Feb 05, 2021
Over 90% of High Purity Aluminium Demand to Come from Semiconductor Industry, Projects Fact.MR
by Team Fact.MR
Led by East Asia, the global high purity aluminium market is currently pegged at more than US$ 3.3 Bn, and is anticipated to grow at a rate of close to 11% over the long-term forecast period, i.e., 2020-2030. High purity aluminium, unlike other conductors, is a niche and expensive product. Therefore, demand for the product over the past half-decade has remained stable, and so has the price.
Key consumers of high purity aluminium are diversified across a multitude of industries, ranging from semiconductors, aerospace, and automotive. Of these, semiconductors is set to drive demand for high purity aluminium the most, owing to higher penetration of the product in the manufacturing of a number of high-end semiconductors. Manufacturers channelling high purity aluminium to the semiconductor industry will hold the proverbial key to success in market.
Key Takeaways from High Purity Aluminium Market Study
- The global high purity aluminium market is anticipated to add 2.7X value by 2030 as compared to 2020.
- Semiconductors capture a governing share of the global high purity aluminium market, and are set to create US$ 6 Bn opportunity by 2030.
- Chip production is the fastest-growing segment in the high purity aluminium market, owing to rapid growth of semiconductor chip production lines across East Asia, especially China and Taiwan.
- East Asia is set to dominate market revenue, and is expected to gain 670 BPS in its market share by 2030.
- The ingots form is anticipated to gain around 390 BPS over the forecast period of 2020-2030.
- The market in the U.S. is set to expand at a CAGR of close to 9% through 2030.
- The high purity aluminium market in China is projected to race ahead at a CAGR of over 13% over the next ten years.
“Semiconductor industry could be comprehended as the spine of the high purity aluminium market,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Long-run Price Point Fluctuations
Unlike the historical period, price point fluctuations are set to be observed over the long-term forecast period, owing to rise in the penetration and diversification of the product across a multitude of industries. Moreover, rise in supply over the medium term is also expected, which is set to overturn price stability and create new price heights. Furthermore, speculative demand and fluctuating prices of aluminium are expected over the assessment period.
More Valuable Insights on High Purity Aluminium Market
Fact.MR, in its new offering, presents an unbiased analysis of the global high purity aluminium market, presenting historical demand data (2015-2019) and forecast statistics for the period of 2020-2030. The study divulges essential insights on the market on the basis of grade (4N, 5N, and 6N), end use (semiconductors [chip production, flat panel display production, thin film production, electrolytic capacitor foils, electronic storage systems, and others], aerospace, automotive, and others), and form (disks, pellets, ingots, wires and coils, and others), across six major regions (North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia & Oceania, and the Middle East & Oceania).
About the Chemicals & Materials Division at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned Chemicals & Materials team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analyzed the Chemicals & Materials industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Consultant - Chemicals & Materials