Oct 20, 2020
Bioprocess Bags Market Propelled by Shifting Preference from Conventional Biotech Devices to Single-use Technology Devices; COVID-19 Outbreak Surging Demand Further
by Team Fact.MR
Attributed to the economic and operational benefits of bioprocess bags, they have been widely adopted in the biopharmaceutical sector for various bioprocessing applications. This positive scenario is projected to continue, as currently, over three-fourth biotech companies use some kind of single-use technology devices, and are set to increase consumption over the years. Owing to increased demand, bioprocess bags currently account for nearly one-third of the global single-use technology devices market. Use of bioprocess bags reduces leak points and chances of contamination, making them an ideal choice over conventional stainless steel containers. These advantages are poised to fuel the growth of the bioprocess bags market, which is slated to close in on a market valuation US$ 3 Bn by 2030-end.
Key Takeaways from Bioprocess Bags Market Study
- On the basis of type, 2D bioprocess bags have remained the preferred choice in global bioprocess bags market, and generated a market value worth US$ 880 Mn in 2019.
- In response to increasing demand for biopharmaceuticals, biotech companies are scaling up their production capacities, which will drive demand for 3D bioprocess bags.
- Small- and medium-sized bioprocess bags account for a leading share in the global bioprocess bags market, and are set to generate an absolute $ opportunity worth US$ 1.1 Bn by 2030.
- On the basis of application, the chromatography feed & collection segment is poised to expand at a leading growth rate of 10% over the forecast period.
- Attributed to the range of bioprocessing applications, the biotechnology end-use industry accounted for over three-fourth of global consumption in 2019.
- The United States is projected to remain a leading consumer of bioprocess bags during the forecast period, surpassing a market valuation worth US$ 1.2 Bn by 2030.
“The coronavirus outbreak and failure of conventional pharmaceutical drugs have resulted in huge investments in biotech industries, which will create huge demand for bioprocess bags till the mid-term forecast period,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Targeted Acquisition Strategies by Players to Fuel Market Growth
Players in the bioprocess bags market space have been strategically focusing on high potential bioprocess bags, and in response, they have invested millions of dollars in acquiring companies across different geographical regions. Under their targeted strategy, prominent players have acquired numerous competitors to strengthen their market position.
- For instance, Sartorius AG acquired selected assets of the life science business of Danaher Corporation in 2020, to enhance its position in the global biopharma market.
- In 2019, ThermoFisher strategically acquired two companies - API manufacturing company named Glaxo-Smith-Kline, and Brammer Bio, a viral vector manufacturer.
Such strategies will assist stakeholders to progress in the global bioprocess bags market over the forecast period.
More Valuable Insights on Bioprocess Bags Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global bioprocess bags market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. The study divulges essential insights on the bioprocess bags market on the basis of type (2D and 3D), capacity (small, medium, large, and extra-large), application (buffer & media storage, cell culture, cell separation & harvest, chromatography feed & collection, ultrafiltration & diafiltration, intermediate & final product hold, and others) and end-use industry (biotechnology and pharmaceuticals), across six major regions.
>>> To Get more insights on bioprocess bags market, visit- https://www.factmr.com/report/3926/bioprocess-bags-market
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the Chemicals & Materials industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.