growth of the High Silica Fiber Market”
High silica fiber is relatively expensive compared to other insulation materials such as fiberglass insulation, mineral wool insulation, and others which can be a limiting factor for some applications. In addition, high silica fiber has high thermal conductivity, however, alternatives are available in the market such as carbon fiber composite materials, which limits the market growth.
Further, high silica fiber can be brittle and may break more easily than other materials, which can be a concern for applications where there is a risk of mechanical stress or impact. Such factors restrain the growth of the market.
More Insights, Lesser Cost (-50% off)
Insights on import/export production,
pricing analysis, and more – Only @ Fact.MR
What are the Factors Driving High Silica Fiber Demand Across China?
With the increasing demand for high-temperature insulation, high silica fiber is gaining traction across China. It is a high-temperature insulation material that can withstand extreme temperatures.
With the growth of various high-temperature witnessing or releasing industries such as aerospace, automotive, and power generation in China, the demand for high-temperature insulation materials like high silica fiber is accelerating.
Further, the demand for energy-efficient buildings is increasing in China due to rising energy costs and government regulations coupled with concerns about climate change.
- For instance, according to the 14th Five-Year Plan for Energy Conservation and Emission Reduction released by the Chinese government in March 2021, China aims to increase the proportion of green buildings in newly constructed buildings to 65% by 2025.
- The plan also sets targets for reducing energy consumption per unit area in buildings by 14% by 2025 compared to 2020 levels.
Owing to this high silica fiber is expected to witness immense growth during the forecast period as high silica fiber is used as insulation material in building walls and roofs to improve thermal insulation and reduce energy consumption.
Why Russia’s High Silica Fiber Market is Flourishing?
Russia has a significant presence in the oil and gas industry, and high silica fiber is used in various applications such as furnace lining, gaskets, and heat shields in this industry. The demand for high silica fiber in these applications is expected to drive the overall demand in the country.
High silica fiber is also considered to be a safer and more environmentally friendly insulation material compared to other materials like asbestos. With the increasing awareness about safety and environmental regulations in Russia, the demand for high silica fiber as a replacement for hazardous insulation materials is increasing.
Russian government has launched various initiatives to promote the development of high-temperature insulation materials like high silica fiber. For instance, the Russian government is providing financial support to companies and research institutions engaged in the development of high-temperature insulation materials.
- For instance, in 2021, the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade announced a grant program to support the development of innovative technologies, including high-temperature insulation materials, in the chemical and petrochemical industries.
- Further, in 2020, the Russian government announced a strategy for the development of the chemical and petrochemical industries until 2035, which includes a focus on enhancing the energy efficiency of these industries.
- The strategy includes measures to promote the use of high-temperature insulation materials, among other energy-efficient technologies, to reduce energy consumption and increase the competitiveness of the industries.
These initiatives coupled with subsidies, tax incentives, and investment in research and development, are expected to drive the demand for high silica fiber in the country.
Why Do High Silica Fabrics Have Major Share in The High Silica Fiber Market?
High silica fabrics are made from high-quality silica fibers that have been processed to form a flexible, lightweight, and high-strength material. These fabrics are highly resistant to heat and fire and can withstand temperatures of up to 1200°C.
High silica fabrics are used in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, and industrial applications. They are commonly used in the production of insulation blankets, protective clothing, and heat shields. High silica fabrics are also used in the manufacture of welding blankets, furnace curtains, and other high-temperature applications.
The high demand for high silica fabrics is also driven by their excellent thermal insulation properties. High silica fabrics provide superior insulation, which helps to reduce heat loss and improve energy efficiency. They also have good sound insulation properties, making them ideal for use in applications where noise reduction is important.
How Does the Furnaces and Refractories Insulation Application of High Silica Fiber Drive the Market?
High silica fibers are widely used in furnaces and refractories insulation applications because of their excellent thermal insulation properties and ability to withstand high temperatures. Furnaces and refractories are used in a wide range of industries, including steelmaking, glass production, and chemical processing. These industries require materials that can withstand high temperatures, and high silica fibers are a popular choice for insulation in these applications.
High silica fibers can be used in various forms, including blankets, mats, boards, and papers, which can be easily installed in furnaces and refractories. High silica fibers are also resistant to chemical corrosion and have excellent mechanical properties, making them ideal for use in harsh environments.
The increasing demand for energy-efficient and environmentally friendly solutions has led to the growth of the high silica fiber market in the furnace and refractories insulation application segment. In addition, the growth of the steel and glass industries has also contributed to the demand for high silica fiber-based insulation materials.
Know thy Competitors
Competitive landscape highlights only certain players
Complete list available upon request
Eminent Player’s Key Stratagems
Eminent high silica fiber manufacturers are CJSC RLB Silika, Hantai New Materials, Hebei Yuniu Glass Fiber Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Huatek New Material Inc., Jiangsu Amer New Material Co., Ltd., JSC NPO Stekloplastik, JSC Polotsk-Steklovolokno, Mid Mountain Materials Incorporated, SGL Carbon, Sichuan Chang Yang Composites Company Limited, and Valmiera Group.
High silica fiber manufacturers are constantly innovating their product offerings to meet the demands of the market. They are investing in research and development to improve the performance and quality of their products, which can lead to increased demand and higher sales. Players are expanding their presence in emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific, which are experiencing high growth rates due to the increasing demand for high-quality products in various end-use industries.
- In Jan 2022, Valmiera rebuild the glass melting furnace thereby doubling its production volume. The maximum production capacity of the glass melting furnace reached additional 7 - 10 tons of high silica glass fiber per day. The current output of the company is 15 tons per day.
- In 2022, Hantai New Material built two new workshops to increase its fire sleeve production infrastructure to 40 weaving lines and 30 coating lines and improved the annual production capacity to 2.5 million meters.
Fact.MR has provided detailed information about the price points of key manufacturers of high silica fiber positioned across regions, sales growth, production capacity, and speculative technological expansion, in the recently published report.
Segmentation of High Silica Fiber Industry Research
By Product Type :
By Application :
- Furnaces and Refractories Insulation
- Gasket Production
- Thermal Insulation Panels
- Hygrometry Panels
- Fireproof Panels
- Metallurgy (Protection System)
- Fittings and Flangs Covers
- Engine Exhaust Pipe Covers
- Protective Clothing
- Oil Refining Liners
By Region :
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia & Oceania
- Middle East & Africa
- FAQs -
The market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 3.6 billion in 2033.
The regions included in the high silica fiber market study include North America, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, South Asia & Oceania, East Asia, and Europe.
The global high silica fiber market was valued at US$ 1.3 billion in 2022.
The historic growth rate of the high silica fiber market was 7.8% from 2018-2022.
Prominent players in the market are CJSC RLB Silika, Hantai New Materials, Hebei Yuniu Glass Fiber Manufacturing Co., Ltd., Huatek New Material Inc., Jiangsu Amer New Material Co., Ltd., JSC NPO Stekloplastik, JSC Polotsk-Steklovolokno among others.