Growing Demand for Organic Mulching Materials for Weed Control Purposes to Significantly Drive Global Market Demand
Organic mulching materials is expected to witness surging demand in the near future owing to its potential characteristics such as moderation of the soil temperature, soil protection, moisture conservation, nutrients as organic matter. However, high-cost of labor, limited effectiveness on the perennial weeds, overdue soil warming as well as potential to carry harbor pests and weed seeds is anticipated to restrain the growth of mulching materials market.
Organic mulching materials such as fresh-cut forage, straw and hay are expected to gain significant traction in mulching materials market as they hold the potential for easy use, suppresses weed germination and reduces evaporative losses of the soil moisture. Chipped brush, tree leaves and various forest-based mulching materials are anticipated to gain significant demand for small fruits as well as various other perennial crops purposes.
Horticultural sector is expected to drive the demand and supply for organic mulching materials such as straw and hay during the forecast period. Mulching materials such as hay helps in preventing soil erosion and crusting as well as adds large amounts of slow-release nutrients and organic matter, particularly potassium. Growing demand from horticultural farmers for affordable and easily available mulching materials is expected to further drive the supply of straw.
Mulching materials are referred to the leaves, nut shells, and grass clipping, wood and bark chips and other natural and synthetic materials applied over a plant. The primary functions of mulching materials include soil nutrition and management, weed control and improve aesthetic value of the plants or trees applied. Importance of mulching materials has increased over the years due to rise in weather uncertainties mainly flooding and rapid urbanization leading to substantial soil losses. The application of mulches varies from its application purpose, seasons and stage of plant and tree. Generally, mulches are applied from mid- to late spring and autumn season in a year. Mulches also support in water conservation which lowers watering nearly 35-45%. Increasing water shortage across various parts of the world has limited water use for drinking and agricultural purposes.
Reasons for Covering this Title
Growing need for sustainable agricultural practices including factors like weed control, soil management and water conservation are encouraging higher demand for mulching and thereby various mulching materials. The multiple factors listed above vary with the type of material used. Additionally, the mulching materials not only conserves soil moisture but also improve the yields to the plants and trees applied along with limiting the use of irrigation water, fertilizers and plant protection chemicals.
The report encompasses the detailed study of various product types of mulching materials, and its different end uses. It briefs about the emerging segments and analyses the various market trends which support in investment decisions in the mulching materials market. Globally, there are different agro-climatic zones and the need for the mulching material will vary from country to country.
Advancements in mulching technologies and various strategies taken by companies help in understanding the competitive positioning in the mulching materials market. Emerging markets including China, India, and Brazil, Mexico and African countries will witness the highest growth in the mulching materials market due to increase in water shortage conditions. Higher availability of arable land in Africa and increase in the importance of agriculture and horticulture will support mulching materials market in this region over the forecast period.
Global Mulching Materials: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Product Type, the global Mulching Materials market has been segmented as –
- Grass clippings
- Peat moss
- Wood chips
- Woodchip mulch
- Bark chips and Bark Nuggets
- Straw mulch/ field hay/salt hay
- Polypropylene and polyethylene
- Plant Starches and Sugars
- Stones and Gravels
On the basis of Nature, the global Mulching Materials market has been segmented as –
- Synthetic Mulches
- Organic Mulches
On the basis of Application, the global Mulching Materials market has been segmented as –
- Weed Control
- Shading Purpose
- Soil Conservation and Temperature Management
- Soil Nutrition and microbial activity enhancement
- Aesthetic Purpose
On the basis of End-Use, the global Mulching Materials market has been segmented as –
- Horticultural (including Landscaping)
Global Mulching Materials Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global Mulching Materials market are Alpine Materials, LLC, Cowart Mulch Products, Inc., Woodland Mulch, Bailey Bark Materials, Inc., The Mulch Center, Lafayette Materials, Watson Materials, Renewable Fiber Inc., Good Earth Garden Market, Agriplast Tech India Pvt. Ltd., and others.
Opportunities for Market Participants
An upward trend is forecasted for the Mulching Materials market over the forecast period. Manufacturers of Mulching Materials are providing Mulching Materials products with varied colours, types, forms, multipurpose and packaging. Technology developments have been witnessed over the recent years in the Mulching Materials market from the inclusion of various materials, degradability, application methods, application tools and packaging. Improved agricultural implement for applying mulch and sowing together has resulted in enhanced farm operations. There have been various developments related to the inclusion of different newer mulching materials like hard paper or newspaper other than traditional materials. Post chemical treatment of paper, when applied as a mulching medium, is known to have a higher life of itself and also known to have effective weed control in the fields.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach is followed and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in Mulching Materials report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product type, unique functions and end-uses of the product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in Mulching Materials report include:
- An overview of the Mulching Materials market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Mulching Materials market and its potential
- Mulching Materials Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Mulching Materials market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the Mulching Materials market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the Mulching Materials market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
This analytical research study imparts an all-inclusive assessment on the market, while propounding historical intelligence, actionable insights, and industry-validated & statistically-upheld market forecast. Verified and suitable set of assumptions and methodology has been leveraged for developing this comprehensive study. Information and analysis on key market segments incorporated in the report has been delivered in weighted chapters. A thorough analysis has been offered by the report on
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Market Segments
- Demand & Supply Trends
- Current Issues and Challenges
- Companies and Competitor Landscape
- Value Chain
Regional Segments Analyzed Include
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Compilation of authentic and first-hand intelligence, insights offered in the report are based on quantitative and qualitative assessment by leading industry experts, and inputs from opinion leaders & industry participants around the value chain. Growth determinants, macroeconomic indicators, and parent market trends have been scrutinized and delivered, coupled with the market attractiveness for each market segment encompassed. Qualitative impact of growth influencers on the market segments across regions has also been mapped by the report.
Highlights from the Report
- Elaborated scenario of the parent market
- Transformations in the market dynamics
- Detailed segmentation of the target market
- Historical, current and forecast market size based on value and volume
- Latest industry developments and trends
- Competition landscape
- Strategies adopted by the market players and product developments made
- Potential and niche segments, along with their regional analysis
- Unbiased analysis on performance of the market
- Up-to-date and must-have intelligence for the market players to enhance and sustain their competitiveness
Benefits of Becoming a Fact.MR Client
- Access to our global market coverage
- Periodic updates on your sector
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- Greater flexibility for customization
- Quick-research assistance for ad-hoc needs
- Access to credible insights Fact.MR analyst interactions
- Access to Fact.MR tools and research to fuel strategy development