Demand for Eco-friendly Baby Wipes Expected to Increase Faster Over the Decade: Fact.MR Survey
Published : 06 Oct 2021 Industry: Consumer Goods
Fact.MR, a market research and competitive intelligence provider, recently published an updated analysis on the global baby wipes market. The survey predicts the industry to expand at a steady CAGR of around 4% over the next ten years. Market growth can mainly be attributed to aspects such as modernization in healthcare and hygiene, increasing baby care products, growing number of women joining the workforce, and increasing disposable income.
The baby wipes market is undergoing a sustainability transition, and demand for eco-friendly baby wipes is increasing as consumers become more aware about the environmental impact of using products that contain chemicals or plastics. Increasing awareness regarding baby skincare is also expected to drive demand for organic and eco-friendly wipes over the coming years.
Manufacturers are focusing on creating environment-friendly products and are incorporating sustainable methods, right from the manufacturing process, and are also trying to lower their carbon footprint. With consumers being more informed than ever, = manufacturers are now trying to provide products that are sustainable and affordable to rival the competition and rake in more sales.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- Global market for baby wipes to rise at steady CAGR of around 4% over the decade.
- Increasing awareness regarding hygiene, rising focus on baby skincare, growing number of working women, and hectic lifestyle are major driving factors driving the industry.
- Aging population and low birth rate are somewhat restricting market growth in Japan.
- High birth rates and increase in demand for baby care products in countries such as India, China, the U.S., U.K., and Germany to prove beneficial for market players.
- North America expected to hold dominant market share over the forecast period.
“As the number of working women increases, demand for time-saving baby care solutions and products, such as baby wipes, is expected to see an increase in demand and sales,” says a Fact.MR analyst.
Some of the key manufacturers of baby wipes, such as Unicharm Corporation, Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget SCA, Johnson & Johnson, The Procter and Gamble Company, Kimberly Clark Corporation, etc., have been profiled in this research analysis.
Some market developments:
- In July 2021, Suominen, in its effort to expand its sustainable product portfolio, introduced Biolace Ultrasoft, which is a nonwoven product range for personal and baby care products. The product is biodegradable, plastic-free, and completely plant-based.
- Polish hygiene brand Harper Hygienics S.A. is also increasing its focus on sustainable products, and has taken steps such as launching new eco-designs. In 2020, it launched Cleanic Baby Eco, a line of organic wipes made of 100% cotton.
More Valuable Insights Available
This global baby wipes survey provides a detailed assessment while providing with the data for historic period (2016-2020) and also predictive insights for the forecast period of 2021-2031.
The report defines the baby wipes market in terms of segments to make it comprehensive and effective. The segmentation is on the basis of product type (wet wipes baby wipes and dry wipes baby wipes), material (cotton terry wipes baby wipes, cotton flannel wipes baby wipes, microfiber wipes baby wipes, and bamboo velour wipes baby wipes), distribution channel (modern trade, drug stores, convenience stores, e-Commerce, and other retail formats), and technology used (airlaid baby wipes, spunlace baby wipes, and wetlaid baby wipes), across key regions of the world.
About the Consumer Products Domain at Fact.MR
Expert analysis, actionable insights, and strategic recommendations of the highly seasoned consumer products team at Fact.MR helps clients from across the globe with their unique business intelligence needs. With a repertoire of over thousand reports and 1 million-plus data points, the team has analysed the consumer products industry across 50+ countries for over a decade. The team provides unmatched end-to-end research and consulting services. Reach out to explore how we can help.
For more information, refer to our market research report or contact the PR author.
Sr. Consultant – Shambhu Nath Jha