Enterprise/Corporate Sector to Accelerate Growth of MOOC Market, accumulating 40% Revenue: Fact.MR Study
Published : 19 Jan 2022 Industry: Technology
Fact.MR predicts the global sales of MOOC market to exceed US$ 152 Bn by registering a staggering double digit CAGR of 35% in the assessment period 2022-2032. The MOOC market is gaining significant traction on the back of flexible learning and availability of micro & nano courses as employee engagement & development programs.
Historically, from 2017 to 2021, the sales of MOOC market experienced an uptick of around 25%.. The COVID-19 pandemic affected supply and demand chain across various industries. But, on the other hand, it upsurged the demand for learning from home due to restrictions on movements. Thus, the sales of MOOC market are expected to upsurge in the upcoming assessment period.
Rapidly growing educational costs & the increased requirement for higher education to secure a job creates demand for an economical education system. This in turn is giving impetus to the growth of the MOOC market over the forecast period. In addition, MOOC has been witnessing immense adoption in various enterprises due to strong consumer interest in convenient and portable learning options.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- By customer category, enterprise/corporate sector is expected to gain more than 40% market share for MOOC market.
- By course, education and teaching courses are expected to hold more than 45% market share for MOOC market.
- MOOC industry expected to possess nearly 45% market share throughout North America.
- MOOC industry expected to possess nearly 40% market share throughout Asia
“Ed-Tech companies are focusing on integrating top universities along with offering a wide range of subjects.” states a Fact.MR study
- In November 2021, Alison announced the launch of courses in traditional Irish music and singing. The company is offering free certificates for beginner, beginner 2 and Fiddle for certain music instruments.
- Certain MOOC providers are focusing on creativity & arts education instead of mainstream education. For Instance, Kadenze, a MOOC platform that specializes in creative and arts education, partners with some of the best art institutions and universities around the world to optimize its arts education offering.
More Valuable Insights
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global MOOC market, presenting historical demand data (2017-2021) and forecast statistics for the period of 2022-2032.
The study indulges essential insights on the market on the basis of customer category (Individual, Enterprise / Corporate, Small Enterprise, Medium Sized Enterprise, Large Enterprise, Educational Institutes), primary objective (Reskilling and Online Certification, Language and Casual Learning, Supplemental Education, Higher Education, Test Preparation), program (Certificate & Professional Program, Degree & Master Programs, Others), course (Business & Management, Data Science / Programming / Computer Science, Science (Pure), Social Science, Humanities, Educational & Teaching, Engineering, Health & Medicine, Mathematics, Art & Design, Others (Law, Language Etc.), model (xMOOC and cMOOC) and across seven major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia and Pacific and MEA).
Fact.MR’s Domain Knowledge in Technology
Our ICT consulting team guides organizations at each step of their business strategy by helping you understand how the latest influencers account for operational and strategic transformation in the ICT sector. Our expertise in recognizing the challenges and trends impacting the global ICT industry provides indispensable insights and support – encasing a strategic perspective that helps you identify critical issues and devise appropriate solutions.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Sr. Consultant – ICT